Orbea Wild 2023 details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
got the info, seen de pics… This bike is going to rock. Not going to post any pic guys. Very streamlined, more angular with a very slim top tube (Mondraker style)

Weight: 21 kg LTD model
Geo: HT angle: 64
Reach: 480 size L
rear center: 448 mm
Bb drop: 25 mm
Seat tube angle: 77.5

Bosch Smart System, 750 Wh. Battery level, mode on the top tube (Levo style)
Non removable battery

I’m not associated with Orbea, just a plain guy with good info.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
got the info, seen de pics… This bike is going to rock. Not going to post any pic guys. Very streamlined, more angular with a very slim top tube (Mondraker style)

Non removable battery

The shop I work at is an Orbea dealer, I haven't seen the pictures yet but have head the same info as you. I think it was mentioned that it'll have a little more suspension travel too.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
I understand the ltd model will come with 625wh to be sub 21 kg and should come with the Race motor.
Also heard battery is not removable .

This bike looks like the first of a new generation of "full" ebikes with emphasis on weight and integration optimisation (non removal batterty,no screen or big controller,light and slim carbon frame...) .Only other bike that's on the same level looks like Unno's Mith...

Last edited:

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne

Non removable battery

Sounds awesome but not having the possibility to remove this big battery like you can for the Levo or Canyon Spectral ON would be a minus in my opinion.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Sounds awesome but not having the possibility to remove this big battery like you can for the Levo or Canyon Spectral ON would be a minus in my opinion.

Without too many details I would be willing to bet the battery will be removable from the bottom. You will probably unbolt a plate or cover and slide the battery out of the bottom.

Which would be a plus in my opinion, losing the keyed lock mechanism would probably take 1-2lbs off of the bike.

Last edited:

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne
Without too much details I would be willing to bet the battery will be removable from the bottom. You will probably unbolt a plate or cover and slide the battery out of the bottom.

Which would be a plus in my opinion, losing keyed lock mechanism would probably take 1-2lbs off of the bike.
That would be great. If it's like that and it looks anything like the Simplon RAPCON PMAX CX then I'm sold :D

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Should be coming out VERY soon .
Battery will not be removable from my undesrtanding.
I guess when you want to get to +-21kg with a bosch system you just cant afford to have an opening with the added weight involved.

Renton

Aug 4, 2021
Droitwich
If the bike was based on this years Rallon they would sell boot loads of them !!

I liked my Wild and the way it rode. It needed to be a bit longer and shorter seat tube to be perfect.

What I didnt like was the quality of the alloy frame, to many issues with rear ends snapping and orbeas warranty handling was awful.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
If the bike was based on this years Rallon they would sell boot loads of them !!

I liked my Wild and the way it rode. It needed to be a bit longer and shorter seat tube to be perfect.

What I didnt like was the quality of the alloy frame, to many issues with rear ends snapping and orbeas warranty handling was awful.

Well there is a reason why they don't offer a alloy Rallon.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado

Non removable battery

Very interesting.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I'm an M-Team kinda guy myself can't wait to see it... Was going to try to get a current Wild, but will just hold out now!

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
M-Team models will have the 750wh battery and and M-LTD's will have 625wh.

The stock colours will be Halo Silver-Tanzanite Carbon View (Matt) or Cosmic Carbon View (Matt-Gloss)

Blurin

Nov 5, 2022
Bay Area
M-Team models will have the 750wh battery and and M-LTD's will have 625wh.

The stock colours will be Halo Silver-Tanzanite Carbon View (Matt) or Cosmic Carbon View (Matt-Gloss)
Great!
Thanks!
Will the wild M-Team will have the same geometry as the LTD?

Do you know the price on the M-Team?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Great!
Thanks!
Will the wild M-Team will have the same geometry as the LTD?

Do you know the price on the M-Team?

I have no reason to believe it won't be the exact same frame, can't see Orbea having two different frame designs for the Wild FS. No I haven't seen any official pricing yet. I think all of the will be released next week.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Hopefully it will continue to support dual battery configurations. I'm surprised that it's so rare on FF bikes.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Hopefully it will continue to support dual battery configurations. I'm surprised that it's so rare on FF bikes.

I haven’t seen any mention of it having it or not.

I can say of the dozen Wild’s we sold this year no one asked about getting one. I think with a 750wh battery people would be even less likely to get one.

Obviously that just my observation.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
5B752B5F-CFB0-439E-9117-8C87D830EBAC.jpeg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles