Status
Not open for further replies.

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
I am curious as well. Seems the Android platform is the better one for your app. Really like the app, should I consider getting my second phone as android to take advantage of future updates?
Ive given up with the iPhone app, just keeps crashing and disconnecting even after latest update.
Purchased a 2nd hand Samsung S6 to use on the bike and Blevo works much better on it and is nicer in horizontal mode. iPhone sits in my backpack as a phone.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I am curious as well. Seems the Android platform is the better one for your app. Really like the app, should I consider getting my second phone as android to take advantage of future updates?
Android is easier to develop.. the map features are better implemented in Android in order to use an Android phone on the handlebar.
I always suggest to buy a second low cost Android phone (100 euro) to use it only for BLEvo.. It is very dangerous and more expensive to use an iPhone on the handlebar..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ive given up with the iPhone app, just keeps crashing and disconnecting even after latest update.
Purchased a 2nd hand Samsung S6 to use on the bike and Blevo works much better on it and is nicer in horizontal mode. iPhone sits in my backpack as a phone.
Thanks for the update... and sorry for your crash..

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
What are you guys with stock 19's using for wheel circumference? the Blevo manual says 2300mm but when i measured mine it was 2385mm.

also, looking for a cheap HR monitor that works with Blevo

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
What are you guys with stock 19's using for wheel circumference? the Blevo manual says 2300mm but when i measured mine it was 2385mm.

Depending on your tire pressure and your weight this may vary, so measuring is the only way to adjust it accurately...

I just bought the cheapest Bluetooth LE one off amazon.
Ultrasport for 10€. Is now up to 40€, no clue what happened there.
battery holds up since weeks.
Works perfect, never lost connection or missed a beat as It seems, even if I wear it all day to make some connections with other health data (But that’s not with BLEvo). I am using iOS, while reading reviews it seems people having trouble on android phones with some combinations of phone/hr reader.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
my 80$ polar h10 works perfectly w blevo and android. the h7 is 50$ how cheap do u need? the wahoo is only like 50$ also ya? all 3 are considered very acccurate?

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA

I'm in the USA and bought the CooSpo Fitness Tracker which is on Paolo's compatibility list. So far so good but make sure to pair it using Blevo, not through your phones bluetooth settings.

As for tire circumference, 2385 mm sure sounds big. How did you measure? I prefer rolling along a tape measure while sitting on the bike, just like how you ride it. Off the bike is 25 mm longer! On my 2019 Comp with stock Butchers I get 2314 mm, close to the factory 2300. Tape measuring the dia. x Pi = 2362, closer to your 2385 so maybe that's how you measured?

mclydeg

Jun 3, 2019
Phoenix AZ USA
Android is easier to develop.. the map features are better implemented in Android in order to use an Android phone on the handlebar.
I always suggest to buy a second low cost Android phone (100 euro) to use it only for BLEvo.. It is very dangerous and more expensive to use an iPhone on the handlebar..

Do you have plans to allow the horizontal (rotated) view on the iPhone ??

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I have a series 4 non cellular and the heart rate looks to track correctly in the activities app.
On a related note, because I have the activity running on my watch and then Strava also adds the activity to apple health all my totals are doubled. How do you get around that? Just not allow strava to add its activities to the app?

Sorry for the late reply...

Yes, exactly and instead allow BLEvo to access my Strava to enable auto upload once I finish a ride

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I was out riding with Blevo and my BV6000. One question:
When I am riding and need to change something, for example HR level for assistance, I pause and go back to the Configuration menu. When I go back to Bike monitor to continue the ride I sometimes have problem getting the phone to connect to both bike and HR monitor again. Am I doing it wrong or is it possible to make Blevo stay in contact with Bluetooth stuff even when paused? Yesterday I could not get in contact with my HR monitor again after a pause for example.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I was out riding with Blevo and my BV6000. One question:
When I am riding and need to change something, for example HR level for assistance, I pause and go back to the Configuration menu. When I go back to Bike monitor to continue the ride I sometimes have problem getting the phone to connect to both bike and HR monitor again. Am I doing it wrong or is it possible to make Blevo stay in contact with Bluetooth stuff even when paused? Yesterday I could not get in contact with my HR monitor again after a pause for example.
When you pause the ride, you go to the main menu or you stay in the bike monitor? You can change the parameters with the 3 dots in the up-right.. in this case the Bluetooth keeps the connection.
In any case BLEvo should reconnect with hrm..

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
my 80$ polar h10 works perfectly w blevo and android. the h7 is 50$ how cheap do u need? the wahoo is only like 50$ also ya? all 3 are considered very acccurate?

I see that Paolo's list is mostly chest based monitors. Perhaps i might prefer a forearm based one. Any recommendations there? Its between the Wahoo TickerX and Polar and Schulse again.

RobertD

Jan 21, 2019
Weston-super-Mare
I have just released the new version 3.5.2 of BLEvo for Android ..
Here are the news:

- Optimized Bluetooth connection
- Added description with BLEvo statistics uploading to Strava
- MAPBOX map type added
- Added possibilities to overlay images to the map from the CSV
- Now if the SpeedMultiplier is greater than 1, it displays the maximum speed you get
- Added the choice of color and the size of the arrow on the map

Hi, I am on Android v3.5.3. I can change the colour of the arrow on the map but the size does not change it is always very small. Just thought I would let you know. On the donation page in your app the paypal interface is in Italian, can you do an English version so that I can support you Paolo? Thanks Robert.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I see that Paolo's list is mostly chest based monitors. Perhaps i might prefer a forearm based one. Any recommendations there? Its between the Wahoo TickerX and Polar and Schulse again.
The chest mounted is the best. It’s always a compromise with an arm one, especially for bike riding. It might not work at all due to the vibrations.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi, I am on Android v3.5.3. I can change the colour of the arrow on the map but the size does not change it is always very small. Just thought I would let you know. On the donation page in your app the paypal interface is in Italian, can you do an English version so that I can support you Paolo? Thanks Robert.
I saw the bug.. you need to restart the bike monitor to activate the changes..
About Paypal page, I need to check if it is possible to have the page in multi language..

WoZei

Apr 18, 2019
Germany
Hi Paolo,

I'm afraid, that I found another bug in the latest version. The change of the presets doesn't work any longer. So if I start a tour with one preset and I want to switch to another one, blevo would say, that the preset is switched, but it isn't. The only way to change my rate of support, is to change it during the driving in the bike monitor. Did you already realize this?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I'm afraid, that I found another bug in the latest version. The change of the presets doesn't work any longer. So if I start a tour with one preset and I want to switch to another one, blevo would say, that the preset is switched, but it isn't. The only way to change my rate of support, is to change it during the driving in the bike monitor. Did you already realize this?
Could you write exctly your procedure?
Do you pause the tour?
Do you change the settimg with the tour active?
If you can send a video to [email protected] it is better..
Thanks..

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
Hi Paolo,

is it just that you have to turn the bike off then back on after making the change? ?‍♂️?

Tathagata

May 15, 2019
Adelaide, Australia
loving it! won't work with a quad lock mount - use the GLUB or a stretchy silicone one. both have worked fine for me.
I use it with quad lock. That mount is awesome.
I didn't cut the back of the bv6000 out, but just trimmed the rubber down (I didn't want to cut thru the rubber and lose waterproofness) . Then used a good epoxy to glue the mount pad onto the phone. Works like a dream.
Get home from a muddy ride and wash the phone under the tap, is great!

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I didn't cut the back of the bv6000 out, but just trimmed the rubber down (I didn't want to cut thru the rubber and lose waterproofness) . Then used a good epoxy to glue the mount pad onto the phone. Works like a dream.
really? i will consider that for sure. my glub is not working right now, as i installed some surly sunrise bars that have a cross-bar. maybe i can use the quadlock? right now, im using a janky silicone stem mount. it’s working, but not ideal. hmmm, epoxy and a little modification... thank you sir?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for sharing your experience.. Could you share also some image about the installation? Thanks..

Tathagata

May 15, 2019
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for sharing your experience.. Could you share also some image about the installation? Thanks..
Yeah no probs.
I do a lot of rough/rocky riding so wanted to make sure it could handle this.
Unfortunately I didn't take pics as I went, but this is how it looks now.

I used a sharp knife to trim the two ridges on the back of the bv6000s until they were flat. Took a bit of time and care, but you can get then pretty flat and not go thru the rubber underneath.

Once I got it kinda flat I used Shelley's all fix. It's really strong but doesn't crack, gives it a little flaxibility once bonded.
Held it together overnight with a couple of clamps (gently).

That's it. Seems to work great so far. Display doesn't shake and is easy to read even when downhill.

Also. I love blevo. This little app completely changed my riding experience. Atm I'm trying different settings for saving battery on long rides and/or full turbo blast for an hour at my local.

Just need to get some decent maps. The ones I'm using as std in blevo are pretty poor and I find I'm always having to check trailforks.

Great job Paolo and thanks man.

IMG_20190716_140506.jpg

IMG_20190816_113235.jpg

IMG_20190816_113338.jpg

IMG_20190814_123046.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yeah no probs.
I do a lot of rough/rocky riding so wanted to make sure it could handle this.
Unfortunately I didn't take pics as I went, but this is how it looks now.

I used a sharp knife to trim the two ridges on the back of the bv6000s until they were flat. Took a bit of time and care, but you can get then pretty flat and not go thru the rubber underneath.

Once I got it kinda flat I used Shelley's all fix. It's really strong but doesn't crack, gives it a little flaxibility once bonded.
Held it together overnight with a couple of clamps (gently).

That's it. Seems to work great so far. Display doesn't shake and is easy to read even when downhill.

Also. I love blevo. This little app completely changed my riding experience. Atm I'm trying different settings for saving battery on long rides and/or full turbo blast for an hour at my local.

Just need to get some decent maps. The ones I'm using as std in blevo are pretty poor and I find I'm always having to check trailforks.

Great job Paolo and thanks man.

View attachment 17164

View attachment 17165

View attachment 17166

View attachment 17167
Thanks very much..
Maybe I will do what you did..
About the map, I can suggest to you the Andromap.. download the full map (more or lessless 1gb) and you don't any problem without connection.. the quality is good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles