myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
83991BD9-8422-488F-A483-6D637733039C.png
56DB1593-21DA-4F10-9DE6-F3CAE73D06CA.png

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
2019 Kenevo and other bikes/kit on offer for Black Friday Kenevo Offer from Specialized Concept Store UK

:eek: I came here to post a deal I'd seen but I may have to pull the trigger on that. Have been trying to decide between the Comp and the Expert and if it's worth the extra money. Got a good deal price offered from Berkshire Cycles (would rather buy from them) on the Comp and was about to call them about the Expert. At least now I have a back up idea. Any idea if the Concept Store sale is just today or all weekend?

Anyway, this is the deal I spotted...
If anyone fits a Large bike and has the money to spend... 2018 S-Works Levo Carbon for £5999
2018 S-Works Turbo Levo FSR Carbon Mens E-Bike - Carbon Black/Hyp £5,999.00

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
This might well be the case as the Di2 mech doesn't need indexing as its already set up for right gaps between cogs.

That is not correct, DI2 need indexing as well but you do it electronically - You have like 10 steps on each side of center. Also, a SRAM 11 speed cassette will work just fine.

Karsten

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
That is not correct, DI2 need indexing as well but you do it electronically - You have like 10 steps on each side of center. Also, a SRAM 11 speed cassette will work just fine.

Karsten
I'm only going of my experience when the Di2 mech on the bike im running broke and was warrantied, the new one worked straight out the box. Yes your probably right that it can be indexed. but all I had to do was run the crash recovery mode to initialise it (I'm guessing it ships with the motor disengaged)

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I'm only going of my experience when the Di2 mech on the bike im running broke and was warrantied, the new one worked straight out the box. Yes your probably right that it can be indexed. but all I had to do was run the crash recovery mode to initialise it (I'm guessing it ships with the motor disengaged)
Page 62 in below link describes the procedure, there are as a matter of fact 16 steps each way:
http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-M8050-05-ENG.pdf

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Ross,

If you are riding a bike that have a specific power outlet for DI2 you will be fine with that kit but you will have issues finding space for that battery if you have a dropper post as it is supposed to be located in the seat post.

Karsten

Ps. All my DI2 bikes have needed indexing.

@khorn

I have no idea if I have a power outlet or not.

I have a dropper. This is sounding like a no buy in my head atm.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
@khorn

I have no idea if I have a power outlet or not.

I have a dropper. This is sounding like a no buy in my head atm.

I guess that if you are riding a STEPS Shimano setup you will be fine one way or another I'm sure but I know nothing about Bosh or Specialized in relation to DI2. I have DI2 on all my road bikes and its fantastic. To be honest, my cable XTR on my Levo shift just as good as DI2.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
We’re talking Yamaha here so...?

Sorry Ross but I know nothing about Yamaha and DI2. When that is said if we only focus on quallity of shifting, you can achieve the same quality with cable activated rear shifters. On road bikes it is brilliant when you set it up to control automatic shifting between front dérailleur and rear dérailleur. For simplicity I do not run DI2 on my MTBs, I prefer cables.

Karsten

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Gore Phantom 2 Jacket

£50, with £10 voucher back so essentially £40! Granted it's not the perfect season for this, but I've comfortably run these with a base layer for years. If I didn't already have 3 I'd be getting another, still pretty tempted. They have other Gore stuff for decent prices, but this is the pick for me.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They where useless form my experience with them - took over a month from purchase to delivery on items they listed as being in stock twice with me this year

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles