Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Chris91

Aug 26, 2020
Suffolk
Hi guy, new to the forum, I too have been looking at the Stilus with no avail! I don't have a local decathlon so rang a selection of them up, some more helpful than others, one did tell me that 136 large bikes will be coming into stock in the coming 4 weeks, which correlates with an earlier post.

If you want to ride an eMTB before Autumn, I believe it's the only way forward. I paid £275 more for my Race than a Stilus, better tyres, I like the way the cables enter the frame as opposed to what the Stilus has and I'm supporting a small LBS.

I really wanted to buy a Stilus, but it wasn't to be.

Good luck to everyone hunting the magic unicorns!

Could I have a link to the bike you bought please? Getting fed up of waiting and a few hundred extra doesn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers all

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Bottom line is if you want a Stilus you will need to check online every day for availability until you get bored and buy something else! Can any current owner tell me if they signed up for AND ACTUALLY GOT a stock alert email when bikes were available to order?
YES and YES .. I signed up and go the email but it was in my spam folder and the same for my missis (who the bike belings too) . ordered instanlty but got canceled instantly but that was due to Paypal credit . so ordered using my card and went straight through and took 15 days .

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
Hi guy, new to the forum, I too have been looking at the Stilus with no avail! I don't have a local decathlon so rang a selection of them up, some more helpful than others, one did tell me that 136 large bikes will be coming into stock in the coming 4 weeks, which correlates with an earlier post.

Could I have a link to the bike you bought please? Getting fed up of waiting and a few hundred extra doesn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers all

I purchased from here; FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (SELECTED SCOTLAND ADDRESSES NOMINAL CHARGE APPLIED) :: Leisure Wheels for Cube Haibike Bianchi and Raleigh

Sadly it was the last one in stock. You can pre-order the 2021 model and if you speak with Dan and you’re a Keyworker, get 15% discount.

Chris91

Aug 26, 2020
Suffolk

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Dan was prepared to do me a deal on a 2021 bike. If you enter the key worker code for a 2021 bike it still discounts.

This is great ? I'm thinking of putting a Pre Order for a Cube now...

All them months of working on train around people who didn't follow the lockdown essential travel only and putting up with junkies and bams has paid off for once...

IMG_20200827_134442.jpg

Chris91

Aug 26, 2020
Suffolk
I rang them up earlier and it will be 10% on 2021 bikes but they have no idea when they will be coming in (a little like the stilus I guess).

They have a 140 left in my size at £3300 which I'm tempted by..

Filenotfound

Aug 7, 2020
UK
I gave up waiting and went for a discounted 2020 Cube 120 and I love it - My first E bike and first Full suspension . I was very tempted to wait for the 2021 part carbon frame 140 or 160 but could not justify the additional money (and im a total newbie so all that extra travel will be wasted on me ) - Paid £2895 from Bikester and it shipped from Germany in 5 days from checkout to door. (they quoted 10 days)
With so few sub £4k e mtb ebikes left in stock and a lot 2021 models not coming in until Nov/Dec (at best) I couldnt wait anymore ! Ive had the bike around 2 weeks now and ive been out on it everyday 20miles + LOVE IT - Its pouring down with rain now and ive already been out this morning and yet im toying with the idea of going out again today :D
If a load of Stilus come into stock soon I will feel a little gutted I didnt wait and try to snag one as it was my first choice, but looking a the demand, even if stock does come in I felt like it would of been a bit of a lottery if I even got one then.

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
I gave up waiting and went for a discounted 2020 Cube 120 and I love it - My first E bike and first Full suspension . I was very tempted to wait for the 2021 part carbon frame 140 or 160 but could not justify the additional money (and im a total newbie so all that extra travel will be wasted on me ) - Paid £2895 from Bikester and it shipped from Germany in 5 days from checkout to door. (they quoted 10 days)
With so few sub £4k e mtb ebikes left in stock and a lot 2021 models not coming in until Nov/Dec (at best) I couldnt wait anymore ! Ive had the bike around 2 weeks now and ive been out on it everyday 20miles + LOVE IT - Its pouring down with rain now and ive already been out this morning and yet im toying with the idea of going out again today :D
If a load of Stilus come into stock soon I will feel a little gutted I didnt wait and try to snag one as it was my first choice, but looking a the demand, even if stock does come in I felt like it would of been a bit of a lottery if I even got one then.

Thats a Decent deal on a Decent Bike!

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
This is great ? I'm thinking of putting a Pre Order for a Cube now...

All them months of working on train around people who didn't follow the lockdown essential travel only and putting up with junkies and bams has paid off for once...

View attachment 39004

I collected in store (you can park for an hour right outside). Great service, sag set up and accessories also received 15% discount.

Are you far from Hemel?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
I collected in store (you can park for an hour right outside). Great service, sag set up and accessories also received 15% discount.

Are you far from Hemel?

Yeah just Glasgow ?

But I have a rail pass so I could go down if it was quicker to do that.

But I'm very very tempted at the moment but the only thing holding my back is the hope of a Stilus as the extra travel would come in used as I intend to do some jumps and I'm 95kg as well.

Not super huge jumps but jumps and drops all the same. So I have this feeling having more travel could be beneficial to my riding.

I must say the Cube design is amazing. I love the styling and the fact you are getting a much better Bosch display you can take off when locking up.

A 625Wh battery is a great benefit to have.

So I'll leave the advice to you guys on this one.

Maybe the 120mm of travel might do?

Also have a dropper on my Voodoo Bizango I can swap over...

Chris91

Aug 26, 2020
Suffolk
I've just ordered the cube 140. I can now officially join the club, as well as the fed up of waiting for stilus club, imagine cube has had a fair amount of trade from that!

Imagine I will be frequenting the forum regularly now in particular ?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Start a new thread you bloody non Stilusers. We’ll see you in the trails and shout “traitors!”.

?

Really don't want to go this path but Decathlon haven't made things any easier.

Like asking me to buy it online with credit card to get it to store and then refund it to do my Cycle to Work ?

Crazy old company it is...

But it would have been nice if they simply knew a little more about when and how the stock was coming then it changing every two minutes.

But I do really want the Stilus...

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Just asked Leisure Wheels about the discount with my Cycle scheme and it's a no go!

Can't discount bikes with Cycle Scheme vouchers...

Ok I'm back on the Stilus ? hunt.

?

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
Yeah just Glasgow ?

But I have a rail pass so I could go down if it was quicker to do that.

But I'm very very tempted at the moment but the only thing holding my back is the hope of a Stilus as the extra travel would come in used as I intend to do some jumps and I'm 95kg as well.

Not super huge jumps but jumps and drops all the same. So I have this feeling having more travel could be beneficial to my riding.

I must say the Cube design is amazing. I love the styling and the fact you are getting a much better Bosch display you can take off when locking up.

A 625Wh battery is a great benefit to have.

So I'll leave the advice to you guys on this one.

Maybe the 120mm of travel might do?

Also have a dropper on my Voodoo Bizango I can swap over...

I’m 95kg too. What’s an inch between friends?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
If or when I get the Stilus, I have a Voodoo Bizango with SRam NX gears set.

Should I swap them out. I see the SX is meanly plastic...

Then put the SX on the Voodoo to sell...

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK
So folks, I also lost faith due to a complete lack of info from Decathlon and summer coming to an end! soon! So I’ve snagged a 2021 140/race/625 delivered today today and ended up paying no more than the price of a 120 ie £3200. I’m content that the 500 quid more than a Stilus is money well spent. Good luck all and I hope Decathlon get their act together, see you on the trails (hopefully) ?

Last edited:

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Got a email back from Decathlon France and famous last words after the last delivery update from last week that materialised into the some total of fuck all...

They said they are expecting a delivery into the french warehouse on the 10th Oct.

Don't shot the messager :ROFLMAO: as we all know by now, no one in Decathlon really knows really whats happening!

I have emailed them back asking about availability for online UK.

Not holding my breath.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Just got back from a local bike shop in Rochdale, Cycle Addicts. Dave is a very knowledgeable chap and really helpful. The software update was a ten minute job, just enough time to browse around the shop and then part with £20. I will be going back for any and all service issues. I can recommend them.
Also updated at Cycle Addicts Rochdale, Dave very helpful friendly guy , £20 upgrade, happy with the changes, motor feels smoother in my opinion.

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Ok guys, I might as well tell you this as it took me a few emails to french Customer Relations and you might hear from staff in store tell you about incoming stock...

I got a reply back from a french rep telling me the following in the image.

Called Decathlon Braehead this morning to check their system and it now showing 100 Medium & 100 Large available to UK warehouse in the next 4 weeks is what the staff advised, which is a step up from yesterday when they checked for me.

So I think it goes without saying keep checking the website because that is a far as we will get when it comes to getting anymore information out of Decathlon UK customer service to when it will be available for purchase or click & collect.

The only reason I got a reply on facebook from Decathlon about it stock was when I showed them this email by screenshot.

But needless to say I will be very pissed off if I don't get 1 of them 100 Large if for some reason I miss it. ???

As you can see it also says about a Version 2 coming in Feb 2021.

Screenshot (8)_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Noob question. What are people’s thoughts on taping the frame? I’ve already had a few minor scratches, bought a tiny piece of rip off helicopter tape that hardly covered anything... bought some cheap shit that’s peeling already... think may just remove it all and ride naked .

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Mine came ready scratched. :) Helitape is a bit of a pain for DIY but obvs with a bit of time & care can be done easily enough but there's a fair few guys out there who will plaster invisiframe on it for a few bob. IME, downtube & chain stays are the obvious points to cover, the BB area is obviously covered by the motor. The fork stanchons will take a bit of hammer over time, maybe one to think about.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles