Average e-biker age?

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Can't see a thread on this so thought I'd start one!
Me, 63, in the Alps, been riding MTB for 31 years, e-bike for 3 years now, still got a clockwork bike for the park and road rides!
Out here (Serre Chevalier, France) seems like all ages are on e-bikes, from 10-80 years old! At first I thought "what are these young'uns doing on an e-bike", but then realised at least it's getting them out on 2 wheels!

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
42 and still waiting for my first eMTB which is on order but probably will not be here before the snow, so looking at first proper rides on it next spring.

Rode a lot of MTB back in the mid to late 90's in my late teens & early 20's

long hiatus until I picked up a great deal on my Scott spark a couple of years ago. Ridden a lot of friends e-bikes as well past 2 seasons, mainly Haibikes and some lesser known more local brands and finally gave in...

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Just turned 49, barely any biking experience since about the age of 15, amd certainly no mountain biking (unless you count my raleigh striker going over a few mud bumps at age 11)

Turbo levo should be collected on thursday and hoping to grow into it over time.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
40 year old officially
70 year broken body old (back injury)
15 year old mind
BMX into my teens
Mountain biking started again in my 30s
Ebikes for the last year.
I keep my Specialized Big Hit on the wall for memories.
I sold my old climber just recently.
I see no reason to pedal under my own power ever again.
I love my ebike way too much, it does everything I need it to do and more.
Riding a non motored bike feels like a baby’s toy to me now.
6CF15938-95A4-4299-96AA-9341797D496E.jpeg

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Started with MTB’s at 24 years old 20 years ago for about 5 years then stopped until I was age 41,got back into it then broke t5 vertebrae and ribs 18 months ago, I got back riding after 12 weeks but I’ve suffered ear ache and vertigo ever since,docs cant find out why but I do know that if I keep my heart rate under 160 I can cheat the vertigo kicking in hence at 45 I will hopefully own my first emtb?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
broke t5 vertebrae and ribs 18 months ago, I got back riding after 12 weeks but I’ve suffered ear ache and vertigo ever since,docs cant find out why but I do know that if I keep my heart rate under 160 I can cheat the vertigo kicking in hence at 45 I will hopefully own my first emtb?
Did you hit your head in the accident?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I'm 61 - started on MTB 20 years ago - well, all cycling really. Had one as a kid but after we moved to the farm I had tractors and motorcycles to ride so the bicycle was give to a relative.
Started fun club racing shortly after I started MTB and got into 12 & 24hr team events before I ran a couple solo races.
Raced the world SS champs in 2010 and finished around 250sh out of about 1200 riders with many not being allowed to start the second lap due to time. Did the 2017 version and got my ass handed to me - I think DFL equal :cry: Of course, WSS is pretty damned social racing.
Been on a ebike since August last year when my LBS was advised my bike would not arrive until late October they loaned me a bike for a couple months.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Can't see a thread on this so thought I'd start one!
Me, 63, in the Alps, been riding MTB for 31 years, e-bike for 3 years now, still got a clockwork bike for the park and road rides!
Out here (Serre Chevalier, France) seems like all ages are on e-bikes, from 10-80 years old! At first I thought "what are these young'uns doing on an e-bike", but then realised at least it's getting them out on 2 wheels!

62 years old got my eBike last year after riding MTB for 35 years; 20 years of riding rigid fork and front suspension took its toll. Haven’t ridden my CX bike or MTB except around the neighborhood since I got my SDURO.

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
I'm 48 for the next 3 weeks and at the same time should hopefully get my first emtb ? riding mtb since about 1988 with a muddy fox courier ? had some lazy non riding times in between but finding an ebike is putting the fun back in to slogging up mountains here in the Lake District ⛰️???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles