Shop talk - 2021 Commencal

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Seat creaking? Just started today. Anyone else have this problem? Cant seem to isolate the source. Pretty damn loud

Dec 26, 2020
USA
Seat creaking? Just started today. Anyone else have this problem? Cant seem to isolate the source. Pretty damn loud

200 miles on my '21 29er and not a peep. But was does happen with my KS Lev Si dropper is you can actually pull it up with your hands if it's not in fully extended position. It's under a vacuum then "sucks it self" back down to where it was. It works flawlessly on the trail but I've never had that happen before. ?

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
I've had on another bike/saddle. Dirt had worked its way in to where the saddle rails enter the seat frame. Removed saddle and cleaned it really well. Dripped some chain lube into the gaps where the rails enter the saddle frame. Good chance to clean out and re-lub saddle clamp really well too.

pabloantu

Sep 10, 2020
Spain
Well shit. What did you end up going with instead of?
I know there’s a guy named mastercut on here who has a 2021 power SX with V4’s, must be a slightly different frame design though.
V4 front X2 rear, enough power to hold and block the rear wheel when needed. A bit annoying to use different pads

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Well shit. What did you end up going with instead of?
I know there’s a guy named mastercut on here who has a 2021 power SX with V4’s, must be a slightly different frame design though.
Before you give up, maybe you could try mounting the caliper with the adapter for a 220 rotor. Another 10mm could push it far enough into the opening between the seat and chainstay. Sram spherical brake washers probably stack up 10mm. Those washers and longer brake bolts just to see before you buy a 220 rotor and a spline adapter. I just bought a spline adapter for my meta am 29 from chainreaction to put a 220 sram rotor on. Adapter is dirt cheap($15?), sram spherical washers are laying around free, and $60 on fb buy n sell for a nib 220 rotor. Decoy front wheel has a 220 rotor so now i can swap wheelsets as needed

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
I've had on another bike/saddle. Dirt had worked its way in to where the saddle rails enter the seat frame. Removed saddle and cleaned it really well. Dripped some chain lube into the gaps where the rails enter the saddle frame. Good chance to clean out and re-lub saddle clamp really well too.
Yes this might just be what happened. Thanks

bazmacdonald

Jul 3, 2020
Inveness
Hi, could someone kindly send me a UK link for the type of front chainring required when I come to replace it, I have the tool now from earlier posts ? just so I get the correct chainring, thanks ? - meta power 29 signature models

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I got one from bike Inn in Spain. Took 10 days order to delivery. Lbs are saying no UK stock until September.

Dec 26, 2020
USA
Hi, could someone kindly send me a UK link for the type of front chainring required when I come to replace it, I have the tool now from earlier posts ? just so I get the correct chainring, thanks ? - meta power 29 signature models

I'd just email your local Commencal dealer. At least here in the States, they've been pretty good about getting back to me within a day or so.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Oops. Hopefully I can get this replaced so I can charge my bike.
6A79510A-6A93-4476-90F9-68938286EB1E.jpeg

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Before I have purchased my current Meta Power this year, I had a bit of stress as I couldn't really find any opinions on Commencal Customer Service, only some bad reviews on PinkBike.

After having dealt with them now for the last couple of months. I am really happy, and my next bike will most likely be a Commencal. I hope they will make an SL version with a limited motor, like the Orbea Rise or the Specialized Kenevo SL.

These guys are top-notch! Currently, I am on an E-Bike trip in Italy(Valle d'Aosta). On my way back to Portugal, I am thinking to stop for a couple of days in Andorra. To meet the epic guys I have dealt with the last couple of months :)

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.25.41.jpeg

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Before I have purchased my current Meta Power this year, I had a bit of stress as I couldn't really find any opinions on Commencal Customer Service, only some bad reviews on PinkBike.

After having dealt with them now for the last couple of months. I am really happy, and my next bike will most likely be a Commencal. I hope they will make an SL version with a limited motor, like the Orbea Rise or the Specialized Kenevo SL.

These guys are top-notch! Currently, I am on an E-Bike trip in Italy(Valle d'Aosta). On my way back to Portugal, I am thinking to stop for a couple of days in Andorra. To meet the epic guys I have dealt with the last couple of months :)

View attachment 70271
I have owned 2 Commencal bikes in the US and the customer service has been great. The problem with Pinkbike at times, is only the complainers tend to post comments.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Took about an hour to replace this guy. I hate how you have to remove the chainring to remove the motor. And my E*13 chainring needs a special tool to remove. (Maybe all chainrings for EP8 need it?) Also don’t like how the plastic skid plate covers some of the motor mounts. Two of mine were finger tight, and I never would have known because I cannot see them or access them without removing other parts.
6FEA0906-5956-4036-A61D-EDCDE45057FF.jpeg

Why does Commencal love to use teeny tiny bolts?
67E69368-7424-4A6C-AAD5-C6D5906F1478.jpeg

Getting the motor out of the frame was not easy. Got out the rubber mallet and still no luck. Had to pull out a moto tire lever and pry from the bottom. Lol. The charging port cable was looped and shoved up the seat tube. Other cables were a mess compared to other ebikes I’ve seen. Remember to unplug your power cable before yanking the motor out, I speak from experience. Lol

8ECD9F41-3615-4FAE-9E7C-CF06B192EA95.jpeg

New cable installed and and ready to go. All bolts installed with loc-tite especially the torque cap on the cranks.
6614178A-BD69-4ECE-A9D1-1F7A49ECEEF4.jpeg

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
Awesome - thx for the pics. I’m gonna check my motor mounts. Noticed a little creak when I start to put the power down. That tool to remove cranks is specific to Shimano motors I believe, not e13 specifically. Glad you got it sorted!

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Check your seat clamps! I was riding my MetaPower (Signature) today down a fast sweeper when I heard a loud metal CLANG. I thought Wtf was that? Well I Iooked back to see my seat and both clamps sitting in the middle of the trail! Damn thing just popped off. Luckily (!!) I was up on the pedals at the time, coming down hard on the bare seat post would NOT BE GOOD. Holy crap.

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

Doesnt this top clamp look too small? Severe angle needed for the front screw to fit, which I think is why the seat popped off in the middle of a ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles