Bosch Mini Remote eating batteries

mudpup

Jan 18, 2024
England
Just picked up my new bike equipped with a Bosch Mini Remote and have completed 3 rides of about 20 miles each. The Mini Remote seems to be eating its battery - I've just had to replace it today. It was at 31% after the second ride and dropped to 9% on the 3rd ride. Anyone else had this or any pointers to what it may be?

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
I just ordered one so I can tuck away the giant controller into the frame. I'll let you know if I come across your issue.

map Leeds

Mar 26, 2024
leeds
Did you ever find out what the problem was as I’m having the same issue 3 battery’s replaced within 170 mile of use on a rail 9.8 axs

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The mini remote communicates with the controller via blutooth which should mean the battery is only in use for the very short periods of time a button is pressed...and should last years! I would therefore assume either water has got into it and it is permanently transmitting, a button is stuck down, or it is simply a faulty unit. You could try removing it and leaving it in an airing cupboard..perhaps on a bed of rice in a plastic container for a day or so..............or alternatively getting it changed out for a new one.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
If the battery drain completly, disconecting from ebike, motor will stop working and a error will appear.
It seems you have a faulty miniremote

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
…perhaps on a bed of rice in a plastic container for a day or so..............or alternatively getting it changed out for a new one.
Soooo, no need to do this then?

IMG_7547.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If the battery drain completly, disconecting from ebike, motor will stop working and a error will appear.
It seems you have a faulty miniremote
no...the mini remote is merely a means to communicate with the controller remotely. If it stops working it would have no impact on the controller but would not communicate with it. you can still use the controller to change modes etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles