E82 Dengfu frame now available

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thanks mate! It’s the same battery housing used for E10? Are they interchangeable?
Hello Thaeber

What I see they did use same connector with 6 knife contacts. Some are used for CAN communication. So you wont put there old battery (has 4 contacts). And E82 battery is bigger.

So lets see if they come up with new battery connector. Extra CAN connector from battery would be also ok. Just I guess they want to leave it with simple battery removal.
I would also welcome if they remove that key lock mechanism and replace with one hex screw. And battery would hold there tight. No rattle and no water ingress over key mechanism if they put there a nice rubber cap.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Hello Thaeber

What I see they did use same connector with 6 knife contacts. Some are used for CAN communication. So you wont put there old battery (has 4 contacts). And E82 battery is bigger.

So lets see if they come up with new battery connector. Extra CAN connector from battery would be also ok. Just I guess they want to leave it with simple battery removal.
I would also welcome if they remove that key lock mechanism and replace with one hex screw. And battery would hold there tight. No rattle and no water ingress over key mechanism if they put there a nice rubber cap.

Personally I prefer keylock or other quick locking system because I commute to work on my bike as well and need to get the battery inside during work day. Temperatures go from -30°c in the winter and summer can get to +30°c. Battery would die during work day in the winter or the sun would fry it.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland

Looks like its on EBay under the Carboncycles site.

Yep, just like I said in my first post when I started this! 😁 Sadly they still don't have plans yet to make it in any other size that M 17".. :/

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
That does not make sense not to do L. I think L is most selling size.
Well. Clearly not since they and as well many others start with M 17" size frame. That must the most sold size. L 19" should be the next most sold for sure tho.

It's odd that they have it listed with S/M/L/XL available tho.

Maybe they haven't had enough people message them about size L 19" yet. If you haven't make sure you do and let them know you are interested! 😁

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Yep, just like I said in my first post when I started this! 😁 Sadly they still don't have plans yet to make it in any other size that M 17".. :/
It was missing for a while but now back on the EBay site.

Not sure about the L but I think when I bought my E10 there wa sonly medium available, they slowly bought on the other sizes over about 6 months.

Note the size of batteries ?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
It was missing for a while but now back on the EBay site.

Not sure about the L but I think when I bought my E10 there wa sonly medium available, they slowly bought on the other sizes over about 6 months.

Note the size of batteries ?
Ah good to know.

Yeah well they haven't officially even lauched E82 yet so might be a good while before we see L size then :/

Yeah battery size from 600-1000wh.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Saw this in the dengFu ebike group.

How even Ben from DengFu said this: "At present, there is no production plan for L or other sizes, only some inventory of M sizes is in retail.".

So I don't know what to make of that.

Screenshot_20240313_123346_Chrome.jpg

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Ben responded with this.

"If the sales of samples in size M are good, other sizes should be fast."

Lets hope people will buy the size M frames quickly 😁

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Good news! They are looking into making holes for the cables so you don't have to use the headset for the cables!

I got this image as an example.

431302054_395809519854362_1339314490436702878_n.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thats right, you will be missing that aluminium part for hoses.

It is pain with hoses running through headset. And in services they dont like it much. ;)

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
This is a very convenient solution. You can modify the 90mm rocker arm and install a shock absorber of any length. I just have a spring-loaded cane creek 216x63

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
31,6mm. See my photo from previous post, I think it's about 230mm. I'll use OneUp V2.1 150mm
Thanks!

I also got this from Ben 😁

"The seat tube is 31.6mm, and the maximum length supported by the M size E82 is 280mm for the lifting seat tube. This length is calculated from the position of the seat tube clamp, which means that replacing it with a regular seat tube of 350mm is not a problem."

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles