The deals thread - Post good deals that you’ve found online here

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I've been on there site carnt See what your seeing ?
Also 15 off was if you traded in a bike
It is not on their website, you have to call them. Joe gave me a price of 3400 for the base and 5099 for the carbon comp there was no mention of me having to trade in my bike. The deal was payment in full, no finance available.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
It is not on their website, you have to call them. Joe gave me a price of 3400 for the base and 5099 for the carbon comp there was no mention of me having to trade in my bike. The deal was payment in full, no finance available.
Cool it's a great deal maybe berkshire can beat it ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just returned from Aldi. Crikey it was chaos, the Lidl across the road is closed for a refurb so double trouble and a massive queue outside.

Anyway I picked up the LED Lights at £15, seem pretty good value and 3 year warranty. Might grab another one later if it fits onto my helmet.

Also got the cheapo sealskins copies and a couple of base layers for winter.

Worth checking out for some proper cheap kit that seems good quality for the money.

Cheers @Ross Gardner for the heads up.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
All this stuff has a ticket price of £3.99 at Aldi but it scans at the till at £1.99 each.

£11.94 for all of this is pretty good. Pretty sure a single bottle of the lube is usually around £5.

500ml Muc-Off cleaner
Degreaser
Protect & Shine
Wet Lube
Dry Lube

Marked as Urban stuff but it’s likely the same as their regular stuff....

D60F3511-E7C6-4326-866C-AA9C08FAE16C.jpeg

Last edited:

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Just returned from Aldi. Crikey it was chaos, the Lidl across the road is closed for a refurb so double trouble and a massive queue outside.

Anyway I picked up the LED Lights at £15, seem pretty good value and 3 year warranty. Might grab another one later if it fits onto my helmet.

Also got the cheapo sealskins copies and a couple of base layers for winter.

Worth checking out for some proper cheap kit that seems good quality for the money.

Cheers @Ross Gardner for the heads up.

Me too ??

I’ve found the ‘trick’ with Aldi is to preorder online (free delivery/returns). You can preview all the stuff coming up in future weeks and the day it’s on sale in store they send it out. Saves going into the store!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
All this stuff has a ticket price of £3.99 at Aldi but it scans at the till at £1.99 each.

£11.94 for all of this is pretty good. Pretty sure a single bottle of the lube is usually around £5.

500ml Muc-Off cleaner
Degreaser
Protect & Shine
Wet Lube
Dry Lube

Marked as Urban stuff but it’s likely the same as their regular stuff....

View attachment 5751

@Rob Hancill Loving the EMTB ‘product placement’ ?

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Word of advice on Muc Off bike cleaner and the equivalents, it’s extremely alkaline and not good for alloys but worst still it will destroy the bearings quickly by washing out all the grease. I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole! ?
Warm water and a cloth??

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Well, guess what? 2 of us went into Aldi and filled a basket with muc off stuff and they refused to sell it at the discounted price! So rob, you owe us about 30 quid... we are in the Glasgow area and they said the discount does not apply here.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Well, guess what? 2 of us went into Aldi and filled a basket with muc off stuff and they refused to sell it at the discounted price! So rob, you owe us about 30 quid... we are in the Glasgow area and they said the discount does not apply here.
Damn! That’s annoying, what reason did they give?!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Damn! That’s annoying, what reason did they give?!
Maybe Aldi are cracking down on online sellers using their shop for stock

I went for a pair of workwear trousers a few weeks ago just after they were put out for sale and someone had taken every pair of 32 and 34 probably 20+ pairs.
Unless it was Ross I'm guessing they were to be sold on at a profit.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Prices can be different from store to store in the same county nevermind country.
A freind got a mega cheap garmin at an Edinburgh store so I looked and found the same one at my local store 8 miles from Edinburgh store and when I asked about it it was still full price.
Have had other things the other way around too though. ie. cheaper at the till than it said on the display

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Evans cycles are doing some good deals at the moment - i plopped in to the warehouse store earlier, and got some Endura Thermolite gloves, Singletrack Trousers, and some FWE (Their in hose brand) DWR coated thermal bib tights all for 120 quid, which was 40 quid off the mark prices that where already discounted.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
all true - i hear Halfords are sniffing around them. Got some good discounts at the mo, but appears like they are not getting new stock

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I saw they had a 2018 S-Works Levo with 27% off!
Still sounded too expensive for a 2018 though??

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles