All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Roundbadge

Jan 9, 2022
Los Angeles
I'm currently on a '22 gen 3 levo medium and interested in a longer travel bike.
I was just reading the Vital mtb review of the 2023 wild fs M-LTD.
the reviewer who is my same height [5"9"] said he had issues riding the medium even after the Orbea factory mechanics tweaked the suspension, stack height etc.
he said he felt too far forward over the front possibly because of the short chain stay ..even after the mechanics tweaked it he felt unbalanced on a medium.too far forward.
the Orbea sizing chart puts me smack dab in the middle of a medium size
the vital reviewer on day two of testing ended up going to a large which seems to me too long reach/wheelbase wise.
the other interesting comment was the bike felt fairly stiff and fatiguing on long rides.
anyone have thoughts on this?
Rob did the bike feel balanced overall or did you have to pay more attention to position?

Last edited:

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
Orbea MTBs are stiffer, playful and poppy bikes. With this you get more efficiency and fun ride. I guess this it is all about compromises and what you as rider prefer.

Long, slack and comfortable will gain your confidence and feel nice on rough terrain, but could also for some riders fell sloppy and dull. With the powerful electric motors you will be less hit by the lack of efficiency with softer suspension.

With high efficiency you win races , but what do we care riding alone in the woods.

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Has anybody ordered one in the UK recently. If so where from and are there any discounts available? Any advice on delivery dates? Thanks

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Nice looking bike - can't figure out when they'll actually be available though...... Anyone know when we'll see these in the shops?

The shop I work at have a few on order, the first few are supposedly shipping in April. But we have a few that are showing shipping in August.

I’m going to place an order for a customized carbon one this week.

Last edited:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
How do you get the upgraded CX-R motor? Is it on only certain top of the line models?

Is is the motor a worthwhile upgrade?

The Orbea website is pretty awful if you're just trying to narrow down a few things.

Thanks

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
How do you get the upgraded CX-R motor? Is it on only certain top of the line models?

The Orbea website is pretty awful if you're just trying to narrow down a few things.

Thanks

The MyO configuration lets you change a variety of things depending on your base model.
The race motor however is ONLY available for the very top mode; M-LTD

I went for the M-Team (2nd top model) I really wanted to upgrade to the the race motor, but unfortunately it was not possible.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Thanks
The Race motor is provided in 500 units to certain companies. So it will always be limited edition within each supplier. No idea if this is to do with homologation targets.

Normally you choose if you want it. Most people won't. Yes, it's slightly lighter which is cool (but we don't know how, so this may result in reduced longevity). "Race" mode is quite aggressive, so unless you're a competent rider who already knows how to ride an EMTB you'll probably just trash your drivetrain or fall off lots with the extra over run and faster power input.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
I ordered an M team Silver Halo
170 fork,750 battery
Doing spoke X 310 carbon I9 hyrda wheels,TRP brakes and coil shock.
Damn, I really wanted a custom M-Team in "Silver Halo".
I asked Orbea if I could set a note in a custom order to make it Silver Halo -> They said no; only for stock bikes. If I did any changes in the MyO I had to use the colors available there... :|

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Happy new year ✌️ Some sh**head stole my beloved M-Team and now I am about to configure my new M-Team. Was wondering for which colors you guys went? They have this color spectrum on their site but its difficult if you haven't seen the carbon ones in person. @Rob Rides EMTB Have you see some colors while you were with Orbea? Any recommendations?

:517 C
  • CARBON-RAW.png

CARBON RAW

:7 C
  • INFINITY-GREEN-CARBON-VIEW.png

INFINITY GREEN CARBON VIEW

:446 C
  • WINE-RED-CARBON-VIEW.png

WINE RED CARBON VIEW

:4975 C
  • BLUE-CARBON-VIEW.png

BLUE CARBON VIEW

:276 C
  • GALATIC-RAINBOW.png

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
the reviewer who is my same height [5"9"] said he had issues riding the medium even after the Orbea factory mechanics tweaked the suspension, stack height etc.
he said he felt too far forward over the front possibly because of the short chain stay ..even after the mechanics tweaked it he felt unbalanced on a medium.too far forward.
That's a bit strange, 455 reach, 448 chainstay (new Wild, size M) - nothing extreme (a lot of other ebikes have similar numbers)
could be that the tester was not very experienced and before was riding mainly on ebikes with extremely long CS (460-470) and short reach ?

Roundbadge

Jan 9, 2022
Los Angeles
That's a bit strange, 455 reach, 448 chainstay (new Wild, size M) - nothing extreme (a lot of other ebikes have similar numbers)
could be that the tester was not very experienced and before was riding mainly on ebikes with extremely long CS (460-470) and short reach ?
From the vital mtb videos I saw he looked like he could ride
But yeah I’m 5’9” and I ordered the medium

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Damn, I really wanted a custom M-Team in "Silver Halo".
I asked Orbea if I could set a note in a custom order to make it Silver Halo -> They said no; only for stock bikes. If I did any changes in the MyO I had to use the colors available there... :|
You can order a stock bike on the Orbea Site and still have the customization of componentry that is available in the Myo program. Just go into the buy option, select color and bike shop then change component options. The shop gets the order, then places the stock bike order with the components you choose.

Last edited:

Infex

Jan 20, 2020
Tessenderlo, Belgium
I ordered a M-LTD a couple of days after the video from Rob was released.
My LBS told me there where 2 possibilities to get the bike by the end of April:
-Get the myo bike complete as I configured it, but without the race motor and have it fitted later.
-Get an M-LTD but not with my Myo configuration, and put the race motor and all other components on a frame that will be delivered later this year.

I'm 5'10 and chose a size large since I like a more stable bike in the descents.
I went for the Galactic Rainbow color and will be having the derailleur swapped to a GX AXS and the brakes to MT7's, since that's my personal preference.

I'm hoping the delivery date won't get pushed back too far as we've been seeing with other brands the past year.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
You can order a stock bike on the Orbea Site and still have the customization of componentry that is available in the Myo program. Just go into the buy option, select color and bike shop then change component options. The shop gets the order, then places the stock bike order with the components you choose.
Thanks!
Although It seems to be the popular choice, my damn OCD wont allow me to have different colors top/bottom :LOL: I asked for Halo Silver on the lower part too. (which for some reason was not doable)

I really loved how the bike looked in the MyO in matte finish with Dark Red, Military Green and Navy Blue, but unfortunately all of those were metallic. (preview didnt reflect how that looked) When I googled existing Orbea models in those colors, I didnt really like them. I wanted something simpler.
Most of the non-metallic colors were more on the flashy side, so from a gazillion of color combinations to choose from, I picked the most boring generic grey possible :ROFLMAO:

Gotta say though, this super flashy coral/pure red looks awesome! (From Bikers Edge youtube vid)

WildCoralRed.png

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Thanks!
Although It seems to be the popular choice, my damn OCD wont allow me to have different colors top/bottom :LOL: I asked for Halo Silver on the lower part too. (which for some reason was not doable)

I really loved how the bike looked in the MyO in matte finish with Dark Red, Military Green and Navy Blue, but unfortunately all of those were metallic. (preview didnt reflect how that looked) When I googled existing Orbea models in those colors, I didnt really like them. I wanted something simpler.
Most of the non-metallic colors were more on the flashy side, so from a gazillion of color combinations to choose from, I picked the most boring generic grey possible :ROFLMAO:

Gotta say though, this super flashy coral/pure red looks awesome! (From Bikers Edge youtube vid)

View attachment 104661
If ya go Matte then Metallics don't really show as much....probably close to this which looks like silver metallic. This is "Stone silver"
1673918545319.png
This is MyO Metallic Silver....
1673918837427.png

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Anybody know if the Wild can run a Range Extender? I run my Rise H15 w/ 2 settings and STunlocker. One profile set like the RS and one Full power. I have 2 Extenders for 1044wH. I'm a Big guy so don't get the range that all you little fellas get LOL

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Anybody know if the Wild can run a Range Extender? I run my Rise H15 w/ 2 settings and STunlocker. One profile set like the RS and one Full power. I have 2 Extenders for 1044wH. I'm a Big guy so don't get the range that all you little fellas get LOL

The 2023 Wild doesn’t have the provisions for a battery range extender.

Voda.XTR

Nov 8, 2022
Puerto Rico
The 2023 Wild doesn’t have the provisions for a battery range extender.

The 2023 Wild doesn't come equipped with the OEM range extender "docking station" as the 2020-2022 Wild FS. But, since we are talking about the Bosch CX Line motor... there are plenty of aftermarket options out there to add in-bottle-cage / "generic" battery extenders. These battery extenders come with a wiring pigtail that connects to the Bosch's motor plugs, and makes both batteries work in parallel.

Check out VolaBike Extender kit for Bosch engine – 252Wh
A friend has this in his 2020 Bosch motor with Kiox display and works perfect.
The only "downside" is that, aesthetically, you see the wiring harness coming out near the motor. Nonetheless, looks pretty clean IMO! (I can get a photo of this...)

My only doubt is if these battery extenders are compatible and work with the Bosch SMART system.

For now, my plans are to get a *625Wh* Wild, and mount the battery extender only for 25+ miles rides/races. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles