TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Cloud you explain a bit?
Or it's some kind of business secret as well
There is lots of factors when load sharing power between systems. Voltage, bms data, size of batteries, type of battery etc
The list is very long and I don’t feel it’s a reliable option if people want their bikes to last and also the claims against someone who supplies a cable then you connect wrongly and cook motor or batteries.
please see attached image of a so called option. Clearly this lead has suffered high temperatures by the condition of the leads. D923B643-60C2-4862-A822-F026994E53C3.jpeg

Last edited:

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Does this extender kit break the guarantee?
Invisible to the bike electronics and should be removed in case of inspection etc
Specialized will not endorse any product they do not produce or sell.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
@TrailwattsUK I was riding with a friend today that has a '19 Levo who was bemoaning the fact that his 500wh battery is too small, and in fact did end up @ 7% on a 28mile, 4000' vert ride we did at a leisurely pace. I told him about your kit and he is curious but wanted to know if you ship to the US? He is not on the forums....

Thanks in advance

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
@TrailwattsUK I was riding with a friend today that has a '19 Levo who was bemoaning the fact that his 500wh battery is too small, and in fact did end up @ 7% on a 28mile, 4000' vert ride we did at a leisurely pace. I told him about your kit and he is curious but wanted to know if you ship to the US? He is not on the forums....

Thanks in advance
Yes I ship globally including USA?

foley321

Feb 3, 2022
Hi guys, hope everyone is enjoying the snow and mud.

Hopefully doing a ride with Rob soon, to show him the booster battery packs I make and also to catch up on the latest 2019 Levo.

Would love people’s feedback on having an extra 252wh or 378wh booster pack.

Hope to meet and ride with a lot of members?
Ride the trails longer ?

Hi guys, hope everyone is enjoying the snow and mud.

Hopefully doing a ride with Rob soon, to show him the booster battery packs I make and also to catch up on the latest 2019 Levo.

Would love people’s feedback on having an extra 252wh or 378wh booster pack.

Hope to meet and ride with a lot of members?
Ride the trails longer ?
hi, i have a 2019 turbo levo comp carbom with a 500 w battery, intested in you range extender, do you sell something that will fit

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi Graham I have one of ur 378w kits fitted on my gen1 levo what would I need to install it on a gen2 levo alu in large
Cheers
Unfortunately the 378wh will not fit into the Gen 2 frame. So you would need the 252wh Gen 2 booster kit.

Tim22

Jan 15, 2020
Boise, Id
I just purchased a new 252wh from a friend. Its new. Can I cut and shorten the wires and shrink tube them to fit in the small cavity a little cleaner? Any problem doing this? A lot of excess wires.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I just purchased a new 252wh from a friend. Its new. Can I cut and shorten the wires and shrink tube them to fit in the small cavity a little cleaner? Any problem doing this? A lot of excess wires.
No, as the lengths provide a safety measure if something goes wrong(fall and eject battery) and voltage flows better through matched lengths.
There has been no issue with fitment in the motor recess by customers.
Which bike is it for?
See the webshop pictures as the cable loops over the cage behind battery on Gen 2 bikes.

Tim22

Jan 15, 2020
Boise, Id
No, as the lengths provide a safety measure if something goes wrong(fall and eject battery) and voltage flows better through matched lengths.
There has been no issue with fitment in the motor recess by customers.
Which bike is it for?
See the webshop pictures as the cable loops over the cage behind battery on Gen 2 bikes.

2020 Levo Comp. I got all the wires etc stuffed and it works fine. Was just curious if I could. It's tight in there. Thanks

duwi2mex

May 25, 2019
Germany
Does anyone want to sell such a range extender for the old (2018) Turbo Levo FSR?
I just did a test ride with a Gen3 Levo today and decided to keep my money and the old bike instead. That leaves some money for upgrades...

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Does anyone want to sell such a range extender for the old (2018) Turbo Levo FSR?
I just did a test ride with a Gen3 Levo today and decided to keep my money and the old bike instead. That leaves some money for upgrades...
Unfortunately you cannot adapt system as it’s completely different.

duwi2mex

May 25, 2019
Germany
Apologies for the confusion. I still have an old Turbo Levo FSR MY2018 and was wondering whether anyone has a used range extender for that bike for sale.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
@trailwatts What's the deal with the 2022 Levos? Will there be a kit for them? Will the older batteries work with a new wiring harness? Thanks and keep up the good work!
You could use your current battery but I would need the bike to complete installation due to motor removal etc.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Yeah that kinda sucks. Especially since we live in USA. There is another company making them for 3rd gen
If customers are happy to remove motor and supply power harness to me as the main harness is £249.99 here in UK.
This brings the potential kit price from £699.99 to £949.98 (power harness included) which is not viable.

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic
@TrailwattsUK Hi, as my 5 years old Levo battery doesn't have its original 504Wh capacity anymore, I am thinking about TW range extender once again :). Few questions though as I am little bit confused from provided pictures on the website/eshop:
  1. so 252Wh kits for ALU Gen1 LEVO looks like this now (have levo, not kenevo)? All kits has that battery indicator on the side and there is no "bottle" shaped kit with USB on top anymore? I don't see any option to select this on your eshop, so just want to be sure.
    402841667_18115282672336241_6241797172942037572_n.jpg
  2. Such kit is now automatically provided with additional top motor cover with pre-drilled hole for the cable on the front?
  3. what is the weight of the kit?
  4. Is it necessary to use provided cage or even the standard Specialized Zee cage will securelly hold the battery?
  5. In case I would not want to ride with extender and have that "stealth" installation as seen on that FB image, the connector for disconnecting extender sits also behind that top cover? Nothing else needs to be disassembled (not meaning initial setup)? Does the kit include also some cover for that unplugged connector on side of the bike to be sure it will not get short-circuit when wet finds its way behind that cover?
  6. Is there chance, that if I get newer bike in the future for which you will also sell extenders at that time, that I will just be able to purchase new cable kit and use battery from original kit? (Considering it will fit to bike frame of course).
  7. I don't see field to input discount voucher on the site. This offer is no longer valid?
Thanks!

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
@TrailwattsUK Hi, as my 5 years old Levo battery doesn't have its original 504Wh capacity anymore, I am thinking about TW range extender once again :). Few questions though as I am little bit confused from provided pictures on the website/eshop:
  1. so 252Wh kits for ALU Gen1 LEVO looks like this now (have levo, not kenevo)? All kits has that battery indicator on the side and there is no "bottle" shaped kit with USB on top anymore? I don't see any option to select this on your eshop, so just want to be sure. View attachment 130315
  2. Such kit is now automatically provided with additional top motor cover with pre-drilled hole for the cable on the front?
  3. what is the weight of the kit?
  4. Is it necessary to use provided cage or even the standard Specialized Zee cage will securelly hold the battery?
  5. In case I would not want to ride with extender and have that "stealth" installation as seen on that FB image, the connector for disconnecting extender sits also behind that top cover? Nothing else needs to be disassembled (not meaning initial setup)? Does the kit include also some cover for that unplugged connector on side of the bike to be sure it will not get short-circuit when wet finds its way behind that cover?
  6. Is there chance, that if I get newer bike in the future for which you will also sell extenders at that time, that I will just be able to purchase new cable kit and use battery from original kit? (Considering it will fit to bike frame of course).
  7. I don't see field to input discount voucher on the site. This offer is no longer valid?
Thanks!
We can provide a USB topped battery if requested.

Notched Top cover is supplied with kit.

Booster battery is 1.4kg

You must use cage provided to support the booster battery.

You can disconnect the booster and fit your factory cover if not using the booster.
No harm will come to the connector (sealed with supplied cap)

Gen 2 and 3 bikes can be adapted for at extra cost for harness etc

We have discounted kits without code required for December.

Class 9 hazmat shipping to EU covers 3 kits to single address for £129.99

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles