2022 Santa Cruz Heckler

Moonshine

Aug 24, 2022
Glasgow
I got a call yesterday from Killearn Country Cycles to say my Heckler arrived and they are getting it commissioned by the weekend.
They got 3 customer order bikes plus a couple unexpected ones, but the majority of their order is coming in September.
I ordered at launch in February 22

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Mine has landed! So so close to cancelling but happy I didn’t. Got 30 miles from her today, rides superb 😃
71415787-9E0E-4863-A6D8-9672EA23865B.jpeg

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
this is good news,looks like the bikes are starting to come through! hopefully you guys think it was worth the wait,im absolutely loving mine.
just a shame that summer is all but over here in the uk.

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
this is good news,looks like the bikes are starting to come through! hopefully you guys think it was worth the wait,im absolutely loving mine.
just a shame that summer is all but over here in the uk.
Lucky you guys in UK. Good relationship with Yankees pays off. Nothing so far in EU.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
That’s how my friends looked after the battery recall had been done, his was flush before that. He’s been arguing with SC about it for a few months now.
Interesting. Do you know what the outcome is? It’s not great for mud,water and dust protection! Can’t be adjusted either.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Interesting. Do you know what the outcome is? It’s not great for mud,water and dust protection! Can’t be adjusted either.
Nothing has been done about it yet as far as I know. He won’t ride his bike through any mud or water anymore since it’s not really sealed.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
How do you remove the cover?
The cover is screwed to the battery case. The battery is removed via a latch with a 4mm bolt that pops the battery out, it works a lot like a house door handle. The plate it is attached with can‘t go back further so the top of the battery sits slightly proud of the frame. You could put a rubber seal around it but spending this kind of money on a bike you expect perfection and a design fit for purpose.

jazzhands01

May 23, 2020
San Rafael CA
It's seems crazy that people are still waiting on Hecklers. Here in Marin County every dealer has a bunch on the floor and they don't seems to be moving very many... I demoed the 29 and mx and liked it, but the next day i rode the Scott E-Ransom and was blown away. On paper it's a 180/180 bike but does not feel like it until you start to push it. The bikes stays small and grows as needed. I ended up getting a new Bronson MX cause I'm trying to ride acoustic half the time. I have a highly modified 2020 Levo which only weighs 50 lbs. I converted my levo to a mullet and it's sick! Good luck out there people! Hopefully your bikes will arrive soon!

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
If anyone is local to the CA bay area - this guy on Craigslist is willing to take $6,500 for this unridden Large S Kit 29er. I was so close to grabbing it but the large was a hair too big for me. Could probably get it even lower now as it's been sitting on the site for several weeks. santa cruz heckler - bicycles - by owner - bike sale
This guy?.....Hey guys, my Heckler is new 2022 29 wheels shimano code breaks 36 performance fox fork all ready to be owned by you! Size large
(Brand new) 7200 price firm retail price 10k

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
That sucks man! Hopefully your LBS takes care of you, a buddy of mine has been waiting over a month for a motor replacement for his Vitus.
Yeah it feels worse today somehow. LBS will hopefully sort it quickly. I’ve given them two weeks. It’s a known problem so Shimano/Maddison need to address this with urgency. Especially on a brand new bike.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
No error code at all. It’s mechanical failure. Motor not engaged. Sounds like it is engaged but no power. I have read a few forums with others with the same issue on ep8s. I fear I now have many weeks of more waiting. Not sure what my options are and if I reject it and get my money back. Saying that the two rides I had I loved it!

Harry94025

Sep 18, 2022
SF Bay Area
Hi Guys,
My Heckler sounds like the internal cables or something is rattling around; definitely seems to depend on the terrain. Is it worthwhile to secure or cushion the cables in the battery compartment? Any other areas to look at?
Thanks,
Harry

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
My Heckler sounds like the internal cables or something is rattling around; definitely seems to depend on the terrain. Is it worthwhile to secure or cushion the cables in the battery compartment? Any other areas to look at?
Thanks,
Harry
Hi Harry, mine was the same until I put rubber taper under the cables and around the top of the battery compartment. Also where the cables enter the frame. After that just the ep8 rattle could be heard, until it died 😂
Hope that helps

kilzone

Sep 18, 2022
Florida
Hi All!

I just picked up a 2022 Heckler MX, and I absolutely love it!

However, I’m noticing a couple things and thought I would write to see if someone to direct me. For one, the battery is not flush to the body, at the top where it latches. The gap lets water and sand/dirt inside of the battery cavity. Though I‘m not worried about the debris inside the cavity, I’m a little OCD about it. Also, it’s an expensive bike! The shop where I bought it seems to think it’s somewhat normal.

Second one, and this is probably happens across all brands. When I’m riding I hear a creaking inside the stem (I think). It’s gotten progressively worse. Is there a general maintenance thing I should be doing to prevent this?

Thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles