DNE87

Oct 4, 2022
UK
9153B6A6-659E-4B66-84FF-70C30BE88B77.jpeg

First spin on the Heckler today.

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
Does anyone know how to access the E tube app to change the assist modes or customize the display. I have tried the E Tube app on my iPhone but it says the firmware is not compatible?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Does anyone know how to access the E tube app to change the assist modes or customize the display. I have tried the E Tube app on my iPhone but it says the firmware is not compatible?

I've used the E-Tube app plenty, but never run into what you describe. If I fire up E-Tube and there is new firmware available, it will tell me. I don't think I've ever modified my parameters before updating firmware. Are there updates available? If so, you might want to try updating the firmware, then trying to change the parameters.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Just bought a nice new Heckler GX AXS for my wife, and a CC X01 RSV for myself... I am leaning on getting them ride wrapped right away. Picked hers up at a local dealer (2H away), and mine, I ordered from another state... None available in CA.

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
Lyric Ultimate
Super Deluxe ultimate
Code RSC
Santa Cruz carbon bar and 50mm Deity stem

The shop had bought this and a large R spec in and sold the R spec with all of the high end kit off this, so the shop were selling it as a CC but it fairly basic components so it didn’t sell. They were very good and gave a really good credit for the parts against the upgraded kit we put on.

Also the distribution of Santa Cruz in Australia is changing hands and they seemed to really want this gone, not sure why as they are still going to be selling them.

JJDABOSS

Mar 15, 2020
USA
Anyone with a medium know the dropper length (Fox Transfer Factory). Looks to be 150mm by measuring but wanted to make sure. I’m 32 inseam with ~3” of seat post above the collar. Although it feels decent when lowered I prefer to use the 2-3” in the drop position. The seat post tube looks more shallow than my previous Heckler 27.5.
What dropper post options are out there to maximize the drop?

Last edited:

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
The OneUp droppers have the shallowest insertion depth of any dropper. On one of my current Levos I was able to replace the 150mm dropper post with a 170 OneUp and the seat is at the same height, or lower, and I have a longer post.

DNE87

Oct 4, 2022
UK
Anyone with a medium know the dropper length (Fox Transfer Factory). Looks to be 150mm by measuring but wanted to make sure. I’m 32 inseam with ~3” of seat post above the collar. Although it feels decent when lowered I prefer to use the 2-3” in the drop position. The seat post tube looks more shallow than my previous Heckler 27.5.
What dropper post options are out there to maximize the drop?
If it helps, I'm on a medium running a 170mm AXS Reverb post, I can slam it in the frame although I run it around 30mm out.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Anyone else noticed that Santa Cruz updated both their Heckler and Bullit today after SRAM released their new drivetrains ?

I'm a little surprised as SC lowered their prices and are now including nicer build specs.

Bikes are now specced with Rockshox ZEB, Rockshox Reverb AXS, new SRAM XX drivetrain and new EP801 motor.

It's still not cheap, but I'm quite surprised!

Silent Drone

Jan 23, 2022
Salt Lake City
Anyone else noticed that Santa Cruz updated both their Heckler and Bullit today after SRAM released their new drivetrains ?

I'm a little surprised as SC lowered their prices and are now including nicer build specs.

Bikes are now specced with Rockshox ZEB, Rockshox Reverb AXS, new SRAM XX drivetrain and new EP801 motor.

It's still not cheap, but I'm quite surprised!

Thanks for pointing this out. Love the new colors!

I’m not surprised. And I’m so glad to see prices dropping. The cheapest “new” Heckler is now the 11.5k which comes with the new XO RSV with CC frame, ZEB, carbon rims, and new colors too.

If you can find one, you can get the “old” Heckler in R spec (C carbon frame, NX, lyric/36) for 7k. Not bad!

spikebike

Jul 16, 2022
Colorado

Nice, I was holding off the the heckler because of the widely reports clunk/clank when going coasting downhill with the Shimano EP800. I found one report of the new EP801 being much better on this front. If anyone rides one of these please report back.

I really like the new SRAM transmission system, seems to make quite an improvement in the strength, alignment, and durability. Several reviews have shown people laying the bike down and standing on the derailleur. Definitely not something I'd ever try on my Nomad. I lost two frames (Cannondale crit bike and SC Blur) with derailleur related frame failures.

I had been leaning towards a Trek Fuel EXE, which is really quiet, but I'd *MUCH* rather stick with SC. The Heckler or Bullit would be my 3rd SC bike, 4th if you count a frame replacement where my frame snapped at the derailleur.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Nice, I was holding off the the heckler because of the widely reports clunk/clank when going coasting downhill with the Shimano EP800. I found one report of the new EP801 being much better on this front. If anyone rides one of these please report back.

I really like the new SRAM transmission system, seems to make quite an improvement in the strength, alignment, and durability. Several reviews have shown people laying the bike down and standing on the derailleur. Definitely not something I'd ever try on my Nomad. I lost two frames (Cannondale crit bike and SC Blur) with derailleur related frame failures.

I had been leaning towards a Trek Fuel EXE, which is really quiet, but I'd *MUCH* rather stick with SC. The Heckler or Bullit would be my 3rd SC bike, 4th if you count a frame replacement where my frame snapped at the derailleur.
I have the Heckler with EP800 and after two rides totally zoned out the clattering which is not that bad anyway. The Bosch motor makes a noise as well. I would like to try the 801 as I understand it has a bit more power, but saying that EP800 does the job for me. Great bike.

DNE87

Oct 4, 2022
UK
I had this issue but had it replaced under warranty with fuss
Replaced with the shimano button without USB port? Do you know if it's a motor out job to replace, I'm getting a replacement sent out to me. Happy to do it just want to know what I'm getting into before hand.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Replaced with the shimano button without USB port? Do you know if it's a motor out job to replace, I'm getting a replacement sent out to me. Happy to do it just want to know what I'm getting into before hand.
It’s a motor out job. I also had all of the wires waterproofed and sticky foam rubber put around the gaps and battery cover. Bike is silent going over rough stuff now!

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Mine sticks a bit during cold weather, but is fine otherwise so far.

But I finally lost the rubber plug for the charging port. Anyone know if that's replaceable?

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
Mine sticks a bit during cold weather, but is fine otherwise so far.

But I finally lost the rubber plug for the charging port. Anyone know if that's replaceable?
this is the other part of the heckler that irritates me.

worried that i might accidently knock it open with my foot without realising, i put a small piece of tape over mine while I'm riding it.

not sure if it is replaceable but would definitely be interested in buying a spare if they were.

Silent Drone

Jan 23, 2022
Salt Lake City
I put the new XO on my Heckler last night. The installation process was straightforward, and the best part is you no longer have to set the b-screw at sag. Unfortunately, my shake down ride is going to have to wait because our trails are still buried in snow.

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
this is the other part of the heckler that irritates me.

worried that i might accidently knock it open with my foot without realizing, i put a small piece of tape over mine while I'm riding it.

not sure if it is replaceable but would definitely be interested in buying a spare if they were.
Shimano sent me a new charging port wiring harness when mine fell off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles