Trail Watts Booster Battery Systems

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
am looking at this with interest- how well does it work if you only want to user the standard battery. -do you simply remove the booster and keep the joint loom? And does it come off to charge, or charges on the bike? Same charger as Levo or a different one? And without diodes, how do you stop a fully charged Levo battery charing up a depleted booster, should that happen?
thanks.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
am looking at this with interest- how well does it work if you only want to user the standard battery. -do you simply remove the booster and keep the joint loom? And does it come off to charge, or charges on the bike? Same charger as Levo or a different one? And without diodes, how do you stop a fully charged Levo battery charing up a depleted booster, should that happen?
thanks.
I'm listening also :)

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi guys, you can disconnect booster at anytime and run stock battery. The booster battery has its own charger and input which can be charged in place or off the bike.
You can disconnect the loom under top cover if not using booster for riding.

My system has no diodes and is a module pcb system. Diodes product heat and damage wiring and also use wh from the battery just to function. Also there is voltage protection, stabilisation and reverse feed protection so either battery cannot affect the other or discharge etc

I hope this answers your questions ?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Kit pics

611856C1-DD9F-4CC7-A235-A181738C45DF.jpeg

C7FDAAFC-9012-41E8-8390-0AB31E8B5749.jpeg

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Unfortunately at this time I cannot disclose anything, very sorry but disclosure and legal matters are a primary concern.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Unfortunately at this time I cannot disclose anything, very sorry but disclosure and legal matters are a primary concern.

Of course, fully understood - however, when you can, make sure you break the news here first ?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I’d advise cover but if caught out then just spray contact cleaner on switch and charge port. Obviously USB on bottle version should not be used if wet. ?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Trail Watts will be intergrating Bosch systems next month, followed by Focus and then shimano/ Yamaha. Hope to have kits available this year ?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Different models require different fitment of a battery. Whether it be within a case or mounting boss. Many options ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles