2022 Santa Cruz Heckler

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
This is sounding very much the same as all stories last year with the Bullits. I had the same news come through from SC/Jungle. I had the same as you had, but then it went to 'hopefully next month' which was repeated every month for 6 months until I cancelled my order. We know of the worldwide difficulties but it would be easier hearing the facts instead of 'oh yeh now it's being built so won't be long' then clearly didn't have the parts available and you just feel you are being lied to.
Update from the UK, Website says July delivery but this is not correct and it could be Aug/Sept. In other words they don’t know. I think I will cancel my order and get a new Whyte as that looks sweet.

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
I don’t think any of the new hecklers have reached the UK yet. I ordered mine a couple of weeks after release and was fortunate to get one put in my name that my LBS had allocated to them in the first batch due for delivery. Nothing firm in terms of dates, possibly end of august. Parts supply chain issues have apparently been compounded by SC moving their assembly line for ebikes in Germany and then moving it back again.

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
anybody in the uk got there bike or have a firm delivery date yet?
Spoke to Jungle and Santa Cruz this week. First UK shipment is next week but it has limited bikes on it. The next delivery after that is end of September early October. Mine is sadly expected then and I ordered in February.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
Spoke to Jungle and Santa Cruz this week. First UK shipment is next week but it has limited bikes on it. The next delivery after that is end of September early October. Mine is sadly expected then and I ordered in February.
which size\spec did you order?

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
this is starting to look bad on santa cruz now.

Fullmoto

Jul 20, 2022
Antigonish
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. My shop has heckler R build they are looking to unload for a decent discount regular $11400(plus tax) I can get it for $9800 (tax included Canadian price) this would be $7600 usd price. I was hoping to get the S build for a similar discount but they only have medium, I need large which is the R build. Just wondering if the Lower components are going to be enough for me overtime. I have an sworks enduro now as my regular bike so I’m use to high end components. Since the heckler would be more of my cruiser, getting laps in bike maybe the component difference wouldn’t be as noticeable? Let me know what you guys think of the R build if anyone has experience. It’s the 29 version

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. My shop has heckler R build they are looking to unload for a decent discount regular $11400(plus tax) I can get it for $9800 (tax included Canadian price) this would be $7600 usd price. I was hoping to get the S build for a similar discount but they only have medium, I need large which is the R build. Just wondering if the Lower components are going to be enough for me overtime. I have an sworks enduro now as my regular bike so I’m use to high end components. Since the heckler would be more of my cruiser, getting laps in bike maybe the component difference wouldn’t be as noticeable? Let me know what you guys think of the R build if anyone has experience. It’s the 29 version

My friend that I ride with the majority of the time bought an R I have the S, the brakes and forks are the biggest difference but you can always upgrade later. The Heckler is hard to find so if you want one I say grab it, you can always change the fork, rear shock or brakes later.

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
As a heavier rider I was finding limitations with the fork and shock. With the fork I was getting brake dive. Was able to tune it out but had to give up some plushness.

With the rear shock, not having any LSC adjustment and a small range of rebound adjustment, the bike was really hard to dial in for rocky terrain.

I swapped out the fork to a Zeb Ultimate and the rear shock to the Rockshox Deluxe Ultimate that comes on the higher Heckler builds. This is has allowed me to dial the bike in much more than I could with the original suspension components.

Fullmoto

Jul 20, 2022
Antigonish
My friend that I ride with the majority of the time bought an R I have the S, the brakes and forks are the biggest difference but you can always upgrade later. The Heckler is hard to find so if you want one I say grab it, you can always change the fork, rear shock or brakes later.

I can get the shop to switch everything from the S build MX version over to the full 29. They said the wheelset would have to stay on though because of the MX vs 29 different rear triangle. Just wondering in the quality of the R build wheel vs the S build wheel? Should I ask for more of a discount since I’m paying the S build price but taking the R wheelset?

Crrichmo

Feb 22, 2021
San Diego, CA
I can get the shop to switch everything from the S build MX version over to the full 29. They said the wheelset would have to stay on though because of the MX vs 29 different rear triangle. Just wondering in the quality of the R build wheel vs the S build wheel? Should I ask for more of a discount since I’m paying the S build price but taking the R wheelset?
I have the R build. But I purchased with the plan to switch over parts I had already and in some cases buy new. I think the wheelset isn't great, but it is also probably ok if you are not too picky. I've never used it. It is heavy, but I assume would hold up to some abuse as a consequence. The wheelset has the shimano HG driver, not the SRAM xd, so I would be curious if they are switching out the driver for you so you can run a SRAM xd cassette or Shimano microspline.

The S build is a good upgrade over the R build. If they are planning to charge you the S build price for the part switch minus the wheels, then I would definitely want a discount. The wheelset is pretty good on the S build with DT 370 hubs (I think you can upgrade them now to a 54t) and race face HD rims. It is meh on the R build.

leroy

Jul 10, 2021
milton keynes
I have had a message saying late September 😔
is this just a uk/europe problem, is the usa the only country in the world to have the new heckler?

if the usa is the only country to have them it seems like a very strange decision by sc to do a global release with zero stock available.

anybody on the forum other than americans(and danny mcaskil) have a new heckler?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
is this just a uk/europe problem, is the usa the only country in the world to have the new heckler?

if the usa is the only country to have them it seems like a very strange decision by sc to do a global release with zero stock available.

anybody on the forum other than americans(and danny mcaskil) have a new heckler?
I believe it is just a UK/EU problem. I have a friend back in the US that owns a shop, he sells Yeti, Santa Cruz and Revel. He has 5 160s and 5 Hecklers with more on the way, he was saying that sales are slowing down so they have tons of inventory right now. I’ve only seen 1 Yeti 160 in stock here and it was a large, still haven’t seen any Hecklers though. I know of one shop with a Bullit in stock but that’s it.

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
I have the R build. But I purchased with the plan to switch over parts I had already and in some cases buy new. I think the wheelset isn't great, but it is also probably ok if you are not too picky. I've never used it. It is heavy, but I assume would hold up to some abuse as a consequence. The wheelset has the shimano HG driver, not the SRAM xd, so I would be curious if they are switching out the driver for you so you can run a SRAM xd cassette or Shimano microspline.

The S build is a good upgrade over the R build. If they are planning to charge you the S build price for the part switch minus the wheels, then I would definitely want a discount. The wheelset is pretty good on the S build with DT 370 hubs (I think you can upgrade them now to a 54t) and race face HD rims. It is meh on the R build.

Hi Crrichmo, when you have a moment can you measure as best possible the distance from the top of your spring to the bottom of the tunnel. We are moving along with the link and seeing how long of a shock we can squeeze in there. With the stock Rockshox Air shock it was 15mm from shock to tunnel and I know the Fox spring is a little fatty. Thanks for any help!

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
Lucky to have a Heckler 29 and Heckler MX S builds. I'm 5' 8" and ride a Medium. All of the specs on both are the same except the chainstays and wheelbase. Limited time on both but so far it's probably what you'd expect. The MX is more adept on tight singletrack where quick handling is welcomed. The 29 is more of a rough, chunky terrain gal. I'm not a jumper but both are easy to get airborne if desired. That being said I think they're both very capable on any terrain and I attribute that to the VPP suspension and more modern geometry. Nice to have a 720 wh battery too although I don't think the EP8 motor is nearly as efficient in battery consumption as either the Brose or Bosch motors. I've had both.

Do you happen to have an extra Darfon 720 battery you want to sell or a a Shimano SC-E7000 display?

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
So mine happened on March 28th, emailed SC and they admitted that there was a latch issue, I was fully prepared to fork over $1k+ for a new battery but they said they would warranty it. Unfortunately, they won't be able to ship out or sell any new bikes until the latch workaround is resolved. Said it's like a 20 minute fix and your local SC dealer can do it, but they need to get it approved by the consumer approval & safety groups, who knows when that'll happen. There's another thread about the battery on here, there's people who bought bikes & their dealers won't release them cause of this issue, sucks.

Do you have 2 batteries now? if so, want to sell one?

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
No, I did buy a Yeti 106E beginning of June, on which I already put 1'000km (approx 600miles).

I don't know if the Heckler would have been better than the Yeti, the only thing I know is that I'm more than satisfied with the Yeti, and I'm riding !

Dang Man...thats a lot of riding which is awesome! Keep it up. Im taking my Heckler down towards the Mammoth area in September. Looking forward to riding new trails!

Flips

Apr 15, 2022
UK
I see on Instagram that Cycle Highlands in Ballater Aberdeenshire are showing Heckler 9's in stock.
Don't shoot the messenger as was posted 2 days ago

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles