Status
Not open for further replies.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi Paolo
still nothing has registered on Strava. Any idea???

thanks
Strava servers has been down all day today so maybe that’s why it haven’t uploaded.
I had the same issue from Garmin today but it seems to be fixed by now, maybe you need to upload the fit file manually.

Karsten

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
I’ve done two commutes today with BLEvo and they’ve both tracked my heart rate from the Apple Watch at 68bpm. I’m pressing start on BLEvo then starting an outdoor ride in the activities app on the watch. Has anyone else successfully fixes this issue? Should I start the Apple Watch activity first?
Cheers

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I’ve done two commutes today with BLEvo and they’ve both tracked my heart rate from the Apple Watch at 68bpm. I’m pressing start on BLEvo then starting an outdoor ride in the activities app on the watch. Has anyone else successfully fixes this issue? Should I start the Apple Watch activity first?
Cheers
@Stumpy do you know why? What is you procedure?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Cheers

@Stumpy do you know why? What is you procedure?

Hi @Hitby, yes, I always start an ‘open’ outdoor cycle on the Apple Watch first and BLEvo works well (with smart HR) for me following that.

Neil Reid

Jun 23, 2018
uk
Any body still having Strava problems ? Still can’t get up loads to show. Emailed them waiting for a response
Thanks

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi @Hitby, yes, I always start an ‘open’ outdoor cycle on the Apple Watch first and BLEvo works well (with smart HR) for me following that.

Well, my watch ran out of battery on the way to work but on the way home, fully charged. Started watch workout first them started BLEvo - it picked up my heart rate, stuck it in my pocket and it tracked at 68bpm for the whole ride again. A bit disappointing. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
i have poor experience with blevo as a whole on my iphone, with both apple watch hr monitor or the recommended HRM from Blevo. it's just too unreliable and slow to react even for cross country use.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
My experience with BLEvo smart HR and Apple Watch (4 with cellular paired with a iPhone XS max) is the opposite and all works well 95% (subjective and not empirical) of the time. The other 5% is when BLEvo loses the HR signal from the watch. However, in checking the health app on the iPhone the same data is missing and therefore not it’s a BLEvo issue (IMO).

NB: I’ve not used the latest version of BLEvo but will test when I’m next able to ride.

Out of interest can @Hitby and @Bryan Wells comment on their Apple Watch model and health app data?

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
firmware updates for 2017 levo affecting BLEvo? Do I need to worry about my LBS updating my firmware and disrupting the beautiful relationship I'm having with BLEvo and my bike?

Sorry to bug, @PaoloBLEvo and @Maastricht, but I have to take my 2017 in to the LBS to have them fiddle with my bike. It's not switching levels of assist and the battery lights are not showing the charge level. I used SpecyDefault to re-set before connecting to Mission Control. I'm concerned that a firmware update could mess up BLEvo. I haven't been on the forum lately, so I am not up-to-date on the discussion. I"m currently on 4.0.1 on the motor and 2.17.1 for the battery according to mission control.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Mission Control has the total odometer reading on the diagnose page but I don't see an equivalent in BLEvo. Am I missing it? Would be nice to see without having to launch MC.

Paolo, if not in BLEvo, is this something you can add to a future release?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Mission Control has the total odometer reading on the diagnose page but I don't see an equivalent in BLEvo. Am I missing it? Would be nice to see without having to launch MC.

Paolo, if not in BLEvo, is this something you can add to a future release?
If you go in the battery monitor, you can find the total km done..

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
My experience with BLEvo smart HR and Apple Watch (4 with cellular paired with a iPhone XS max) is the opposite and all works well 95% (subjective and not empirical) of the time. The other 5% is when BLEvo loses the HR signal from the watch. However, in checking the health app on the iPhone the same data is missing and therefore not it’s a BLEvo issue (IMO).

NB: I’ve not used the latest version of BLEvo but will test when I’m next able to ride.

Out of interest can @Hitby and @Bryan Wells comment on their Apple Watch model and health app data?

I have a series 4 non cellular and the heart rate looks to track correctly in the activities app.
On a related note, because I have the activity running on my watch and then Strava also adds the activity to apple health all my totals are doubled. How do you get around that? Just not allow strava to add its activities to the app?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, I found the battery monitor but the odometer is in kilometers even though I have it configured for miles. The temperature is fahrenheit which is correct.
BLEvo v3.5.1 on Android
Ok.. I will fix the convertion in miles... thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
As far as I know it’s not possible to do a software unlock any more. You’ll need a hardware device like the velociraptor or the planetary gear thingummy.
You are right.. Until know only hardware or mechanical solutions..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released the new version 3.5.2 of BLEvo for Android ..
Here are the news:

- Optimized Bluetooth connection
- Added description with BLEvo statistics uploading to Strava
- MAPBOX map type added
- Added possibilities to overlay images to the map from the CSV
- Now if the SpeedMultiplier is greater than 1, it displays the maximum speed you get
- Added the choice of color and the size of the arrow on the map
- Added the choice of zoom step on the map
- Bugfix: restore service values when not in Smart Power
- Fixed Label Biker / Battery in the tour map (now it's wh biker / wh tot)
- Now set the GPS speed only if the bike is not connected or is off (not 2019). Avoid the calculation of ascents in the gondola
- Now if the CSV file is small, the graphic in the bike monitor is loaded in high resolution
- Added configuration to remove the initial BLEvo message
- Added information on the KMs made and the status of the battery in the bike monitor
- Updated Andromap style
- Added Strava configuration in the BLEvo configuration menu
- Added Good GPS counter in the CSV
- Now on the increase of manual assistance, the steps are not broken, that is, if it is +5 a multiple of 5 always remains

Update from Google Play and let me know if you have problems.
Good lap with BLEvo ..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I have just released the new version 3.5.2 of BLEvo for Android ..
Here are the news:

- Optimized Bluetooth connection
- Added description with BLEvo statistics uploading to Strava
- MAPBOX map type added
- Added possibilities to overlay images to the map from the CSV
- Now if the SpeedMultiplier is greater than 1, it displays the maximum speed you get
- Added the choice of color and the size of the arrow on the map
- Added the choice of zoom step on the map
- Bugfix: restore service values when not in Smart Power
- Fixed Label Biker / Battery in the tour map (now it's wh biker / wh tot)
- Now set the GPS speed only if the bike is not connected or is off (not 2019). Avoid the calculation of ascents in the gondola
- Now if the CSV file is small, the graphic in the bike monitor is loaded in high resolution
- Added configuration to remove the initial BLEvo message
- Added information on the KMs made and the status of the battery in the bike monitor
- Updated Andromap style
- Added Strava configuration in the BLEvo configuration menu
- Added Good GPS counter in the CSV
- Now on the increase of manual assistance, the steps are not broken, that is, if it is +5 a multiple of 5 always remains

Update from Google Play and let me know if you have problems.
Good lap with BLEvo ..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it
It seems to connect much faster with the bike now. (y)(y) Hopefully the connection is more stable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles