Show us your Whyte bits

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Little jaunt out to pines to get a feel for it in the air. Feels so planted

View attachment 44132
I have the impression from the photo that the piggyback IFP chamber is slightly rotated. Is that correct or just an optical illusion?
I am looking at RS Super Deluxe for my E160, but the in the vertical plane it would rule out a water bottle, so I am wondering if a slight rotation of the piggyback is feasible.

kenevo Nige

Jul 28, 2019
Clitheroe
20210218_190539.jpg
New ride e180s , can't wait to get ripping.
I have been painfully waiting until I got the invisaframe slapped on and installed the obligatory mudhugger's (shorty front , standard front on rear which is a perfect fit and really looks like it will protect the linkages)
Thanks to the guys comments on this forum the bike was an easy choice, I hope it rides as good as it looks (better than my old kenevo expert!!) .

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
That looks great. I wonder if the large Proguard front would protect the rear linkages the same as your mudhugger has. Anyone done this?

kenevo Nige

Jul 28, 2019
Clitheroe
That looks great. I wonder if the large Proguard front would protect the rear linkages the same as your mudhugger has. Anyone done this?
Not sure about the proguard , I got the idea from Sam Hill, he rides the same setup and I thought if it's good enough for the champ il strap em to the beast ?

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
They reckon most fashion trends start down South before making there way up North ..Im hoping that particular trend gets lost on the way to Northumberland ??
They’re not too bad once the spring sunlight means I can shift to mirrored lenses, otherwise they do look very, very special.
Sunlight is a southern invention. We let you northerners have a little taste now and again - your allowance should arrive 3rd-5th July. Should.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Just taking it off instagram as i'm a lazy bugger. Got bored and wanted to see how weird it would feel not running flats as i had the pedals sitting in the shed from my previous bike. The one thing that stood out was how much easier it felt riding with the motor off, but what's the point of that? :D Currently torn between the added safety of my feet not coming loose and the added danger of myself not coming off the bike when i need to :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

1614013216151.png

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Just taking it off instagram as i'm a lazy bugger. Got bored and wanted to see how weird it would feel not running flats as i had the pedals sitting in the shed from my previous bike. The one thing that stood out was how much easier it felt riding with the motor off, but what's the point of that? :D Currently torn between the added safety of my feet not coming loose and the added danger of myself not coming off the bike when i need to :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

View attachment 53842
After years of being “ clipped in “ I went back to flat pedals and I don’t regret it at all, no clogged cleats, no frozen SPD mechs......back to old school ways ?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
It's a debate that will last forever. There are times where i almost crash smashing down over rooty/rocky bits where my feet break loose or going over drops where the bike just wants to disappear below me.

Crashing clipped in sucks.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
It's a debate that will last forever. There are times where i almost crash smashing down over rooty/rocky bits where my feet break loose or going over drops where the bike just wants to disappear below me.

Crashing at all sucks......of to the docs the morn, think I’ve got bother with roto cuff in left should after an off last year. Tried to work it off doing physio exercises I used to recover after I did my right shoulder at Hamsterly a few years ago but to no avail.....it’s getting worse with time.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth

It all about using the right shoes/boots. With my winter and summer 5/10s on Nukeproof pedals it is almost impossible to adjust foot position once my foot is planted on the pedal ( standing on the pedals).....so the opposite of foot slipping.
Going over drops or landing jumps is a different issue. You are probably used to "sucking" the bike up underneath you using cleats. You need to break that habit. I find with flats my foot is planted further forward on the pedal than the usual clip in position and the pedal angled forward or backward much more to influence the amount of force applied towards the front or rear of the bike. If you are using the shift rearward technique to tackle drops the pedal is angled heel down to start with, then rotating more forward for a downslope landing.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Crashing at all sucks......of to the docs the morn, think I’ve got bother with roto cuff in left should after an off last year. Tried to work it off doing physio exercises I used to recover after I did my right shoulder at Hamsterly a few years ago but to no avail.....it’s getting worse with time.
I have had that problem in both shoulders ( I believe caused by poor quality original forks on my Levo! Changed to Lyric Ultimate since then and the difference is unreal!) . What I found helped, albeit it takes time, was Deep Freeze cold treatment plus a neoprene shoulder support strap. My ( amateur) take on the issue was that the pain was caused by inflammation of the tendon that passes through the narrow channel of the main shoulder joint bone. The cold treatment helped to reduce the inflammation and the strap prevented unsupported movement which could further aggravate it. The treatment took about 3 weeks. I kept riding!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles