Hope, any good or average and overhyped??

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I’ve had Hope stuff for years, never had any issues at all.

I’ve just put the new E4’s on the Levo.

597ec2d6-9ef7-49e6-98f5-1c22a3b9ff8c.jpeg
126c624b-c1ee-42e7-9752-ee5547b23493.jpeg
f438aa66-def3-4807-96c9-d6282c2b7b2a.jpeg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Here on the East Coast of the Troubled States of America I stopped upgrading with Hope brakes, even thought they performed very well, because parts replacement were very difficult to get.

Funnily enough, that is the main attraction of hope over shimano

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
Hope stuff is great.

Well engineered, reliable and always does what it says on the tin. I've had hubs, QRs, pedals, brakes and stems.

If they have have want I need and I can afford it, I'd buy it every time.
Bergtec Mk 5 pedals have more grip, are lighter, have less bulk than the Hope pedals. And they are slightly cheaper, fully serviceable, and they're UK made.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Brakes are super powerful, very easy to bleed (unlike Magura) and the levers don't explode upon impact (unlike Magura), the seals don't blow during a crash (unlike Magura) and you can get spare parts and rebuild parts (unlike Magura).

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I've had very good results with their bearings. Every set of Tech 3 V or E 4s I've used have been absolute crap. The new ones certainly seem to have much better performance, although the reliability is still questionable based on my group of pals.

EFMAX

Apr 13, 2023
UK
I was killing some time today and ended up looking at Hope gear for the emtb. I don’t have anything from Hope, and I actually don’t know or ride with anyone that has anything by Hope on their mtb.
So my question is….
Is Hope stuff as great as its marketing suggests, or is it fairly average but overhyped?
Don’t shoot me guys, genuine question from a Hope virgin
For me, I have had zero issues with the stuff I have purchased under the Hope umbrella. My current (new) e-mtb has been built around tried and tested old hope components.. I have their Pro Hubs laced to a set of decent ICAN 65mm carbon rims. In the past I had their cranks, headsets, stems, head-doctor, and their massive M6 brakes upfront and M4 on the rear running 225mm & 205mm Hope rotors.. most of the stuff I have is a good ten years old but I have never ever had an issues. If you look closely at their components, you can see that their stuff is really well made.. As always, most companies will experience some stuff that goes wrong but if you are in the Hope or Chris King arena, you are probably chasing their reputation as much as anything else.

20230602_134802.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles