Show us your Whyte bits

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I have had that problem in both shoulders ( I believe caused by poor quality original forks on my Levo! Changed to Lyric Ultimate since then and the difference is unreal!) . What I found helped, albeit it takes time, was Deep Freeze cold treatment plus a neoprene shoulder support strap. My ( amateur) take on the issue was that the pain was caused by inflammation of the tendon that passes through the narrow channel of the main shoulder joint bone. The cold treatment helped to reduce the inflammation and the strap prevented unsupported movement which could further aggravate it. The treatment took about 3 weeks. I kept riding!!
Thanks for that......I’ll try that regime, I’d hate to have to stop riding now the COVID situation is starting to ease

Kezzo80

Feb 16, 2021
Cheshire
Hooning around Old Pale this aft. These bikes are just so much fun ?
Egging you to push on.
FC431D81-3F1C-454B-B392-0500D9794633.jpeg

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
I bought the Charger 2.1 damper from Germany and the 170mm air shaft from TF Tuned. Total cost was just under £300 and then I done the work myself.

Changing the damper and air shaft are really easy. If you can do a lower leg service (which you should be doing every 50 hours anyway) then you shouldn’t have any problems.
How is the charger 2.1 compared to the charger R?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Thanks to all who have posted various mudguard combos, here is mine, and I am quite please with how it performed on my first ride. View attachment 55877 View attachment 55879

That's probably the best there is, for keeping the mud off, but it looks awful!

When I fitted mine to my Cube, I did it in a hurry, and stupidly forgot to put the helitape on the frame underneath, resulting in all the paint rubbing off. I'm glad you're smarter than me and fitted the protection!

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
will that be done on warranty?
Usually, unless they find it was caused by me when they take it apart. I find Rock Shox good, so I stick with what I know. Also why I don't rush into upgrades, might as well get my money's worth from the standard bits. I've even sent a rear shock off once that had failed and got a better one back (not sure if that was Whyte or Rock Shox behind that decision).

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
It’s a little more refined and slightly more plush. There is a noticeable positive difference but it’s not extreme. Also nice to have a little more adjustment available.
I'd be interested to know if the Charger R is the same as any 2.1 damper inside, minus the compression adjusters obviously. Mine's performed pretty well but failed after six months, so been sent off for service/repair ??

Markwright1983

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
I'd be interested to know if the Charger R is the same as any 2.1 damper inside, minus the compression adjusters obviously. Mine's performed pretty well but failed after six months, so been sent off for service/repair ??
They’re definitely not the same. The Charger R is a semi open bath design whereas the Charger 2.1 is a sealed bladder design.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Yeah, I've looked at the service manuals - not sure how this shows they're that much different TBH.

Edit - found the right diag ?

Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 10.50.10.png
Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 10.49.49.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles