Mission Control RELEASE OF OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 BIKES

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
My bike has sat for awhile this winter. Now the bluetooth won't work. The bike isn't even giving off bluetooth. My phone, my wife's phone, and my laptop cant even find the bluetooth signal from the bike.

Any ideas?

ian408

Dec 1, 2020
Silicon Valley
I’ve got a 2020 Levo Comp and it won’t let me update via Bluetooth to the latest software ?
Be sure the app has been updated as well. Almost forgot, make sure the bike's current software is not too far outdated-you might need to be fairly current for the OTA updates to work.

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
Be sure the app has been updated as well. Almost forgot, make sure the bike's current software is not too far outdated-you might need to be fairly current for the OTA updates to work.

Thanks, it was updated just before Xmas as it was in the shop for a new power cable replacement. I’ve tried logging in and out of the Mission Control app and it still won’t update, so will probably end up with a trip back to the lbs.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Thanks, it was updated just before Xmas as it was in the shop for a new power cable replacement. I’ve tried logging in and out of the Mission Control app and it still won’t update, so will probably end up with a trip back to the lbs.
In some cases uninstalling the app and re-install it helps

Martinintirol

Feb 27, 2020
Zillertal, Tirol, Austria
Mine been sat unused since November (ski season here).
So I stuck the battery back in, switched on Mission Control and saw that there was an update and that I should visit the dealer for this.
Turned everything off as I was prepping for a ride the following day.
Next day turned all on again and the MC started the update itself!
All fully functional.. fantastic!!

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
EXCITING FIRMWARE "UPDATES" (UPDATED 09/03/2021)

Thanks to the help of our beta testers once again today we released our newest motor firmware 7.4.2 for 2.1 Motors available via Mission Control Over The Air Updates. The OTA process has been further improved and firmware developed with the feedback given by our Beta testers.

To update and find out what has changed in the latest firmware install Mission Control 2.4.5, see further details below.

See previous post here regarding last 2.1 Motor firmware release and warranty extension >> warranty extension firmware update

What are over the air (OTA) updates?

Over The Air (OTA) updates will allow you to update any Levo gen 2 (MY19-21) and Kenevo gen 2 (MY20-21) TCU and 2.1 Motor to the latest available firmware using your phone, supported by IOS and Android.

How can I carry out OTA updates for my LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control, connect to your bike, navigate to > Diagnose > you will see an update icon next to "Device updates".

Enter into Device Updates and here you will see your current version of firmware and the latest available version.

To find out what has changed in this firmware version and the previous firmware versions refer to the release notes by clicking on "Find out whats new here." under the firmware table.

If you want to update then click on "Update my bike". Please read the notice information carefully before updating, also note batteries cannot be updated OTA and you will not be able to roll back to the previous firmware version.

You do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

UPDATE LINK >> (HERE)

Whilst you are there why not check out all the other helpful Mission Control videos available on our SBCU YouTube to make the most of the app and set up of your Turbo Bike.

How to track your rides in Specialized Mission Control
Managing your Turbo ebike with the Specialized Mission Control app
How to connect your Turbo ebike to Specialized Mission Control
How to tune your Turbo ebike in Specialized Mission Control
How to use Smart Control in Specialized Mission Control
How to manage your settings in Specialized Mission Control

UPDATE FAQ

What version of Mission Control do I need to update my bike?

Please update to the latest Mission Control 2.4.5 to gain from all the latest features including the firmware release notes.

Note: Version 2.4.3 onwards will also allow you to update OTA but will not show release notes.

I cannot see device updates?

Try logging out of Mission Control, shut down the app, reopen the app and log back in.

I cannot update my bike?

Try logging out of Mission Control and back in.

What if I do not want to update my bike OTA, what should I do?

If you do not want to update your bike using Mission Control please contact your retailer who will be able to update your bike to the latest firmware in-store after the 9th march.

Also find further information at Specialized Support pages >> Specialized Support - Device Updates

If you have any questions please post on this thread.

Thanks, Specialized Team! :)
NEW 2.1 MOTOR FIRMWARE RELEASED (09/03/2021)

New Motor firmware 7.4.2 for 2.1 motors is now released to all riders via Mission Control.

In order to install via Mission Control please refer to the updated post on this thread >>HERE<<

To find out what has changed in this latest firmware release please refer to our new firmware release notes in Mission Control under "Find out whats new here." before updating.

Please feedback on your experience on this thread!

Enjoy, Specialized Team! :)

Last edited:

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
For the terminally lazy (like me!)

FirmwareReleaseNotes.png

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
Anyone having issues with the new firmware?

It should increase power output when stage of charge is below 15%. However in my case it looks that the whole system just shut down when this happens and for a while I can't even turn the bike on.

Battery health reported by mission control is 100% and this happened to me twice since I updated the bike. It did not happen before.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark

It should increase power output when stage of charge is below 15%. However in my case it looks that the whole system just shut down when this happens and for a while I can't even turn the bike on.

Battery health reported by mission control is 100% and this happened to me twice since I updated the bike. It did not happen before.

Just got home from at 2h45m ride, 55km. With the new firmware, but I did not got under 15% today. Had no problems or anything.
Did you got under 15% ?

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I did not check state of charge with the app, but I saw 2 bars on TCU so yeah, it is possible that SoC was under 15%.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018

@head - sorry to hear, will send you a PM.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles