2024 Strive:ON

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
The black frame looks way better in your photo than it does on the website!
Yes i was relieved too. I posted a link to a German forum where I found the only real life picture of the underdog online.
Now that I got mine I can say it’s a very nice matte black, almost with a shade of grey and even better than in the German forum picture. Or it’s just me because I am in love with it :D
Anyway, as I posted before: after a couple of colorful bikes I really enjoy this “color” and hope this bike will always be fun to ride.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Oh! I checked and couldn't find it. I only find the Strive:ON 2023 and not CFR 2024. Could you help me out with a link please :)
Invisiframe confirmed that the 2023 kit is for our bikes...
IMG_2726.jpeg

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
View attachment 116704
Received my Underdog today - I am totally happy. Just surprised the Bosch is quite loud. My 2020 Levo was quieter by much. Also the Levo pushed stronger in the lower modes but I only rode up and down my street a couple of times. Will definitely keep it as it is a perfect fit for me in Large. 187cm with not so long legs and I can use the complete travel of the dropper post.
I had the Bosch motor in my carbon Trek Rail and definitely didn’t notice it as much so maybe they quieten down a bit with age because I’ve found my Strive to be a bit noisy.

PS loving that colour.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Regarding the Levo's lower power modes giving more "oomph" can't you customise how much assistance each mode gives? Could just be a case of calibration...?

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
Regarding the Levo's lower power modes giving more "oomph" can't you customise how much assistance each mode gives? Could just be a case of calibration...?
I will look into that in the Bosch Flow app and I also think I have to learn more about the motor and how it reacts to my input. Probably I won’t change anything and just adjust myself (and maybe save some battery power ;) ).
I have no worries though that I will be unhappy with the motor, it was just a first impression/comparison on paved ground. So far I had no time to go out for a real ride.

Edit: can anyone tell me for what this plastic at the valve is? It only on the rear wheel. I going tubeless now and would guess it is not needed? Thank you!

IMG_0892.jpeg

Last edited:

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
That's the speed sensor. Don't take it out or the bike won't work 😊
Omg…. I thought they all put it in the brake disc… thank you 😅
But kind of bad design isn’t it? I have muc off tubeless valves and the sensor won’t go over the muc off valve’s nut that holds down the small sealing ring :/
You think I can use a drill to make the hole bigger? That block functions just as a magnet for the actual sensor right?

Solved it without drilling:

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Omg…. I thought they all put it in the brake disc… thank you 😅
But kind of bad design isn’t it? I have muc off tubeless valves and the sensor won’t go over the muc off valve’s nut that holds down the small sealing ring :/
You think I can use a drill to make the hole bigger? That block functions just as a magnet for the actual sensor right?
I had no problems with any tubeless valves that these sensors pair with on any bikes - and my Peaty’s valves are also fine. You do however need the longer tubeless valve for the rear (60mm).

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I had no problems with any tubeless valves that these sensors pair with on any bikes - and my Peaty’s valves are also fine. You do however need the longer tubeless valve for the rear (60mm).
Can you order a mixed pair? Or do you have to run 60mm front and back unless you buy two pairs?

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
The muc off valves have a wider and thicker nut that cannot sink in the hole of the magnet so the magnet is sitting on the nut and is not secured against rotating when something hits it.
But maybe I was thinking wrong. I now put the sealing ring, then the magnet and last the original nut and it seems to be airtight.
I can also inflate air without issues, so hopefully no need for a longer valve.

IMG_0893.jpeg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Anyone tried to fit a normal stem to the bike?

Will normal round spacer fit?
If it's anything like the Spectral I had it'll need a new top cap for the headset. However this bike has the cables routed through that bit# so it could be tricky. Other people have cut notches into their stem to fit the Canyon spacers. It was earlier in this thread.

I really don't understand why they go to these lengths to make their parts so proprietary. Just seems bonkers. I'm looking for new handlebars, but most stuff is 35mm these days and Canyon seem to be trying to lock you into 31.8mm for whatever reason.

Unless Canyon do a 35mm stem?

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
Just a short update: I did two rides and so far the Bosch motor is perfect as is.
It reacts just great to pedal input and to the noise i already got used. Yes, definitely louder than Levo but as soon I stop thinking about it, it just “blends in”. Call me crazy but at times I almost felt an extra mental push when the whirring got louder because I pushed harder uphill. 🤓

ArtturiM

Jun 3, 2023
Finland
Canyon calculator is offering two sizes, L and XL. I am not sure which one to go because I havent had bike for reference in years.

My specs:
Height 190cm
Weight 87kg
Inseam 95cm
APE index 202cm:190cm=1.063
Torso length 68cm
Arm length 68cm

Measured RAD 85cm (calulated RAD 190x4,47=850mm)

Saddle height:
Inseam length x 0.885 gives you the distance from the centre of the bottom bracket to the upper edge of the saddle.

95cm x 0.885 = 84cm, in reality it is around 81cm.

I have ridden with 2020 XL Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy and it was too roomy and/or long for me.

Comparison of geos of Canyon Strive:ON L&XL to Turbo Levo Alloy XL and Orbea Wild XL.

Turbo Levo Alloy is totally different and Orbea Wild XL seems to fall between L and XL Strive:ON.

Hard decisions when you don’t have possibility to test ride bike and need to order it online. 🫣

Any tips and ideas which one to choose or real life experience of sizing between to sizes?

IMG_5298.png

Last edited:

hubertsk

May 24, 2023
Gdansk, Poland
Hi all, I don't want to elaborate on the costs of the upgrade parts or whether they're worth it or not. I believe the upgrade is not worth the extra money from a performance standpoint, but the bike definitely looks way better. I had those already available, so I decided to use them. Stock parts may end up in different projects.

Nevertheless, I've ridden the bike for the last couple of days, and it's absolutely fantastic. I have never seen the bike climb so well, and it's an absolute beast downhill. I completely love it.
I'm 183cm and went for size L; it fits perfectly. It's super stable on technical descents, but probably a size M would be more agile in the corners.
The only disappointment is that it would not feed any data to my Garmin, I'd love to see cadence, speed, and user power, but unfortunately, I haven't found a way to add any sensors from Bosch Smart System to a Garmin.

IMG_4476.jpeg IMG_4474.jpeg IMG_4497.jpeg IMG_4494.jpeg

hansfrans

Jun 28, 2020
Earth
Canyon calculator is offering two sizes, L and XL. I am not sure which one to go because I havent had bike for reference in years.

My specs:
Height 190cm
Weight 87kg
Inseam 95cm
APE index 202cm:190cm=1.063
Torso length 68cm
Arm length 68cm

Measured RAD 85cm (calulated RAD 190x4,47=850mm)

Saddle height:
Inseam length x 0.885 gives you the distance from the centre of the bottom bracket to the upper edge of the saddle.

95cm x 0.885 = 84cm, in reality it is around 81cm.

I have ridden with 2020 XL Specialized Turbo Levo Alloy and it was too roomy and/or long for me.

Comparison of geos of Canyon Strive:ON L&XL to Turbo Levo Alloy XL and Orbea Wild XL.

Turbo Levo Alloy is totally different and Orbea Wild XL seems to fall between L and XL Strive:ON.

Hard decisions when you don’t have possibility to test ride bike and need to order it online. 🫣

Any tips and ideas which one to choose or real life experience of sizing between to sizes?

View attachment 116861
I also have an 2020 xl Levo at 187cm. Now I got the strive in L and it fits even better although I like the Levo in xl. So go for that if the levo xl is too big for you I’d say.

Last edited:

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Hi all, I don't want to elaborate on the costs of the upgrade parts or whether they're worth it or not. I believe the upgrade is not worth the extra money from a performance standpoint, but the bike definitely looks way better. I had those already available, so I decided to use them. Stock parts may end up in different projects.

Nevertheless, I've ridden the bike for the last couple of days, and it's absolutely fantastic. I have never seen the bike climb so well, and it's an absolute beast downhill. I completely love it.
I'm 183cm and went for size L; it fits perfectly. It's super stable on technical descents, but probably a size M would be more agile in the corners.
The only disappointment is that it would not feed any data to my Garmin, I'd love to see cadence, speed, and user power, but unfortunately, I haven't found a way to add any sensors from Bosch Smart System to a Garmin.

View attachment 116883 View attachment 116884 View attachment 116886 View attachment 116887
Ah, if you already had the bits then it makes sense to chuck them on.

Could you maybe just fit a Kiox 300 for the data you want to see? I'm surprised that nobody is talking about adding the display.

I want to do it, but wouldn't have a clue where to start. I guess you buy the Kiox kit, then have to plug it in somewhere and run a wire out of the headset to the display mounted on the bars...?

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK

View attachment 116883 View attachment 116884 View attachment 116886 View attachment 116887
It sounds like the Strive:ON has another happy rider! Can't wait to get my order in.
Seems a shame that a Garmin can't be added and display information. I'd also like to see cadence, range etc etc.
@hubertsk how do you find the mullet set up? I've been riding full 29'er and very curious to see how I get on

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I believe this is coming at some point in the future. I spoke with Bosch about this - I also found it useful on bikes that send rider power data to Garmin. It technically should be possible to do, it just needs to have the BLE protocol enabled to allow connectivity to devices.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@Rob Ride Bikes

Did you had to remove the engine to fit the rear brake, or isn't necessary?

Thank you very much
Well I built it up from the frame so I installed the rear brake before I put in the motor. But if I were doing it again I'd probably drop the motor to help guide the brake hoses. Alternatively you might be able to use a guide routing type device like this, although i've not personally tried it:

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I believe this is coming at some point in the future. I spoke with Bosch about this - I also found it useful on bikes that send rider power data to Garmin. It technically should be possible to do, it just needs to have the BLE protocol enabled to allow connectivity to devices.
Fingers crossed. Shorter bike park or local rides are fine without a display but having realtime information is priceless when out for big days out in the Peaks, Dales and Snowdonia

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Any thoughts on fitting the Kiox 300 @Rob Rides EMTB ?

Should it be a fairly straightforward procedure? And where would it plug in?
Personally I don’t find it if any benefit so even if it came with it I’d likely remove it. But it’s easy to put on, cable would go into the system controller. You’d mount it onto the bars with a Bosch OEM mount and route the cable through the headset cap 👍

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Personally I don’t find it if any benefit so even if it came with it I’d likely remove it. But it’s easy to put on, cable would go into the system controller. You’d mount it onto the bars with a Bosch OEM mount and route the cable through the headset cap 👍
Cheers. I just want the battery as a percentage and the time/speed/miles ridden etc would be handy. I also understand it can now be used as a sat nav, though I doubt I'd use that part.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles