Alternative Remote - Bosch

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
Does anyone know if I can replace the LED remote with this? I don’t want to lose the ability to flip through screens if I tuck the LED remote into the frame and running the mini remote. Also having to open the battery door just to turn on the bike.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No.....its Bosch Gen2...........only bosch Smart System components will work on a Bosch Smart System bike which I assume yours is since you have the LED Remote.

andybobbill

Aug 9, 2023
UK
I have been on your journey. After much painful experimentation, the only way was to buy a System Controller and a Mini Remote, the SC replacing the LED Remote and hidden in the frame.

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
You could lose the LED remote and Kiox and try a Purion 200?

Still the same size and i like the screen for data but thank you for the recommendation.

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
I have been on your journey. After much painful experimentation, the only way was to buy a System Controller and a Mini Remote, the SC replacing the LED Remote and hidden in the frame.

Do you have any photos of your setup? Is the controller a direct swap? No need to have to bring into a Bosch dealer or anything like that?

My e-bar from OneUp just arrived so I want to plan this out best as I can so I’m not doing it multiple times.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have changed a led remote controller on a smart system bike which amounts to the same thing I would think. It just means starting from scratch with the Flow app to connect to the new controller .

andybobbill

Aug 9, 2023
UK
Check the post I linked above for pics. Yeah it’s a straight swap, just need to delete from the app before you connect the new one.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Here’s the purion200 up against the led remote

IMG_1325.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg IMG_1327.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles