Average e-biker age?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
64 ... Started Mtb 30 years ago. 11 years ago had a heart transplant, big reduction in air. So Ebike got me back on the trails again. also enjoy building my own ebike. 27.5 TI frame 2.4 tires with the Bafang g510 motor. View attachment 19693
Hi Yonkk. Nice bike!

I'm glad your transplant went well and are riding again. You remind me of my older brother who lives overseas. You see, I had actually stopped riding altogether up until my brother started mountain biking recently - after major heart surgery (valve replacement). Unbeknown to everyone, he bought himself a MTB before his operation, but kept it hidden in a closet. He then promised himself that he would ride that bike - apparently it was the last thing he was thinking of when the anaesthesiologist put him to sleep. Here's the thing - last time my brother rode a bike, we were in grade-school! Long story short, we started corresponding and chatting about bikes, riding techniques, gear, set-ups... he had a lot to catch up on, and wanted to learn everything. His drive and passion was contagious and rubbed-off on me. Because of him (and eBikes), I started riding again.

By the way, I build bikes too. PM me if you want to chat bike-builds in private.

tp_reading

Jun 25, 2019
Berkshire
Completed the Palace to Palace ride yesterday for charity. Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle. 45 miles in 3h 37mins. Still 3 lights showing on the controller. I’m 71 in January. Did it together with my son on his clockwork bike, he couldn’t keep up on some of the steep hills ?
29408330-A735-4406-99AD-85F7C302FFDE.jpeg

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
48 years riding MTB for 23 yrs. Rode woods track dirt bikes for about 8 yrs, then kids came and free time went, emtb allows me to double my seat time close to home plus makes the most average undulating trails new again. 1.5 months riding a Decoy, 600 miles so far and haven't really touched my Tracer since.

Fun factor is through the roof!

skyfree

Aug 31, 2018
Fremont, CA USA
I'm 44,was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago, bought a Rockhopper to lose weight, loved it, wanted to explore more, since then I've bought 2 levos, now I'm off medication after losing 45kg, the doctor said I'm the first patient he's ever taken off type 2 diabetes medication in his career, everyone leaves his office in a panic after being diagnosed promising to turn their life around but none ever did.

That is amazing, I've never heard of that either. I'm Type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump with CGM and the eMTB makes it easier to get out there without bonking on the lows. I still need to cut my insulin by about 50% when I'm riding though!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That is amazing, I've never heard of that either. I'm Type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump with CGM and the eMTB makes it easier to get out there without bonking on the lows. I still need to cut my insulin by about 50% when I'm riding though!
My grandson is 12 and got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes less than 12 months ago. After the initial panic and some despair (why me!), he sorted himself out and now he still plays rugby, goes swimming, pulls wheelies outside the house, and goes mountain biking with his granddad. :love:

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Me 44, riding e-mtb since 2017, and absolutely loving it (after neglecting them for a while - which only lasted until the first testride). Still ride my unmotorized mtb especially when out in the alps or bikeparks with my oldschool biker friends - which will all get an e-mtb as soon they have the bucks available :cool:

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Human skeleton is replaced every 10 years or so. Liver 300-500 days. Red blood cells replaced every 120 days. "I think some of my socks are older than I am!"

Reference YouTube search: QI / How Old Are You?

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I'm on the younger end of the scale having just turned 30.

I used to race moto as teenager and rode XC for training. I got into competitive powerlifting and bodybuilding during my 20's and grew to a lean(ish) 130kg by the time I gave it up for health reasons. I took back to mountain biking 2 years ago when I bought a Trek Remedy on a whim. I was constantly struggling with endurance from carrying excessive muscle. I gased out on every ride and my legs would 'pump' up so tight I couldn't physically move them. I took to the EMTB a year ago and am doing much better. My legs are slowly getting smaller and being on the EMTB has helped with general 'bike fitness'. To be honest, I can picture myself going back to a 'normal' MTB at some point or combo of the 2.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I was constantly struggling with endurance from carrying excessive muscle. I gased out on every ride and my legs would 'pump' up so tight I couldn't physically move them.
When I was a 16yo budding pro racer on the SoCal MX circuit in the mid 70's I was encouraged to really build up my legs to counter the lack of suspension. Was doing 5 sets of 10 @ 500lb on the leg press every session. Could stand for a 40 minute moto but was not conducive to the high intensity of the short night races. When I took up cycling in my 40's I found leg pump on extended climbs something that turned me off riding some of my favorite tracks when the shuttles were no running. Now, I do multiple runs.

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
31, just got my first eMTB, wouldn't be without one now. I ride mainly for fun in the evenings and I find I go out a lot more often as I can cover my usual 10 miles in about half the time. Not rode either of my normal bikes since, however I will do when the weather gets worse as it doesn't seem fair to plug my eMTB with mud and water daily.

Went out today in a torrential downpour, worst I've ever ridden in and it survived though, however I can only just feel my feet now ?

Funky Bolly

Nov 10, 2018
Newport wales
I'm nearly 56 only been mtbing since 2006 gotta analog Specialized enduro mostly for down hill type trails ( Cwmcarn rules ) but this July bought a Kenevo and WOW ! Fantastic super fun and climbing easypeasey it's changed my whole adventure with the mountains it's rewound my life at least 20 years

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles