The Name and No Shame Thread, Tell us about your good LBS Experiences Here

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I think that if you receive good service, it should be rewarded and this is what this thread is all about. Please share your experiences.

I have two recommendations, both in Stourbridge;
1. www.twowheelscycles.com
I bought my bike from these guys originally. It was in the sale and massively discounted. I've had two problems with the bike since I bought it; a failed Bosch Drive Unit and a cracked rim. In both cases service was excellent; I got a free service out of the DU swap. I offered to pay, but they refused to let me. The wheel replacement was all done by email until today when I drove up to collect it and it turned out that Trek had sent a wheel with an XD hub. I offered to wait until they had the correct wheel but they pulled a hub out of stock and built the wheel up with the new rim and spokes so I've ended up with a hand, rather than machine, built wheel with an upgraded hub for no cost. They were flat out in the workshop when I got there but there was no question that I'd have to wait; the collection date had been arranged and they seemed determined to stick to it.
It's an old fashioned hole in the wall type shop that sells premium brands and offers premium service to match.
They also have Fantic Integra demo bikes.

2. www.racecouk.com
I called in here today to have a mooch at the new Levo (and they're OK, I suppose... :p ) and I asked about the firmware update to allow short cranks on the Bosch DU. Richard confirmed that was the problem I had when I tried them before and offered to do the upgrade for me on the spot, for free. Took about 2 minutes with a laptop and USB cable, no service tools required.
It's a modern shop that's about to be doubled in size and is teeming with quality bikes. And Levos. While I was there they sold a Ken, took a deposit on another, started setting up a Levo HT for a demo while the customer waited and they were busy selling a 2019 Levo as I left. Good guys, easy to talk to, knowledgeable. Can't comment on pricing as I wasn't feeling that nosy.

Last edited:

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Mine is Wayne & the team over at Leisure Lakes in Breaston All the time & help needed to an EBike newbie like me, took it back as requested after around 1 month for a quick check up and I asked to have tubeless conversion, on pick up tubeless done and old inner tubes supplied FOC brilliant(y)
Don't get that online!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles