average support level - specialized app

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
I was wondering if anybody can explain the average support level percentage on mission control app? A search found a similar question here last January but I don't think in my non-mathematical mind that a defining answer came out. The user guide does not address it. I suspect it is some magical combination of my effort and the motors but was hoping for something a bit more specific. I've started looking at the app a little closer now trying to see differences from challenging rides and easier ones. Certainly the battery level tells the difference but in my mind not the k/cals burned and this average support level. For example, a very challenging, steep terrain ride New Year's eve provided 170 percent support and today's easy country road pedal was 163% and the k/cal's per mile avg not much different either as opposed to the actual efforts I felt were put in. Both rides were entirely in eco set at 20/25. Probably no reason to care but old runners who have kept decades of running logs seem to need to feed that habit now that biking has taken over.

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
Not sure if this helps or if it's the one you've read .. concentrate on the replies from spesh rider care.

Understanding Support vs Peak Power in Mission Control App v2.0 - EMTB Forums
hey, thanks for this link, the one I looked at was from January 2019, phew, now I remember why I had such a bad attitude in math class back in the day, I will save the wondering about how the k/cal is measured in app for another day and happily head out for a Saturday ride, can't get enough of riding the levo as the better half reminds me about the increasing chore list not getting done

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles