2023 Orbea Wild M10 Mullet

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Has anyone successfully run mullet? I know it's not made for it and more pedal strikes but I want to try as I already cracked my stock Orbea rear rim. Do I just move the rim magnet to the 27.5 and ride on or is there some changed needed in the app.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway

I think only certified Bosch-dealers can change the wheel circumference in the app. If you don't have someone fix that for you, the bike will think youre going faster than you actually do -> assistance speed limit will drop.

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento

I think only certified Bosch-dealers can change the wheel circumference in the app. If you don't have someone fix that for you, the bike will think youre going faster than you actually do -> assistance speed limit will drop.
Thanks - Need to find a way to translate to English but it appears he enjoyed the mullet. With the new software update you can change just about anything using the flow app. I've added auto mode which I like better than EMTB. My current wheel circumference in the flow app ride shows appr. 90.1". I think I just need to figure out what the circumference will be with a 27.5 x 2.6 and input to make speed correct.

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Thanks - Need to find a way to translate to English but it appears he enjoyed the mullet. With the new software update you can change just about anything using the flow app. I've added auto mode which I like better than EMTB. My current wheel circumference in the flow app ride shows appr. 90.1". I think I just need to figure out what the circumference will be with a 27.5 x 2.6 and input to make speed correct.
Mullet mode activated - changed wheel circumference in flow app to match 27.5x 2.6. Rode mostly dh bike park stuff with jumps dnd drops - no problem - easy to get along with. Needs a proper tip through rocky tech but I suspect 180 up front plus 27.5 x 2.6 helped reduce - eliminate pedal strikes - I did have tj change some damping

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Interesting. I did not know you could change the wheel circumference. Ii I remember correctly, the option was "greyed out" when I tried some time ago.

Do you think the frame would allow a longer shock?

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Interesting. I did not know you could change the wheel circumference. Ii I remember correctly, the option was "greyed out" when I tried some time ago.

Do you think the frame would allow a longer shock?
It was grayed out until I did the latest software update.
Not sure about longer stock - Maybe now that I’m running mullet but it imo the fox x2 at 160 feels almost bottomless in recent 5’ drops. - need more testing in mullet but I really like full 29

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles