E82 Dengfu frame now available

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Dear Gregor, thank you for the photos. Did you built the pack by yourself? I need to understand better the wiring below that green adhesives and where the zync plates goes before going to the BMS. Therefore I need some more detailed photos which I believe will be hard for you to take it, because envolves taking apart the adhesive and plastic structure. I asked Dengfu and I am waiting for their reply.
I bought it already made from Dengfu.

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Did you do the painting yourself? If so how was it? What made you go with the specialized theme?
I did the painting myself. I used acryl paint and 2k klarlack.
I was looking for stickers quickly and these were the right size for this frame. I'm not a fan of specialized but it looks good for me :)
1712312327256.png

1712312342745.png

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
Able to get first ride in this weekend? 😁 excited to hear your opinions about the frame and motor!
I rode about 20 km. Yes, M560 is loud, but after these 20 km it became quieter. I think that after 200 km it will be even quieter, as it was in my m620. Only 2% of the battery was consumed (mixed mode econ/sport/boost).

About frame - I'm not happy with the wires running through headset. It depends on how the links are set up and when turning the handlebar left the derailleur shifts by itself and when turning right my dropper extends :) I need to improve the routing of these lines. Dengfu recommends that the speed sensor should be installed close to the disc to which the magnet is to be attached but I did it a different way. The battery moves and rattles, which can be heard when driving over small bumps - I stuck a piece of foam to the cover and there is silence.

IMG20240407141243.jpg

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I rode about 20 km. Yes, M560 is loud, but after these 20 km it became quieter. I think that after 200 km it will be even quieter, as it was in my m620. Only 2% of the battery was consumed (mixed mode econ/sport/boost).

About frame - I'm not happy with the wires running through headset. It depends on how the links are set up and when turning the handlebar left the derailleur shifts by itself and when turning right my dropper extends :) I need to improve the routing of these lines. Dengfu recommends that the speed sensor should be installed close to the disc to which the magnet is to be attached but I did it a different way. The battery moves and rattles, which can be heard when driving over small bumps - I stuck a piece of foam to the cover and there is silence.

View attachment 137899
Yeah, I'm planning on asking Dengfu to make holes in the frame near headset and use those instead of the headset cable routing. I guess you can get the headset cables to work if you are able to get everything perfectly in place but I wonder how long they will stay in place. Headset cable routing is terrible idea.. I hope they won't force it in mtbs in the future.

What's the difference between your magnet placement and dengfus? What made you do it that way instead of the recommended way? You found some pros/cons with these different placements?

Is the battery with the mounting points moving or the battery only? Or was it the battery cover which rattles against the battery? Definitely seems like something isn't like it's suppose to be. Why would they intentionally desing it so. Or maybe this is one of the problems with these early frames where they test things out.

Have you contacted Dengfu about the battery rattle problem? Really want to know what they say about it.

What's your setup with the spider, chainring and cranks? Did you get those with the motor or purchased separately? Is the chainline perfect with that spider? Haven't found information about what spider I need to get so it works with the frame. I'm hoping to find 160mm cranks for myself.

Screenshot_20240409_160501_Chrome.jpg

_gregor

Mar 16, 2024
Poland
What's the difference between your magnet placement and dengfus? What made you do it that way instead of the recommended way? You found some pros/cons with these different placements?
See photo. I don't have magnet and sensor that would fit such a solution.
received_1109641226947812.png

received_432657905939296.png

IMG20240403212745.jpg

Headset cable routing is terrible idea..
I agree with this.

Or maybe this is one of the problems with these early frames where they test things out
I think that's it.
Have you contacted Dengfu about the battery rattle problem?
I contacted Ben about hedset routing problem and I got the answer that they have improved this and he will send me new designed headset. This is terrible, look what condition are the cables in after 20 km...

IMG20240409192352.jpg

What's your setup with the spider, chainring and cranks? Did you get those with the motor or purchased separately?
A get those with the motor. 38T and 11-50T rear. There's no ideal chainline, but nothing bad happens under heavy load.

grzero

Apr 9, 2024
Poland
Hello guys. Is there anyone who built or are building an E82 ebike can send me the scheme of the battery? I purchased only the empty case, since I already had the cells and BMS but I am having a hard time figuring out how to build the battery pack properly. It fits 80 18650 samsgung 3400mah cells inside the case and setup is 13s6p.
Did you find scheme of the battery?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
No, sticking foam to cover eliminates rattling. I don't think there's any other way to do it after looking at the construction of the lock.

Maybe so but I think it's good idea to inform dengfu about it so future customers wont have to do diy fix and whine to dengfu. Dengfu can fix the problems themselfs :p

Denver

Dec 28, 2023
Switzerland
It would be better if they brought back the normal wiring ports in the frame. So many movements and all for nothing.
I disagree with you ; if cable routing is done correctly, it's both aesthetically pleasing and functional. There are just constraints if one wants to service the bearings.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I disagree with you ; if cable routing is done correctly, it's both aesthetically pleasing and functional. There are just constraints if one wants to service the bearings.
i disagree with you. With battery it have too lower space on ebike to allow easily cables/wiring translation, sometime when you fall with MTB the handlebar can make 360° and done too many constraint on cables.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
If you have your bike serviced in a workshop, I don't see a problem either.
But I have to service the bike myself, in which case it will always be damaged cables and problems with removing the fork every 50 hours.
Not to mention what patdam described above.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles