Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
So which setting can I use with the new battery that has a similar feel to the madness setting on the old battery?
Thanks, Paolo
The app you have designed and the amount of advice you give is absolutely amazing
Sorry but nothing is similar to madness.. you can reach something similar with Smart Power and special settings of dynamic legs power..

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Chaps - just to be clear (as I'm not from page discussing this linked below) if you want to run a different size wheel in the 2019 (or even a significantly different tyre which would still change diameter) am I right in understanding that this can *only* be changed by a dealer??

ie the user cannot change this simply in Mission Control or Blevo?

If so that seems nuts as surely the speed reading/date/range etc will be out otherwise and to have to trawl round to Berkshire Cycles every time would be a PITA to say the least?

The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Joeyrotundo

Apr 13, 2019
Canada , Vancouver Island
Hi Paolo,
I am really enjoying your app!
I really like the voice prompts more than I thought I would.

Is there a was to get a "time of day" announcement with the power setting and battery mode ,when you hit the switch ?

I know you can get the time with the distance or set battery level ect. but I would love if I could get the time of day when I change from eco-trail-turbo
(With level of assistance ,battery ect.)

Thank you so much for your work,
It really has made the overall experience much better.?
I am looking forward to trying it with a HR monitor at some point as well.

Cheers
Joey

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,
I am really enjoying your app!
I really like the voice prompts more than I thought I would.

Is there a was to get a "time of day" announcement with the power setting and battery mode ,when you hit the switch ?

I know you can get the time with the distance or set battery level ect. but I would love if I could get the time of day when I change from eco-trail-turbo
(With level of assistance ,battery ect.)

Thank you so much for your work,
It really has made the overall experience much better.?
I am looking forward to trying it with a HR monitor at some point as well.

Cheers
Joey
Ok.. easy to add..

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Hi Paolo. @PaoloBLEvo Referring to my post above and your PM - speed can be changed in blevo but this will not affect MC so MC will read wrong and speed limit will be lower than 25kph and nothing can be done about all this? Is that it in a nutshell?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo. @PaoloBLEvo Referring to my post above and your PM - speed can be changed in blevo but this will not affect MC so MC will read wrong and speed limit will be lower than 25kph and nothing can be done about all this? Is that it in a nutshell?
Only the dealer can set the correct wheel size in your bike (and so in MC)..

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Only the dealer can set the correct wheel size in your bike (and so in MC)..

Thanks Paolo. Sorry for asking but not familiar enough with Blevo yet but if I set it to match my *actual* circumference in Blevo will Blevo remember this every time I turn it on and off? And Blevo will give the correct speed/range/readouts etc? I just need to forget using MC if I want accuracy?

One final question - what does MC default to in circumference and do you have a way to see how much the speed % would be affected against another figure. ie diameter being say 20mm less or whatever? Thanks again for your advice. :)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks Paolo. Sorry for asking but not familiar enough with Blevo yet but if I set it to match my *actual* circumference in Blevo will Blevo remember this every time I turn it on and off? And Blevo will give the correct speed/range/readouts etc? I just need to forget using MC if I want accuracy?

One final question - what does MC default to in circumference and do you have a way to see how much the speed % would be affected against another figure. ie diameter being say 20mm less or whatever? Thanks again for your advice. :)
Maybe if you read here, you can learn more about wheel size and speed limit

Wheel size and speed limit clarification

Ciao.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Maybe if you read here, you can learn more about wheel size and speed limit

Wheel size and speed limit clarification

Ciao.

Yes, I did read that last night but maybe I'm dumb ;) but it's still not clear to me. That is an old post and seems to be concerned with older pre '2019 Levos for the purpose of fooling the speed limit which is irrelevant to those with the newer Levos as we cannot do this.

If you could just answer the below on here? :)

...if I set it to match my *actual* circumference in Blevo [ON THE LATEST 2019 LEVO] will Blevo remember this every time I turn it on and off? And Blevo will give the correct speed/range/readouts etc? I just need to forget using MC if I want accuracy?

[And does setting the wheel size in Blevo communicate this to MC and also change the circumference in MC?]

One final question - what does MC default to in circumference and do you have a way to see how much the speed % would be affected against another figure. ie diameter being say 20mm less or whatever? T

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, I did read that last night but maybe I'm dumb ;) but it's still not clear to me. That is an old post and seems to be concerned with older pre '2019 Levos for the purpose of fooling the speed limit which is irrelevant to those with the newer Levos as we cannot do this.

If you could just answer the below on here? :)

...if I set it to match my *actual* circumference in Blevo [ON THE LATEST 2019 LEVO] will Blevo remember this every time I turn it on and off? And Blevo will give the correct speed/range/readouts etc? I just need to forget using MC if I want accuracy?

[And does setting the wheel size in Blevo communicate this to MC and also change the circumference in MC?]

One final question - what does MC default to in circumference and do you have a way to see how much the speed % would be affected against another figure. ie diameter being say 20mm less or whatever? T

May I try to answer your questions?

First of all it's important to understand which firmware version you have today;
1558687136550.png

When you have TCU version 2.025 and 2.026 only the dealer can modify the wheel circumference setting via the Specialized dealer portal software which is saved in the motor.

So when you are riding with the original 29'' wheelset you will most likely see a value around 2300mm. which should correspond to a cut off speed of 25km/h as you are based in the UK.

When I measure my wheel circumference exactly when sitting on the bike with the original Butcher tires I end up at 2270mm. So I have set in BLEvo the real wheelcircumference of 2270. BLEvo will then calculate the real maximum speed based on the wheel circumference setting which is entered by the dealer so if that it 2300, the real maximum speed should be ((2270/2300)*25)=24,7km/h. BLEvo just needs to know the real situation so all calculations are compensated for the difference between the wheel circumference value which is set in the motor and the wheel circumference value in reality.

So if you change to a smaller wheelset, for example 27,5'' then you measure the real wheel circumference again by sitting on the bike. This value you will enter in BLEvo. BLEvo will then recalculate the maximum speed based on the wheel setting which is still saved in the motor which you will also see in MC. If this is still 2300 than you will notice a misalligment in cut off speed. Cut off speed will be lower than 25km/h.

Specialized dealer can set wheel circumference at minimum 2000mm. When you then leave the original wheelset in the bike you will end up with a theoretical cut off maximum speed of 28,4km/h.

BLEvo does not communicate with MC. For firmware versions 2.025 and 2.026 BLEvo can only read the wheel circumference which is saved in the motor by the dealer. For firmware version 2.019 BLEvo can also overwrite the wheel circumference which is saved in the motor.

Hopefully this helps. In case of any questions left, just let us know.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
May I try to answer your questions?

First of all it's important to understand which firmware version you have today;
View attachment 14090

When you have TCU version 2.025 and 2.026 only the dealer can modify the wheel circumference setting via the Specialized dealer portal software which is saved in the motor.

So when you are riding with the original 29'' wheelset you will most likely see a value around 2300mm. which should correspond to a cut off speed of 25km/h as you are based in the UK.

When I measure my wheel circumference exactly when sitting on the bike with the original Butcher tires I end up at 2270mm. So I have set in BLEvo the real wheelcircumference of 2270. BLEvo will then calculate the real maximum speed based on the wheel circumference setting which is entered by the dealer so if that it 2300, the real maximum speed should be ((2270/2300)*25)=24,7km/h. BLEvo just needs to know the real situation so all calculations are compensated for the difference between the wheel circumference value which is set in the motor and the wheel circumference value in reality.

So if you change to a smaller wheelset, for example 27,5'' then you measure the real wheel circumference again by sitting on the bike. This value you will enter in BLEvo. BLEvo will then recalculate the maximum speed based on the wheel setting which is still saved in the motor which you will also see in MC. If this is still 2300 than you will notice a misalligment in cut off speed. Cut off speed will be lower than 25km/h.

Specialized dealer can set wheel circumference at minimum 2000mm. When you then leave the original wheelset in the bike you will end up with a theoretical cut off maximum speed of 28,4km/h.

BLEvo does not communicate with MC. For firmware versions 2.025 and 2.026 BLEvo can only read the wheel circumference which is saved in the motor by the dealer. For firmware version 2.019 BLEvo can also overwrite the wheel circumference which is saved in the motor.

Hopefully this helps. In case of any questions left, just let us know.

Thanks so much for that. Really appreciated. New bike so presume it will be latest firmware.

And if I finally understand then I can change Blevo circumference myself to make Blevo speed and data perfect but MC will remain incorrect and speed cutoff slightly lower unless dealer changes it?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks so much for that. Really appreciated. New bike so presume it will be latest firmware.

And if I finally understand then I can change Blevo circumference myself to make Blevo speed and data perfect but MC will remain incorrect and speed cutoff slightly lower unless dealer changes it?

No thanks happy to help someone else as I had more or less same questions 6 months ago and was supported by others as well.

I would really recommend that you speak with your dealer about this topic when they deliver the bike as I understood they are not very near to you and therefore it's not very practical for you to visit the dealer everytime to adjust the real wheel circumference which is saved in the motor which influences the cut off speed. From a rider experience I can tell you it makes a big difference if the motor cuts off at 24, 25 or 28km/h. So at least I would recommend, depending on the wheel set you want to ride with, that you make sure that the wheel circumference set via the dealers portal is correct. (measure when you are sitting on the bike) The minimum value is 2000mm here which corresponds to 28,4km/h when keeping the original wheelset in the bike.

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Hi there, I'm new round here so hello, can someone give me some advice on Blevo please.

I've used Blevo three times so far, and on two of those rides the app has crashed several times and the battery consumption is drastic. Today I went from 100% to 5% phone battery in a hour, and managed to capture about half of the ride due to app crashes. Its an iPhone 7, Levo TCU 3.026

My main interest is the rider power data which I'm struggling to get into my Garmin which is another story entirely!

Thanks for any help

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi there, I'm new round here so hello, can someone give me some advice on Blevo please.

I've used Blevo three times so far, and on two of those rides the app has crashed several times and the battery consumption is drastic. Today I went from 100% to 5% phone battery in a hour, and managed to capture about half of the ride due to app crashes. Its an iPhone 7, Levo TCU 3.026

My main interest is the rider power data which I'm struggling to get into my Garmin which is another story entirely!

Thanks for any help

When I started using BLEvo I used it on my iPhone 6. (meanwhile have an iPhone 8) I guess you are right battery consumption is significant if you leave the screen at full brightness and always on. You can also choose to turn off the screen or only turn it on when you need it.

When I used my iPhone 6 I also used a Topeak powerbank which I mounted on the handle bars while as you can see below the battery of your iPhone 7 isn't much bigger than the one of the iPhone 6:

1558705238148.png

Later I was talking with Paolo (the developer of BLEvo) and Paolo recommended to buy a cheap BV6000 (you can use it without sim maps can be stored offline (Android only!)) and the BLEvo Android version.

This combination works very well. I also use the optional O Synce remote. As you can see the BV6000 has a large battery. So now I never need the additional powerbank anymore.

Regarding the crashing of the ios version, very strange when I used the ios version I never had any issues. Did you close other apps? (especially Mission Control) Maybe a hard reset of the phone will help. Last week someone else also had some issues and hard reset seems to have helped.

See this post and the few posts related to it:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
No thanks happy to help someone else as I had more or less same questions 6 months ago and was supported by others as well.

I would really recommend that you speak with your dealer about this topic when they deliver the bike as I understood they are not very near to you and therefore it's not very practical for you to visit the dealer everytime to adjust the real wheel circumference which is saved in the motor which influences the cut off speed. From a rider experience I can tell you it makes a big difference if the motor cuts off at 24, 25 or 28km/h. So at least I would recommend, depending on the wheel set you want to ride with, that you make sure that the wheel circumference set via the dealers portal is correct. (measure when you are sitting on the bike) The minimum value is 2000mm here which corresponds to 28,4km/h when keeping the original wheelset in the bike.

Thanks Masstricht - you are a star. Do you measure circumference best from calculating it from the diameter or physically putting a piece of tape on the tyre and matching this on the floor then rolling forward one revolution and measuring?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Masstricht - you are a star. Do you measure circumference best from calculating it from the diameter or physically putting a piece of tape on the tyre and matching this on the floor then rolling forward one revolution and measuring?

Thanks Masstricht - you are a star. -> Thanks, I need to remind my wife... She is only complaining I am too much visiting EMTBforums... ;)

I measured it very simple. I put a piece of tape on the floor and one piece of tape on my handlebars. Then I turned my rear wheel so the valve is exactly positioned above the piece of tape on the floor. Then when sitting on the bike (with normal tire pressure) I rode one rotation forward. Then stepped of the bike. Took the piece of tape on the handle bars and put that on the floor at the position of the valve. Then I used a ruler to measure the distance between the center point of the pieces of tape.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Thanks for any help
Thanks @Maastricht for help me answering the questions..
About power consumption for iPhone, another user found a solution remove the auto brightness and adjust it manually..
In any case the BV6000 is the best solution.. expensive, but less than a Garmin..

Dajafe

Aug 5, 2018
Dorset, UK
Hi @PaoloBLEvo - loving the app. It is amazing how much extra functionality it provides for my 2018 Levo.
Also got a 2018 Vado 2.0 and have just collected it having had the BLOKS system swapped out for the TCD-W under warranty. Now can now finally connect to it using the Specialized Mission Control and it is early days but seems to work fine with BLEvo as well.
Just one thing though...it doesn't change the top speed. Is this the same issue as the 2019 models? BLEvo reports Battery SW as 3.3.4

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo - loving the app. It is amazing how much extra functionality it provides for my 2018 Levo.
Also got a 2018 Vado 2.0 and have just collected it having had the BLOKS system swapped out for the TCD-W under warranty. Now can now finally connect to it using the Specialized Mission Control and it is early days but seems to work fine with BLEvo as well.
Just one thing though...it doesn't change the top speed. Is this the same issue as the 2019 models? BLEvo reports Battery SW as 3.3.4
I never tested the Vado bike.. sorry..
Maybe Specialized removed the possibility to change the wheel size..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Finally after several days of testing I released the 3.5.0 version of BLEvo for Android. Thanks to all the testers.
In the attached photos you can see the new horizontal Bike Monitor.

Here are all the news:
- New horizontal Bike monitor
- Optimized the display of the map for horizontal monitors
- Now if the main battery is not 100% charged at start-up, the Wh available for the second battery will be related to the primary charge percentage
- Added option to remove biker power and motor power bars from the display
- Optimized GPS fix
- Bugfix: Altitude calculation with negative quotas

Minor changes:
- Negative altitudes are displayed correctly
- Added GPS Speed, GPS Distance, GPS Altitude as data field
- Added LEV coach as a remote command
- No activity restarting when the screen is rotated
- Increased arrow size on the GPX
- Bugfix: correct ascent calculation at start-up after barometer calibration
- In the CSV the ascent and descent are with a decimal
- Proper autonomy with extender battery
- Added voice message with time of day on level change
- Bugfix: map_rotate_on_stop and map_auto_lock_on_speed were not saved correctly

Screenshot_20190524-153033.png

Screenshot_20190524-154123.png

Download the update from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo
and let me know if you found issue..
Thanks and enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Just for your information..
I'm working map centered on 1/3 or 1/4 of the screen when selected the orientation in driving direction..
But there is a bug in the map library, so I have to wait the bug fix before add this functionality..
Stay tuned..

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Sorry but nothing is similar to madness.. you can reach something similar with Smart Power and special settings of dynamic legs power..
Ok so I may be a little nieve here but in the smart power settings
If I understand this correctly the higher the smart power level eg 180W the harder the rider has to pedal before he gets assistance of the motor?
So if that setting was changed down to 50W the motor would assist a lot sooner.
Is that correct?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ok so I may be a little nieve here but in the smart power settings
If I understand this correctly the higher the smart power level eg 180W the harder the rider has to pedal before he gets assistance of the motor?
So if that setting was changed down to 50W the motor would assist a lot sooner.
Is that correct?
Yes, correct..

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
Finally after several days of testing I released the 3.5.0 version of BLEvo for Android. Thanks to all the testers.
In the attached photos you can see the new horizontal Bike Monitor.

Here are all the news:
- New horizontal Bike monitor
- Optimized the display of the map for horizontal monitors
- Now if the main battery is not 100% charged at start-up, the Wh available for the second battery will be related to the primary charge percentage
- Added option to remove biker power and motor power bars from the display
- Optimized GPS fix
- Bugfix: Altitude calculation with negative quotas

Minor changes:
- Negative altitudes are displayed correctly
- Added GPS Speed, GPS Distance, GPS Altitude as data field
- Added LEV coach as a remote command
- No activity restarting when the screen is rotated
- Increased arrow size on the GPX
- Bugfix: correct ascent calculation at start-up after barometer calibration
- In the CSV the ascent and descent are with a decimal
- Proper autonomy with extender battery
- Added voice message with time of day on level change
- Bugfix: map_rotate_on_stop and map_auto_lock_on_speed were not saved correctly

View attachment 14103

View attachment 14104

Download the update from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo
and let me know if you found issue..
Thanks and enjoy your ride with BLEvo..
I cant find the updated app in the Google store yet

Sparkieboy29

Mar 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Good morning all finally getting out on my levo and have downloaded the belevo app to my phone ( huawei p20 pro) I have a Samsung gear 2 with heart rate monitor will this be picked up with belevo to monitor etc or if not what are people using for the heart rate etc, forgive me if it has been covered before but with so may threads on here it might be difficult to find the correct answer.
Cheers

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Page 13 of the Blevo manual says:
“Smart HR and Smart Power are active at the same time I suggest to activate the linking function between the 2 algorithms by selecting “Connected to Smart Power”

I can’t find “Connected to Smart Power” anywhere. Running iOS 12.2 on an iPhone 6. Maybe it’s another one of those Android only things? Then again I don’t see it in the screenshots either.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Page 13 of the Blevo manual says:
“Smart HR and Smart Power are active at the same time I suggest to activate the linking function between the 2 algorithms by selecting “Connected to Smart Power”

I can’t find “Connected to Smart Power” anywhere. Running iOS 12.2 on an iPhone 6. Maybe it’s another one of those Android only things? Then again I don’t see it in the screenshots either.

Available on iOS - follow these

A6AF1FAD-2F0A-447A-A25B-A3FB127CCB82.jpeg E3603682-3DE5-4F98-82B5-87287C72639C.jpeg CFF1F86F-C1DA-4114-A221-EF28ADD3A505.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles