All New 2023 Orbea Wild

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Please post pics. This thread needs a lot more! It helps us poor souls who are still waiting for our deliveries (probably makes waiting worse, but whatever...) :p

The motor noise does sound very concerning.
Are you referring to the "normal" noise or rattling? (or both)
Here you go…

E4C7E786-432D-47D0-85BA-A71396B6C5FC.jpeg 75F898A8-8AB7-41F9-B9FD-8B7AC2F6C7A8.jpeg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
On my levo there wasn't a single eletronic component that didn't brake, a part from control. Last one was the battery (out of warranty). Beside that the wild rides much better, I'm never going to buy a specialized ever again.
That's what a a lot of former customers have said about Orbea and their slow, or lack of warranty response, so there's always that. No one bike or motor manufacturer will be perfect, but at least Specialized has has more than enough practice and is an expert in most cases at getting the customer back on their bikes ASAP. Then again, looks like you're the rare few, because Specialized Levo's are everywhere and still going strong!

Last edited:

goiner

Apr 18, 2023
Shoreline
I have the orbea wild 2023 team modified to xtr disc, fox 38, kios 300 and 750 watt battery. It is a remarkably smooth ride with nice power supply when rpm greater than 65-70.
This is the best bike I have owned, previously orbea rise m 20, pivot mach 4 and turner 5 spot.
I weigh 165# and 5'10" riding medium cosmic carbon.
My only concerns were several issues with build and orbea is non responsive in customer service.
Dropper post cable was crushed. Scratched to alu on stem, seat post insert scratched, non functional battery switching on and off due to cable routing malposition hitting battery on/off switch.
The finish of the bike looks wrong to me but no response from orbea.

A great ride x 3 now but I would not buy from orbea again based on service.
Avoid orbea.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I have the orbea wild 2023 team modified to xtr disc, fox 38, kios 300 and 750 watt battery. It is a remarkably smooth ride with nice power supply when rpm greater than 65-70.
This is the best bike I have owned, previously orbea rise m 20, pivot mach 4 and turner 5 spot.
My only concerns were several issues with build and orbea is non responsive in customer service.
Dropper post cable was crushed. Scratched to alu on stem, seat post insert scratched, non functional battery switching on and off due to cable routing malposition hitting battery on/off switch.

Avoid orbea.
I've emailed them probably seven or eight times regarding various things and each time I've had a reply within 24/48 hours.

The quality of my bike when it arrived was not great but it's been replaced and I was compensated for the inconvenience.

I cannot fault their customer service this far 👍🏻

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall

Avoid orbea.
Thanks for the reply......your comments are a bit worrying tho......hope that you manage to sort all of your issues and I'm praying that your bad experience with Orbea is a "one off"......still not received mine yet (due 2nd may 2023).

cousin jack

Oct 30, 2019
cornwall
I've emailed them probably seven or eight times regarding various things and each time I've had a reply within 24/48 hours.

The quality of my bike when it arrived was not great but it's been replaced and I was compensated for the inconvenience.

I cannot fault their customer service this far 👍🏻
thanks for your input on this thread, and it's nice to hear that Orbea have been responsive and "played ball"....i'm hoping I won't need to contact them at all when I eventually receive mine.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
I called multiple times pre order to Orbea USA and they picked up or called back every time. Mines due in 5/5/23 so we will see. Good luck with your issues OP

goiner

Apr 18, 2023
Shoreline
Still no response from customer service however I did speak with a buddy who is composite engineer who says this carbon bike is supposed to have that look but it was just a sloppy job.

Oh well, it rides wonderfully.

goiner

Apr 18, 2023
Shoreline
Thanks for the reply......your comments are a bit worrying tho......hope that you manage to sort all of your issues and I'm praying that your bad experience with Orbea is a "one off"......still not received mine yet (due 2nd may 2023).
I did buy the rise 20 2 years ago without issue and it is great.

The wild 2023 is just a wonderful bike even with the blems.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
So it is finally here, but with very disappointing paint job and horror able sound inside the frame. so sad, also for this price tag.

View attachment 112399 View attachment 112400 View attachment 112401 View attachment 112402 View attachment 112403 View attachment 112404 View attachment 112405 View attachment 112406 View attachment 112407 View attachment 112408
Wow that’s so disappointing. Orbea needs to fire their quality control team. These are beautiful bikes but they are damaging their reputation by letting these leave the factory. I mean, this is inexcusable. I now feel fortunate that mine is not affected.
Come on Orbea! WTF. These are $$$ and this should not be acceptable.
Sorry you have to deal with this, OP.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
So it is finally here, but with very disappointing paint job and horror able sound inside the frame. so sad, also for this price tag.

View attachment 112399 View attachment 112400 View attachment 112401 View attachment 112402 View attachment 112403 View attachment 112404 View attachment 112405 View attachment 112406 View attachment 112407 View attachment 112408
Maan.... That is truly awful! Mine went back as soon as it arrived as there were several obvious defects on the paintwork reported by my dealer. I dread to think if there were anymore had I actually got hold of the bike and taken a better look.

My replacement is due very soon so a wait of around five weeks for the warranty replacement. If there are issues I'll be returning the bike and going elsewhere.

Hopefully not as I still see the 23 Wild as a damn fine looking emtb

FFM

Feb 27, 2023
Germany
Maan.... That is truly awful! Mine went back as soon as it arrived as there were several obvious defects on the paintwork reported by my dealer. I dread to think if there were anymore had I actually got hold of the bike and taken a better look.

My replacement is due very soon so a wait of around five weeks for the warranty replacement. If there are issues I'll be returning the bike and going elsewhere.

Hopefully not as I still see the 23 Wild as a damn fine looking emtb
it is wild :cry:

my dealer did not check it correctly. also very bad service of them. so glad that i am not sold my old bike.

FFM

Feb 27, 2023
Germany
Yesterday i went to the bike shop and checked all the in stock wilds. really every wild was in an horror able finish - but the rise models looks good, it seems that orbea have quality problems on the wild.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Yesterday i went to the bike shop and checked all the in stock wilds. really every wild was in an horror able finish - but the rise models looks good, it seems that orbea have quality problems on the wild.
Doesn't sound much different to the trek fuel exe. A lot of people are reporting paint problems on those too. Not good for either brand.

I've got the old wild FS carbon and the paint is perfect on it

D

Deleted member 7401

How in the world does qc ship something like that out?

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
How in the world does qc ship something like that out?
Remember Orbea has sent out bike packaged to shop they have opened box built & checked it then re boxed it so damage can be because shop didn’t pack it well enough. I emailed shop I bought from for my Rise saying I didn’t want them to open box & send onto me as am a Cytech mechanic & was building it myself. It came very well packed from Orbea.

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Remember Orbea has sent out bike packaged to shop they have opened box built & checked it then re boxed it so damage can be because shop didn’t pack it well enough. I emailed shop I bought from for my Rise saying I didn’t want them to open box & send onto me as am a Cytech mechanic & was building it myself. It came very well packed from Orbea.
I don't buy it.
Repacking a new bike in another box won't cause paint runs or bubbles.
Similarly unless the repackaged box was full of rocks too I don't see how any packaging would cause damage to hard to get at areas like those shown in the pics around the bearings.

I think this is simply a decision by Orbea to ignore QC and ship bikes as fast as possible no matter what.

Batts

Apr 25, 2023
USA NY
Haha, my dealer told me that all is fine with the bike. Thank you for nothing.
I take care of my bikes but ride the crap out of them. I can live with paint scuffs as long as it was done having fun. Not by either poor workmanship or bad packing.

I just want the bike too, I don't want to reject it and wait another 8 weeks or more to get it back.

They should offer a sales concession so the dealer doesn't have to lose out and figure the cost to ship it back and forth and re-paint and rebuild and offer that amount of money to the buyer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles