Bosch Mini Remote compatibility

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Also interested in this... Would have thought buying into the smart system would allow some ability to retrofit new upgrades. Unfortunately it's looking like you are only going to get the new toys by buying a new bike.

Dozer

Oct 13, 2022
Norway
My understanding is that it is required to have the System Controller to be able to use the Mini Remote. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the System Controller on a bike delivered with the LED Remote. I would think they are compatible as they are both a part of the Smart System?
It would need a solution for placement of the System Controller, but that could be 3D printed.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I would suspect that the mini remote only works with the top tube display as the electronics need to go somewhere. Though I might be wrong.
That's exactly how I also understand it.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
The info on this site seems like the mini remote should be compatible with the Smart System: Bosch Mini Remote control unit for Smart System

I'm assuming bluetooth is available for Smart System bikes so it can communicate with the eBike Flow app?
Sadly your wrong. This has been covered before, on the link you posted the first line states

"The Mini Remote is an additional control panel for e-bikes with Bosch Smart System drive and the System Controller."

The MY22 bikes don't have the system controller nor Bluetooth to communicate. They are not retrofit-able either :(

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The info on this site seems like the mini remote should be compatible with the Smart System: Bosch Mini Remote control unit for Smart System

I'm assuming bluetooth is available for Smart System bikes so it can communicate with the eBike Flow app?
yes it is part of the Bosch Smart System but it is only a switch and needs to work with its designated controller. That controller is designed to fit in the top tube so you would need also to buy that controller and find a way to fit it to the bike. You would also need to delete your pairing to the existing LED Remote and then pair to the new controller ( you can only pair Flow to one bike...and the bike is defined by the controller.......so change the controller and it is in effect a different bike.

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
Yes, but I believe Bosch has locked down the mini remote to only work with the system controller
I don’t doubt that. But Bluetooth functionality is there even with my “old” Series 4 2020/21 trek rail. There are some clever folk out there (not me by the way) I’m surprised no one has created something after market as yet….maybe one day 🤞🙏

ManoBo

Feb 20, 2023
Trenčín, Slovakia, EU
I wonder if it is possible to replace the cumbersome LED Remote with the new Mini Remote? Or is it required to have the "System Controller" installed?
Hi mate , today i conected mini remote to LED Remote over Flow app , all is ok.
6488D7EA-A937-4982-8D7F-3B597A8A7419.jpeg

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
That's cool. I'm trying to get rid of all the clutter. Can you put the led wired remote in the frame and just use the mini without the ungodly kiox? So the the only thing visible is my mini remote?

ManoBo

Feb 20, 2023
Trenčín, Slovakia, EU
That's cool. I'm trying to get rid of all the clutter. Can you put the led wired remote in the frame and just use the mini without the ungodly kiox? So the the only thing visible is my mini

The LED remote uses power on, when you put it in the frame, you don't have to turn on the ebike. I only have the 1st day of experience, so I can't answer all the questions yet. so far, I have covered more than 3000 km in 13 months

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If the Mini Remote is communicating with the LED Remote via blutooth that would likely not work with the LED Remote inside the frame ( and not sure how you would get it in there anyway!!!).
Not sure what has been gained here. The LED Remote is still needed as the system controller so has to be retained and there are few places it can be positioned other than on the bars.

ManoBo

Feb 20, 2023
Trenčín, Slovakia, EU
If the Mini Remote is communicating with the LED Remote via blutooth that would likely not work with the LED Remote inside the frame ( and not sure how you would get it in there anyway!!!).
Not sure what has been gained here. The LED Remote is still needed as the system controller so has to be retained and there are few places it can be positioned other than on the bars.
my intention was to get ergonomic control, which the LED remote carried, the proximity of the brake and the seatpost control did not make it possible. in the future I want to change the control remote to a mini remote.
placing the led in the frame is possible, there is a place near the battery, so at least in my Cube🚴🏾‍♂️😄

Last edited:

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
I would think the blue tooth could easily communicate through the frame. I'd put it above my battery. There is plenty of room in my bike. But, alas, no power button access.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles