Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Horizontal BM 4+1+1+4
NFI what that all means, but i tried all modes and that seemed best.

It means Horizontal Bike Monitor where you can customize 4 datafields on the left side of the screen, 2 (1+1) in the middle of the screen and 4 on the right side of the screen. So you can customize 10 datafields in total according to your preferences.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
How accurate are you guys finding the speedo vs gps speed? I found i need to max the wheel diameter to 2400mm to get them the closest and even then the speedo is 10% faster than the GPS speed

Last edited:

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
How come? When I go out with my bike I always use BLEVO smart power. My Phone is always in my pocket. As dashboard I use my Garmin edge 1000. At the end of the ride there is a difference of 10% in distance between the Garmin and BLEVO. BLEVO says always around 10% more. The Garmin uses GPS and BLEVO uses the bikewheel sensor. I already checked the wheel circumference three times.
Has anywone an idee?

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Turbo Levo on order.

I am an iPhone user and when I ride, I use a Garmin 520. The 520 then uploads to Strava through my iPhone. I imagine I will also be using Mission Control on the iPhone.

I want to play with Blevo for the heart-rate function and whatever else it is useful for, except wouldn't use it for maps I don't think.

Do I buy the iPhone version, which I read was missing many features, or do I find some old Android phone that I would never normally use and get Blevo for that and have to deal with not having cellular data on it and stuff?

Last edited:

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
...As dashboard I use my Garmin edge 1000. At the end of the ride there is a difference of 10% in distance between the Garmin and BLEVO. BLEVO says always around 10% more. The Garmin uses GPS and BLEVO uses the bikewheel sensor. ...
What Levo are you riding? 2019 with TCU? Can you modify the circumfance or do you have newer TCU software? Do you use any speed-modification device?
What I would do:
Check the value of circumfence in Specialized Mission Control App and see if it is correct.
If so, connect the Levo to Edge 1000 as ANT+ speed sensor and see if speed and distance equals then to the BLEvo values.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
How come? When I go out with my bike I always use BLEVO smart power. My Phone is always in my pocket. As dashboard I use my Garmin edge 1000. At the end of the ride there is a difference of 10% in distance between the Garmin and BLEVO. BLEVO says always around 10% more. The Garmin uses GPS and BLEVO uses the bikewheel sensor. I already checked the wheel circumference three times.
Has anywone an idee?

If you trust GPS distance more than the BLEvo wheel circumference measurement you could also choose within BLEvo configuration page to use GPS distance instead bike sensor. I must say I trust BLEvo wheel circumference setting so I don't use the GPS distance option.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Turbo Levo on order.

I am an iPhone user and when I ride, I use a Garmin 520. The 520 then uploads to Strava through my iPhone. I imagine I will also be using Mission Control on the iPhone.

I want to play with Blevo for the heart-rate function and whatever else it is useful for, except wouldn't use it for maps I don't think.

Do I buy the iPhone version, which I read was missing many features, or do I find some old Android phone that I would never normally use and get Blevo for that and have to deal with not having cellular data on it and stuff?

Hi,

I am an iPhone user as well. When first starting to use BLEvo I used my iPhone on the handle bars. A few disadvantages:
- Relative expensive phone on the handle bars in case of a crash
- BLEvo ios version has slightly less features than Android version (for example barometer is missing)
- iPhone battery is sufficient on long rides when you like to keep the display always on (you can also let the display off to save battery)

After buying a powerbank first, I came to the conclusion I could better buy the BV6000 per Paolo's advise. I use the BV6000 only as a bike display for running BLEvo. With the BV6000 you will enjoy (according to my experience) the best BLEvo experience. You don't need to insert a cell phone card. You can download the very high quality OpenAndroMaps. I downloaded whole Europe just once.

I would also recommend to buy the O_Synce remote. During riding I never touch the BV6000. I can control most functions via the remote. I have understood that O_Synce seems to have a delivery issue. Hopefully the remotes are available soon again.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Did you measure the wheel circumference while sitting on the bike?

I measured it off the bike, but tried both minimum setting 2200mm (from memory) and maximum 2400mm. 2400mm was the closest to GPS but still 10% greater.

No idea if the odometer reading is also incorrect

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Wheel circumference is way better than GPS for trail use due to the tight turns that are missed by GPS. I use a Garmin speed sensor on my manual bike for this reason.

As for BV6000 - ok. Maybe that. Or maybe a free old Nexus 5 from a friend with a $12 battery replacement? Not sure.

I was thinking of just keeping the iPhone in my pocket though and not seeing the display when I ride since I have my Garmin 520 display to look at. Or if I was running Blevo would I just not want to use my Garmin at all?

And do I use Mission Control for the Strava upload or my Garmin 520 for the Strava upload?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I disabled csv file creation in settings. Now when I like to see a map of the ride I can’t. Is it possible to create after a ride is finished?
I understand I need to have it enabled from now on but I like to see graphs of a previous ride.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Wheel circumference is way better than GPS for trail use due to the tight turns that are missed by GPS. I use a Garmin speed sensor on my manual bike for this reason.

As for BV6000 - ok. Maybe that. Or maybe a free old Nexus 5 from a friend with a $12 battery replacement? Not sure.

I was thinking of just keeping the iPhone in my pocket though and not seeing the display when I ride since I have my Garmin 520 display to look at. Or if I was running Blevo would I just not want to use my Garmin at all?

And do I use Mission Control for the Strava upload or my Garmin 520 for the Strava upload?

Wheel circumference is way better than GPS for trail use due to the tight turns that are missed by GPS. I use a Garmin speed sensor on my manual bike for this reason. -> This might also explain the differences @Groene005 was referring to above.

BV6000 is waterproof too but you don't need to attach it on the handle bars as long to enjoy the smart HR and leg power features of BLEvo.

I only use BLEvo. After using it once I didn't feel the need to buy an expensive Garmin or use MC. The map quality (OpenAndroMaps) of BLEvo is really good and detailed. You can upload to Strava immediately from BLEvo.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Anyone have a BV5500? They cost less and have a newer version of Android (8). They are 3G only though, which would not matter to me since I wouldn't pay for service for it. Not sure if it has the pressure sensor?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Anyone have a BV5500? They cost less and have a newer version of Android (8). They are 3G only though, which would not matter to me since I wouldn't pay for service for it. Not sure if it has the pressure sensor?

The BV5500 is very interesting but it doesn't contain a barometer. You can also check the specs of the BV6000S if the BV6000 is too expensive. By the way the battery of both are excellent. I can ride almost all day with it while keeping the screen always on.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Has anywone an idee?

Mine is closer to a 20% difference that I have given up on trying to figure out.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
You don’t want the bike to match the GPS. GPS is always going to be both less accurate and less distance indicated.

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
Bought the Blevo app on Tuesday. Went on and played around with the Speed Setting. Went for a ride, didnt affect speed....

...Sat am, took to LBS, for some suspension work. Asked him to hook up to Computer foe Shits and Grins. Computer wouldn't recognize my bike.

...any thoughts? This is a late release 18, with I beleive the 2.1 motor.

Ace

mkbauer

Mar 4, 2019
Karlsruhe, Germany
Hey! I've been using Blevo (iOS version) with a Levo 2019 for a while now. I really like the SmartPower function, because it keeps me a bit more involved :)

Yesterday, I was doing a long ride with some pretty hard climbs. On one of those I got demotivated (I was tired and that part of the ride went through a not very interesting area, just a plain boring road going up the hill), so I wanted a bit more support for that section, so I switched one assistance level up (from Smart Eco to Smart Trail) but that really did not give me that much more engine support. I am not really clear on why that happened... I suspect that I was not motivated enough to put in the 180W required to get some additional "push", which I was previously putting in while riding in Smart Eco!?

What would be the correct way of adjusting this? Raising the lower (and maybe even the upper) assistance percentages for Smart Trail? Decreasing the power level for Smart Trail (maybe from 180W to 160W)?

If decreasing the power level just for Smart Trail to 160W would be the proposed solution -- how would I do that on iOS? It seems that I can only adjust it "globally", i.e. for all assistance levels!? BTW, I also haven't found out how to change the "reactivity", the slider in the Smart Power settings can't be moved...

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hey! I've been using Blevo (iOS version) with a Levo 2019 for a while now. I really like the SmartPower function, because it keeps me a bit more involved :)

Yesterday, I was doing a long ride with some pretty hard climbs. On one of those I got demotivated (I was tired and that part of the ride went through a not very interesting area, just a plain boring road going up the hill), so I wanted a bit more support for that section, so I switched one assistance level up (from Smart Eco to Smart Trail) but that really did not give me that much more engine support. I am not really clear on why that happened... I suspect that I was not motivated enough to put in the 180W required to get some additional "push", which I was previously putting in while riding in Smart Eco!?

What would be the correct way of adjusting this? Raising the lower (and maybe even the upper) assistance percentages for Smart Trail? Decreasing the power level for Smart Trail (maybe from 180W to 160W)?

If decreasing the power level just for Smart Trail to 160W would be the proposed solution -- how would I do that on iOS? It seems that I can only adjust it "globally", i.e. for all assistance levels!? BTW, I also haven't found out how to change the "reactivity", the slider in the Smart Power settings can't be moved...

Thanks for any help.

Underneath an example of my settings:
1566155530694.png

These will give you in Eco a smart range between 1% and 30% and in Trail 2% until 79%. Sometimes I learned also not to use Smart HR and not connect it to smart power to save battery. In these case I just use Smart Power. So in the 2nd screenshot you then deselect "Smart HR active".

Turbo just 100% but rarely use it.

The settings above give you smart power with a cap at 30% in Eco to save as much battery as possible for a long ride. In Trail almost provide the whole range up to 79%.

When I ride with non emtb group I limit eco even to smart power with a max of 10% or 15%.

Then I also use the o_synce remote control to adjust the set leg power during the ride.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
So yeah. What percent is enough to just cancel out the extra 20 lbs of weight?

And where can I learn what smart power does without reading back to post 0?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Bought the Blevo app on Tuesday. Went on and played around with the Speed Setting. Went for a ride, didnt affect speed....

...Sat am, took to LBS, for some suspension work. Asked him to hook up to Computer foe Shits and Grins. Computer wouldn't recognize my bike.

...any thoughts? This is a late release 18, with I beleive the 2.1 motor.

Ace

Are you speaking about Levo model year 2019? If so, yes, this could be possible as Specialized blocked the wheel circumference setting.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Ive given up with the iPhone app, just keeps crashing and disconnecting even after latest update.
Purchased a 2nd hand Samsung S6 to use on the bike and Blevo works much better on it and is nicer in horizontal mode. iPhone sits in my backpack as a phone.

There is an IPhone App?? What is it called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles