2024 Santa Cruz Heckler SL

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Is there going to be an electrified Hightower? Rob Roskopp mentioned in an interview a while back that in a couple of years their lineup would consist of 50% ebikes. Thus I would expect an Orbea Rise style light eMTB with a slim down tube, made possible by the new Darfon 360Wh and 416Wh batteries: eBike Battery - All -eBike Battery-DARFON

Last edited:

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Personally I think Santa Cruz has super cheap price points on their ebikes. :D Paid little over 10k euro for my X01 RSV Bullit when it came out, whereas Specialized Gen3 S-Works Turbo Levo is ~15k.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Personally I think Santa Cruz has super cheap price points on their ebikes. Paid little over 10k euro for my X01 RSV Bullit, whereas Specialized Gen3 S-Works Turbo Levo is ~15k.
That's not even close to super-cheap! What planet are you living on?!? Just because there is a more expensive bike out there doesn't make yours cheap!

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I meant cheap in relative terms, if comparable top model from their #1 competitor is 50% more expensive. Also wanted to provoke and give an opposing view to the common saying that Santa Cruz is always expensive - I feel I got a very good deal on my Bullit when I look at current Specialized prices.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Chill dudes. He's obviously meaning his comment slightly tongue in cheek ! Everyone knows they're expensive - but he's just saying that there is even more expensive.

Edit : it's also getting slightly off subject. There's already plenty of threads to complain about prices - ultimately, it's irrelevant, you pays YOUR money and you make YOUR choice. No one forces you. None of these companies are charities.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
I meant cheap in relative terms, if comparable top model from their #1 competitor is 50% more expensive.
Haha! Yeah, I get what you mean. Don't know if you looked, but I ride two eMTBs, a Levo SL and an eZobop. I bought the Carbon Comp SL, which was (for me) an eyewatering £6.5k, and then upgraded it using my industry trade accounts. The eZobop cost £2.4k and, again, I made a couple of upgrades to it. If I took them both out on really tech gravity trails, the SL wins every time, but on anything else the eZobop is just as much of a riot as the SL, yet cost just over 1/3 of the price!

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Meh - what a bike costs is relative to SFA in the scheme of things ... heck, people actually pay a premium for electric cars that are completely impractical.

One needs to do an @Zimmerframe costs analysis ...... "How much is this sucker going to cost to repair after I throw it away on a rocky slope."
Then you can compare bike A vs bike B.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
the heckler has been unavailable/sold out for some time from uk dealers.

with the old model being based on the bronson 3 i think we will see a bronson 4 based ebike.

hopefully it has the new shimano motor and a bigger battery to keep up with the industry trends.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
s/c really need to get their fingers out either way.

with no new hecklers available and a limited number of bullits they are in danger of people jumping ship to other brands if they have 10k burning a hole in there pockets!

as an owner of the current(discontinued?) heckler my preference is for a bronson 4 with a 650-700 battery.the current battery size is starting to give me range anxiety these days,i have the smallest battery in my riding group.

sgtcurry

Apr 27, 2021
Houston, Tx
Ok so I don’t know if it’s the same bike anymore. The one I got with my dealer is the replacement for the heckler which is going to be around 45lbs but has a 720wh battery. So this is not as light as the Levo sl or the rise but it’s going to be on the lighter side for a full power ebike. No word on which motor they are using. But going by battery size looks like shimano again. I don’t even know the price at the moment but I’m going to guess 12-13k for the reserve. Info will be out sometime February. Not sure if I will keep the order, didn’t like the last heckler.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Ok so I don’t know if it’s the same bike anymore. The one I got with my dealer is the replacement for the heckler which is going to be around 45lbs but has a 720wh battery. So this is not as light as the Levo sl or the rise but it’s going to be on the lighter side for a full power ebike. No word on which motor they are using. But going by battery size looks like shimano again. I don’t even know the price at the moment but I’m going to guess 12-13k for the reserve. Info will be out sometime February. Not sure if I will keep the order, didn’t like the last heckler.
This. New Heckler coming out midnight tonight.

sgtcurry

Apr 27, 2021
Houston, Tx
Top End Spec comes out to $14k~ USD my dealer confirmed with me. Seems like they raised their prices yet again, it better have AXS dropper post too. Dealer would not confirm exact specs other than it will have axs but didnt state the dropper post. It better blow me away compared to my Rail and Rise.

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Cool to have an updated Heckler with better geo and bigger battery, but I feel there would still be room for Santa Cruz to create a light ebike with slim down tube built around the narrow Darfon 360Wh (E2C08) battery (since they went for Darfon on the new Heckler).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles