2022 Santa Cruz Heckler

Druss

May 30, 2023
France
A2OJN3G.jpg

So here he is.

Super happy about the Ohlins fork; this make the trail so much playful and provide me ton of support when rock garden are nasty and on top on that the Enve carbon wheels provide precision and carry speeds so nicely into the berms.

Used to have a E Genius the change is great, but the downside is about the capacity.
Seems that I can only manage around 40km/1300m + with boost, so less that with my E Genius and a 625w battery.
Is there any tips to know here ?

Beside that I found it strange as well to do know have a Bosch motor, as I wanted to continue with Bosch but on the other side the Shimano provide a more natural effect, less brutal, which provide then the opportunity to better climb some technical / trial section.

SenditOTB

Oct 12, 2020
Germany
Oooh I see, thanks for the explanation. Was looking at the heckler sl, but honestly … 3kg difference doesnt really seem to be worth the hype + non removable battery. So will probably test this one

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
Oooh I see, thanks for the explanation. Was looking at the heckler sl, but honestly … 3kg difference doesnt really seem to be worth the hype + non removable battery. So will probably test this one
If you end up test riding both I'd be interested in back-to-back thoughts. My experience on other full power eMTBs (haven't ridden the full Heckler) is that placement of that extra motor / battery weight makes more a difference than you'd expect given the numbers.

Thepup100

Feb 17, 2020
UK
Here's the bike with the 38 on it. Haven't taken any photos on the trail yet since installing it. It replaced the Lyrik select that came on the R build.

View attachment 86941

View attachment 86942
Looks bitchin in this build - just ordered an r build. I intend on putting on my factory 38 170mm / transfer dropper etc. Where did you get the black decals? Also how do you find the coil compared to the air shock? I’m a pretty heavy guy (110kg) so wonder if I’m better off sticking with air?

tylersf90

Dec 6, 2023
arkansas
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a 2022 Heckler and work in the underwater photography world. We make all kinds of random 3D printed stuff, I can make a plug to replace the stock crappy one and incorporate an o ring to keep it water tight.
Would you still be willing to make one? I’m interested in one for my Heckler!

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
I'm quite disappointed with the range capacity of the Heckler. The bike is a fantastic ride, but one of the reason I bought the Heckler was the range capacity with a 720W battery. Since the beginning (got the bike in June, during nice and warm days) I was surprised that the range was not really better than my previous Yeti 160E with its 630W battery. Well the range was sufficient so do not worries too much.

Living in Switzerland, temperatures during winter can be quite cold. And then real issues of range capacities really started. We all know that range drastically reduces with low temperatures, but I was not even capable to reach rides I was doing with my previous 630W battery with same weather conditions !? and riding with friends powered by Bosch with 625W battery and Brose with 700W (5 years old...so supposed to not have full capacity), I needed to shorten my rides and could not get with them to the end of the rides with my 720W !?

Looking on the internet I did find some very interesting tests:

1) Comparing a Santa Cruz Heckler 2024 (EP801- Darfon 720W) with Canyon Spectral On:Cf (EP 801 - Trendpower 720W) during weeks. Results the Canyon battery have 26% more range than the Darfon battery with same capacity !?
2) Based on the first test, they compared the systems EP801/Darfon 720W Vs EP801/Shimano 630W... and during nice days with cool temperatures range is pretty similar but the Darfon battery is supposed to be 15% bigger. And more interesting with cold temperatures... the 630W Shimano battery provide better range than the 720W Darfon !?

So very disappointed by the Marketing selling you the fact you will a better range with a Darfon 720W...

birdman

Nov 25, 2023
Germany
I am testing also the Heckler 9 R 29“bike since October last year. After a number of modifications such as carbon handlebar, wolftooth chain ring, carbon seat post/saddle, carbon wheelset, axs xx1 rear derailleur, shimano 900 cranks, HT pedals with titanium axle and Better Bolts titanium screws... I have reached my desired weight of 20,5kg! Since then I have ridden it with the Lyrik base 160mm (OEM in spec R) and the super deluxe shock in the low position and i was more than satisfied with the performance (sag 30%). The only thing I didn't like was the frequent pedal strikes due to the low bottom bracket height (342mm/low/29")!! However, the performance was perfect!!! My thoughts were the same as those of the colleagues above, 170mm at the front! 170mm fork and the rear flip chip on high, so Similar head angle/seat angle with a higher bottom bracket! This test was perfect for me! Also 30% sag and the progressivity is for me nearly the same as 160mm on the Front and low Position!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
Western Colorado
I had to trade the 170mm Transfer for a 150mm PNW because of leg extensio issues on my 2024 size LG!
Very frustrating and also very common with SC bikes!
Anyone want a REALLY good deal on a 2024 170mm Transfer with lever?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles