Dengfu E10 / coil shock

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Who running a coil shock with dengfu E10 frame?

Share with us your weight and spring rate

I weigh 80 kg and would like to buy a 500lbs spring, what do you think?
rockshox-metrische-stahlfeder-fuer-daempfer-federbeine-134x55mm-1.jpg

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
My armchair research tells me that I want/need a coil shock.

I don't really understand the suspension kinematics stuff, would you guys still get a progressive coil with the new Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil that has HBO? I don't ride hard, and don't expect to bottom out much (or at all).

What values do you guys put in for the E10, when using this calculator?
Travel/stroke/sag are obvious, but what about the rest?

Do you actually add the motor and battery as rider weight?

I choose 67% weight distribution because I am a heavy and recreational rider, according to their recommendations. Would a 26mm longer chainstay (from the E23 fat bike rear triangle) shift that weight distribution noticeably (458mm vs 484mm)? I would guess that takes maybe 2% off those 67% again? Based on this post, I would also assume the forward weight distribution of the motor and battery would even take off a bit more?

I seem to fall between 550lbs and 600lbs at around 95-98kg (without the motor/battery weight) geared up, with around 30% sag.

What spring rate would you go for, when choosing a progressive spring? Factoring in my assumption in the paragraph above, would a 550lbs or 600 lbs (linear equivalent) likely be better suited for me?

TIA!

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
90 kg dry weight, 216x63 Cane Creek DB shock with 400 - 488 progressive spring. I tried several springs including the 450 - 550 progressive spring, but the 400 - 480 is perfect for my taste. Very supple and plush, 35% Sag.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles