commencal 2021

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Signature black/white available for pre-order.
They obviously photoshopped the picture from the team edition with the wrong dropper, sloppy....
At first I rather fancied the black/white, but now looking again I have a second impression:

cow.jpg

21METAPW29SGBK_2000.jpg

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Signature black/white available for pre-order.
They obviously photoshopped the picture from the team edition with the wrong dropper, sloppy....
A 3 minute Photoshop job would have been better than the one on the website. Wrong rear tyre, wrong cranks, disk and dropper. Don't know why they did start with the original pics. Anyway, this is closer I would think unless they are changing the spec.

Meta_Power_29_Signature_2021_A_BLACK.jpg

Tim

Feb 2, 2019
Belgium
Fitst line of the description does state « The image of this model is not a photo but in fact a 3D representation. The studio photos with the specs listed below will be available very shortly »

Still bit sloppy, thanks for work you did, must say that with the golden kashima parts the black & white one does look better then full black components on the team one.

And they won’t be changing the spec, that would be incorrect to the people who pre-order now

Last edited:

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Fitst line of the description does state « The image of this model is not a photo but in fact a 3D representation. The studio photos with the specs listed below will be available very shortly »

Still bit sloppy, thanks for work you did, must say that with the golden kashima parts the black & white one does look better then full black components on the team one.

And they won’t be changing the spec, that would be incorrect to the people who pre-order now
Fair comment, I didn't re-read that description. As someone who has pre-ordered this bike I didn't like the confusion of a possible spec change, don't mind the colour change though, in fact I think I prefer it.
All I need now is some black and white gear to match.
Doab.gif

They see me rollin, they hatin.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Depends on frame size and model if it says FEB then it is FEB, I spoke with them today too and decided to pull my preorder as I found another bike in stock locally and can have it friday

ShaneBean

Sep 2, 2020
West Virginia
It's interesting to me seeing ppl swap between bikes due to limited availability. I decided on the geo, travel, and then price I wanted before I picked the bike I wanted. Then I wanted to make sure the brand had good customer support. That's how I decided on the bike I wanted. It seems impatience has people swapping to completely different bikes.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
It's interesting to me seeing ppl swap between bikes due to limited availability. I decided on the geo, travel, and then price I wanted before I picked the bike I wanted. Then I wanted to make sure the brand had good customer support. That's how I decided on the bike I wanted. It seems impatience has people swapping to completely different bikes.
Agreed. I want a Kenevo SL, but swapped over to the 2021 Commencal due to availability, which is a completely different bike. Will hopefully end up keeping the Commencal for at least a year.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
I guess it depends on where you are in the sport, if you have something to ride currently, and what you already know you want. This will be my first bike so I'm not entirely sure what geo and specs are best for me and my terrain yet. I had a few metrics but they were not that precise...just enough to get me in the ballpark. Value for spec, reliability, something that appears to be good for local terrain..., multiple bikes fit the bill for my first bike. I liked commencal as they are local and seem to have excellent support, but honestly the meta 29 might be too much bike for what I will want to ride? The ep8, or any first year motor for that fact, is an unknown for reliability.

Currently availability is the biggest issue for most. I do know that when the snow starts to fall high up in the mountains and I can't ride my dirtbike anymore I can still access local lower elev mtb trails.....and those few extra months of riding will be enjoyable, and help keep me sane.

Side note:
I do have to say as someone (dirtbike) that's been eyeing emtbs for awhile, covid pushed me over the edge. One being working from home and a bit more flexibility in my schedule. Locally a mtb is a lot easier to get out and enjoy in a shorter amount of time with a bit less commitment.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
I just got tired of waiting and made my own. What could go wrong? :ROFLMAO:

p4pb10035894.jpg

pabloantu

Sep 10, 2020
Spain
Hello mates, please support choosing the right size for a 2021 Meta Power 29"
I'm 188cm (6´2") tall and 91cm (3´) inseam, just between L and XL.

Extreme angles suggest me to go for XL as reach is not that big, just enough to compensate the steep seat angle.
I'm afraid to feel size L small, while also afraid XL to be sluggish and difficult to move on twisty alpine singletracks, due to the massive wheelbase and extra weight of the ebike.

As a reference, I ride a 2019 XL Orbea Rallon and feel is the right size for me, bike is nimble and playful.
Below geometries compared. Thanks for your support!

View attachment 40310
Anybody? Please support!

JW9

Sep 5, 2020
UK
Anybody? Please support!

I'd go XL, reach and stack are the key measurements, the L meta has a lower stack and reach than the Rallon, if you get the L meta, you may find youself running the stem high with spacers underneath to get the stack feeling the same as the Rallon, thus loosing even more reach, as a stem also goes backward when raised up, especially on a slack HA.

The 2021 meta 29 come with a 50mm stem, so if it feels a bit long at 500, you could always drop to a 40mm stem.

Irfan1712

Apr 15, 2020
RCT, South Wales
i spoke to Commencal yesterday and they've confirmed the Meta powers are ready to ship from their French warehouse, but Shimano are replacing all motors first. they are still set for December deliveries.

im 6ft and im going to go for a Meta Power SX 21 Race.

Commencal store is £5900 for the bike. Wiggle and Chain Reaction show them for sale at £5500 but out of stock or currently not available, im imagine due to the EP8 motor.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else to pre order one from in the UK that might possibly be a bit cheaper than the Commencal Store? i think the conversion rate is from Euro to £ is what's making the Commencal Store seem more expensive..?

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
i spoke to Commencal yesterday and they've confirmed the Meta powers are ready to ship from their French warehouse, but Shimano are replacing all motors first. they are still set for December deliveries.

Commencal store is £5900 for the bike. Wiggle and Chain Reaction show them for sale at £5500 but out of stock or currently not available, im imagine due to the EP8 motor.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else to pre order one from in the UK that might possibly be a bit cheaper than the Commencal Store? i think the conversion rate is from Euro to £ is what's making the Commencal Store seem more expensive..?
Take a trip over the pond, only £4792 here ;) Signature is £5411

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man

Give the guys a Bike and Spanner a call, they sorted me a great deal when I bought my 2020 SX
www.bikeandspanner.co.uk

Gibalmc

Jun 7, 2020
Tweed valley
Any news regarding EP8 delivery?
I visited a LBS yesterday to get a lead time on a trek rail as my reserved focus sam2 has now been pushed back to February & the ep8 situation has put me right off the meta power. Bike shop owner only stocks Bosch e-bikes just now but wants a shimano alternative for his customers. He’s had an order with Merida for their new ep8 bikes for a while now. He told me he’d spoken to the Merida UK head honcho this week. They had originally told him December as well but they have now revised that with “delivery date unknown” I can’t verify this but his info supposedly from the Merida guy is that the component which is causing the problem is still failing under test. If your an optimist you’ll maybe still go with December, a realist probably early 2021, a pessimist ??‍♂️. I’ve been waiting to buy since May & im not waiting any longer so I’ve reluctantly given up on the meta power & sam2 & bought a trek rail 9.8xt. Delivery next week.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Very cool. Love the polish. I dont have any idea how Ohlins compare to Fox Factory. Dont see much of that brand here.
I like the polish as well, the other thing is that it is 1kg lighter than the Signature with Fox factory.
I don't know much about the Ohlins, the only thing I have seen that may correlate is that a review I saw of the Ohlins RXF 36 M.2 is that the Ohlins are closer in feel to Fox 36 than a Lyric. Don't know how this will translate to Ohlins 38 though.

I have ordered the Signature but now I'm eyeing off the Polished SX plus it's $500 AUD cheaper. If it had a 29 on the front I would change my order now.
I wonder if the polished finish holds up better than paint?

Anzafin

Jul 15, 2020
Finland
I think that polished surface will show every little scratch on it. Wouldn't take it myself only because of the polished outcome.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Just noticed the different in Fox components color scheme on the Signature. The new one has black stealth graphics, the original in orange. Random? Are newer versions a different color scheme?
21METAPW29SG_2000.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.52.20 PM.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles