2023 Orbea wild rattle

dazzagreener

Apr 4, 2023
North Devon
Hi All recently picked up my M10 wild and the thing is great. Only ridden it twice first time some hard trails which it excelled on but today I took it for a ride around some local trails mainly bridleways and noticed it was rattlering very loud on loose terain even get the rattle when climbing a bumpy track.
Any one had this issue or have any idea where it might be coming from. Really differcult to pin point the area

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
In order to stay under warranty, take it back to your LBS and have them go over it. Maybe make a video of the noise for the mechanic

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Hi All recently picked up my M10 wild and the thing is great. Only ridden it twice first time some hard trails which it excelled on but today I took it for a ride around some local trails mainly bridleways and noticed it was rattlering very loud on loose terain even get the rattle when climbing a bumpy track.
Any one had this issue or have any idea where it might be coming from. Really differcult to pin point the area
Strange for sure. The only rattle I hear is from my XT finned pads. I’ll be replacing them with Galfer purple when the time comes.

eDirt

Nov 2, 2022
USA
Do a bolt torque check. When mine started to rattle after a couple rides I found that the crank bolts were so loose they were ready to fall out. Nothing to do with the motor but it sounded like it was coming from there.

marshyrob

May 23, 2023
Camberley
i get a kind of plastic vibration noise when peddling along on flat at times, very strange i can only put it down to the plastic cogs internally making some sort of vibration. Its my first Ebike so not sure if its normal motor noises or something a bit funky. Rattling only seems to happen for me on the bumpy stuff but its not too bad, i also agree with BermJunky think the finned Shimano pads might be contributing a little as they used to do this on my analogue bike, seem a little more secure than they used to be a few years ago. i hate any noise on my bikes so really having to get used to the rattle and radio controlled car that is the motor noise, im getting there.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
i get a kind of plastic vibration noise when peddling along on flat at times, very strange i can only put it down to the plastic cogs internally making some sort of vibration. Its my first Ebike so not sure if its normal motor noises or something a bit funky. Rattling only seems to happen for me on the bumpy stuff but its not too bad, i also agree with BermJunky think the finned Shimano pads might be contributing a little as they used to do this on my analogue bike, seem a little more secure than they used to be a few years ago. i hate any noise on my bikes so really having to get used to the rattle and radio controlled car that is the motor noise, im getting there.
Hahaha totally the RC sound!

dazzagreener

Apr 4, 2023
North Devon
Do a bolt torque check. When mine started to rattle after a couple rides I found that the crank bolts were so loose they were ready to fall out. Nothing to do with the motor but it sounded like it was coming from there.
Managed to clean the bike today and do a bolt check before phoning the shop. Found the rear caliper very loose. All done up and checked everything else all good now.
Just got the generic bosch motor rattle now 👍👍

schleprx7

Aug 7, 2020
SF Bay Area
I've notice a few rattling sounds. One definitely sounds like the rear brake hose rattling around between the top tube and battery.

The other noise is due to the rear brake cable being too long and the zip tie on the inside of the chain stay is too weak to keep the rear brake hose from rubbing on the rear spokes. The addition of a larger zip tie has temporarily fixed this issue.
IMG_0736.jpg

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
I've notice a few rattling sounds. One definitely sounds like the rear brake hose rattling around between the top tube and battery.

The other noise is due to the rear brake cable being too long and the zip tie on the inside of the chain stay is too weak to keep the rear brake hose from rubbing on the rear spokes. The addition of a larger zip tie has temporarily fixed this issue. View attachment 119485
Same rear brake issue here. I’ve also used a zip tie until I can deal with that properly.
My only rattle is the finned XT pads. Have some purple Galfer pads coming.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles