Levo SL Gen 1 2021 Levo SL Comp Carbon Budget (kinda) Build Question

AgileMike

Sep 11, 2019
Idaho
Our family has a 2020 Levo FF Comp and three Luna Cycle X-1 Enduros. We typically end rides with over 50% battery remaining on the Levo FF, so I'm going to buy the 2021 SL Comp Carbon and do a budget build on it. My main question is the shock. I need a recommendation for a used shock to purchase that is around $500 used. I would prefer RockShox because all our other bikes have RockShox suspension, and I would like to do all the setup/service work myself.

My planned build:
Zeb Ultimate fork - not because I need it, but I want to try one of the best possible forks on the market and I can sell it used if I don't need it.
~$500 used shock
Carbon wheelset from China
Carbon bars from China
Upgraded brakes - probably going with Magura MT-7s

I will post my thoughts after I get it built up and a few rides to compare the Levo FF, which is completely stock. LBS doesn't know when the SL will arrive, so I don't know how long it will be.

AgileMike

Sep 11, 2019
Idaho
Just spent some time on RockShox website and realized the shocks are only about $500 new. Guess I don't have to buy used...

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
What wheels?

I'm not really sure I'd trust random Carbon bars personally. The Nukeproof horizon ones are amazing value for money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles