Trail Watts starts testing Range Extender for Bosch.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
How's the development going?
I’m hoping August will allow me time to borrow a newer Bosch bike with cage to design loom and module housing due to restrictions within the motor housing.
I’m also looking at a universal style booster instead of bottle battery.
Currently dealing with mass of orders and car charger system plus some ? stuff ?

Bennyboy89

Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Would the bottle cage style work with the 2019 cubes ect that use the internal powertube?
Desperate for more range but not keen on the idea of carrying a spare battery.

20190516_064047.jpg

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Designing loom and adapting module for Bosch application starts next month.
I’ve had to put it on hold due to the amazing support and orders which have kept me in the workshop ?

Bennyboy89

Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Designing loom and adapting module for Bosch application starts next month.
I’ve had to put it on hold due to the amazing support and orders which have kept me in the workshop ?

I can see you being extremely busy once the bosch system is released Graham ?
With nothing bigger than 500wh available to bosch owners and with it being around for so long, I see non stop orders coming through to you!

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I can see you being extremely busy once the bosch system is released Graham ?
With nothing bigger than 500wh available to bosch owners and with it being around for so long, I see non stop orders coming through to you!

It’s an enquiry that has been highest for months. I have also been product testing for individuals or independent clients which takes up alot of time. Trying to focus solely on trailwatts as it grows?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi
Any nearer with the Bosch system? And will it work with the CX & new generation motor?
Due to the overwhelming demand for my specialized kits I’ve had to spend time implementing production improvements to speed up shipments etc.

As the depths of winter approach I can continue development work.
Sorry for delay but being 1 man has its drawbacks.

Please Continue to follow trailwatts and when Possible I will share information.

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Due to the overwhelming demand for my specialized kits I’ve had to spend time implementing production improvements to speed up shipments etc.

As the depths of winter approach I can continue development work.
Sorry for delay but being 1 man has its drawbacks.

Please Continue to follow trailwatts and when Possible I will share information.

Remember Graham , pm me for a prototype:)

MB1

Dec 28, 2019
Cumbria
Any news on the Bosch solution? I’m looking at buying a spare battery in the new year, but a bottle cage setup would be far more convenient. The Italian setup looks good, but I’m not getting a warm feeling on support looking at their web site. Besides, I’d rather support a UK business.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Any news on the Bosch solution? I’m looking at buying a spare battery in the new year, but a bottle cage setup would be far more convenient. The Italian setup looks good, but I’m not getting a warm feeling on support looking at their web site. Besides, I’d rather support a UK business.
testing and designing a module take time. The system integration is the complex part with Bosch. I am in the process of testing the new gen 4 as this will mean backward compatibility.
I hope to have news soon but releasing anything will take time.

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
testing and designing a module take time. The system integration is the complex part with Bosch. I am in the process of testing the new gen 4 as this will mean backward compatibility.
I hope to have news soon but releasing anything will take time.
anything sorted or is it not going to happen for the bosch kids???

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just to give you an idea of space available on the Rail, A Camelbak Podium Dirt bottle only just fits in a Medium frame and only because the neck is smaller than usual. Hope that's useful information
img_0601-jpg.25736

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Due to the financial restraints due to C-19 this is on hold until costings and viability improve.
Sorry but further developments will progress but I cannot provide a time frame.

MB1

Dec 28, 2019
Cumbria
I took the plunge and invested in a new Bosch 500wh battery and the evoc backpack. It’s heavy when you put it on, then within a min or two you don’t notice it. It also has space for all my kit. No regrets, I can pretty much go anywhere I want now without worrying what mode I’m in. It only takes a moment to swap a battery on the trail, usually on a lunch stop.

Simps

Aug 18, 2019
Staffordshire
@MB1 Sounds like a viable solution and one I thought of too. Can you feel the battery against your back through the backpack ? Also, does it move about in the bag. Cheers.
Which bag did you get ?

MB1

Dec 28, 2019
Cumbria
@MB1 Sounds like a viable solution and one I thought of too. Can you feel the battery against your back through the backpack ? Also, does it move about in the bag. Cheers.
Which bag did you get ?
The evoc pack is designed for an ebike battery and has a solid back protector built in; so you don’t feel the battery at all and it all feels really solid. I ride some pretty rough fast downhill trails.

natwilaniwartri

Jul 1, 2020
scottish borders
well i did contact cube as thats bike i have , looked others , and likes of trek bike you buy it its like 900 pounds to get the 500 power pack and battery holder and cable , problem is the frame of cube bike dose not have the design for it way of were cable goes and well to take into a shop for them to fit is annoying and lock-down is some shops not open still or not wide public ,...........but thought wat about plug in and play that some other bikes have , so ...............is there way to get cable swap out the connector and lug it in ,...................i have no idea if it work way an internal connector works only way is my cube as cover that pops off so me could , but but wat if you get different bike still have bosch motor and want swap the booster on to that bike thats way am looking into it also different frames like hard tails and full suspension so if can us 3d prinded parts to make 1 or 2 battery mount ,.....................at moment on my cube i have double cube bottle rack using spacer that put on so 2 bottle ........so 2 power banks idea if wanted could work also , thinking about recharging it as you ride a bike using some external power i know more weight with all u get to charge at home ........................also not in uk yet is in likes of Europe parts is bosch adapter for car chargers station u can by cable for to attach to were car wouldbbe charge but its not in uk that would great for that to work so if know were car one is you can charge it with cable , thats how think a bosch connector to bosch batteries connector would plug in and go ....................i think said enough oooo and just in case am not an diy engineer so no idea if i started to try it would work

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles