Trail Watts Booster Battery Systems

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Slight o/t - would your modified power lead give access to the standard battery power to allow me to connect a gps or other internal tracking device? Or is there an easier power takeoff point you know off, having played around with the motor and wiring? I'm after ideally power even when bike is off, but when on is ok too..... small current drain in standby, voltage mostly immaterial.....

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Slight o/t - would your modified power lead give access to the standard battery power to allow me to connect a gps or other internal tracking device? Or is there an easier power takeoff point you know off, having played around with the motor and wiring? I'm after ideally power even when bike is off, but when on is ok too..... small current drain in standby, voltage mostly immaterial.....
There is no drain options within the system I’m afraid. You will be able to use a god tracker etc with its own source if you can conceal within frame etc.
You can only take power from either battery when bike is on.
Sorry.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Trail Watts show/ test bike for 2019 ?
Will be testing new 21700 cell booster box later this year ?

19B538F1-AC04-49C6-8534-6ACFB9AE5E34.jpeg

EFB6B396-683A-4AD9-B111-C4282B661F74.jpeg

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
It’s a large hole in side cover to decide routing. Once replacement cover arrives I’ll get better shots. Awaiting revised 2019 motor cables before I dispatch 2019 kits.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Even the 2019 test bike came like this?
Chris at Berkshire Cycles sorting replacement harness.
Trail Watts will not fit modules to these 1st version looms. Version 2 when available should be okay ??
Keeping quality high is my goal.

0EF04997-9248-46F7-8734-4F9C1A8343CB.jpeg

madcow

Jan 28, 2019
DE
Order enquiry [email protected] with ref: EMTB and your full details.
As soon as I receive 10 reservations I’ll release a great group price ?

Only 10 ?⚡
Reservations are restricted to country location shipping of class 9 goods.

Might be interested when the price is nice :)
You are delivering from UK, right?
Have you done any thoughts about Brexit and duties yet?
This is a topic on my job right now, please apology if it is a little paranoid :)

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi, Brexit is something we all are going to suffer. Built and shipped from UK.
If brexit gets bad then I will be doing monthly trips to France/ Germany to deliver goods ?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi,

May I ask you a few questions? I like the booster battery concept but first of all I like to understand if it could void warranty.

Based on the posts below:
Trail Watts Booster Battery Systems - EMTB Forums
Trail Watts Booster Battery Systems - EMTB Forums
I think I need to understand that there is some form of relationship between Trail Watts and Specialized where I always thought Specialized didn't support ANY 2nd battery.

Besides the topic above, I am also curious what the difference is between your system (and I understand of course the Levo specific cabling difference (which I could make myself) and the system below:

US $199.0 |Mini Kettle battery 36V 5.2ah 5.8Ah 6.4ah 7ah ebike Lithium Battery 36V 250W 350W Electric bicycle Battery -in Electric Bicycle Battery from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

or this one:
US $210.4 20% OFF|36V 6.4Ah 6.8Ah 7.8Ah E Bike lithium Battery Newest small mini water bottle Battery with USB for 250W 500W motor-in Electric Bicycle Battery from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thanks!

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Batteries I supply are produced and BMS fitted is contracted to Trail Watts. I do not deal with any online stores or websites listing bottle batteries. Once you see a Trail Watts kit, you will understand the difference.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I cannot disclose any dealings with Specialized or other companies due to legal matters. No company will warranty an aftermarket product unless integrated with the company.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Batteries I supply are produced and BMS fitted is contracted to Trail Watts. I do not deal with any online stores or websites listing bottle batteries. Once you see a Trail Watts kit, you will understand the difference.

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you use a subsupplier (most probarbly in China) who supplies the complete package which consists of a BMS which is specificallly designed for Trail Watts?

I found it just very strange that you use the exact same bottle housings design. The buttons, connectors and stickers look exactly the same. Only big difference in pricing. ;) However pricing is not everything when knowing these battery packs can easily catch fire when using not the right quality and precaution.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Doing something right is better than supplying cheap substandard. I pride myself on quality and build every loom and module myself. The buck stops with me so 2 year warranty with every unit.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I cannot disclose any dealings with Specialized or other companies due to legal matters. No company will warranty an aftermarket product unless integrated with the company.

I think you have misunderstood my initial question. I understand Specialized will not warrant a Trail Watts Booster. However I would like to know if Specialized would void the warranty of the original Levo battery or other electronic parts once they are aware a rider uses or has used a Trail Watts Booster system or a range extender in general.

If this is the case, please let us know too. As we can then make a well balanced decision between pricing, battery capacity and warranty.

Thanks!

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I took my battery and motor for inspection and upgrade firmware after 1 year on trail watts module. No errors or problems , my system is invisible to the bike and will be adapted to other brands in the future. As long as you remove system before taking it back to shop you’ll be fine. Berkshire Cycles have inspected Trail Watts kits.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the warranty ultimately with Brose or Specilized? Reason I ask is that the BMZ (who make a lot of the OEM batteries in E-Bikes) Range Extender kit is recognised by Brose I believe, as it is offered as an official option on several other Brose motored bikes, e.g Rotwild.

As such is the fitting of a range extender actually a warranty issue?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
i think if you fitted a bodged up range extender with poor battery then maybe a problem if it cooks either the motor or the factory battery.
BMZ produce battery for Bulls and rotwild but the range extender is to charge factory battery while your on a lunch break etc.
Running booster battery with the factory battery has more miles for smiles ?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Doing something right is better than supplying cheap substandard. I pride myself on quality and build every loom and module myself. The buck stops with me so 2 year warranty with every unit.
Could you elaborate a little about the type of batteries you use, i. e. type and model? Also, what welding technology do you use when you build your battery packs?

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles