Mission Control RELEASE OF OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 BIKES

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
EXCITING FIRMWARE "UPDATES" (UPDATED 09/03/2021)

Thanks to the help of our beta testers once again today we released our newest motor firmware 7.4.2 for 2.1 Motors available via Mission Control Over The Air Updates. The OTA process has been further improved and firmware developed with the feedback given by our Beta testers.

To update and find out what has changed in the latest firmware install Mission Control 2.4.5, see further details below.

See previous post here regarding last 2.1 Motor firmware release and warranty extension >> warranty extension firmware update

What are over the air (OTA) updates?

Over The Air (OTA) updates will allow you to update any Levo gen 2 (MY19-21) and Kenevo gen 2 (MY20-21) TCU and 2.1 Motor to the latest available firmware using your phone, supported by IOS and Android.

How can I carry out OTA updates for my LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control, connect to your bike, navigate to > Diagnose > you will see an update icon next to "Device updates".

Enter into Device Updates and here you will see your current version of firmware and the latest available version.

To find out what has changed in this firmware version and the previous firmware versions refer to the release notes by clicking on "Find out whats new here." under the firmware table.

If you want to update then click on "Update my bike". Please read the notice information carefully before updating, also note batteries cannot be updated OTA and you will not be able to roll back to the previous firmware version.

You do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

UPDATE LINK >> (HERE)

Whilst you are there why not check out all the other helpful Mission Control videos available on our SBCU YouTube to make the most of the app and set up of your Turbo Bike.

How to track your rides in Specialized Mission Control
Managing your Turbo ebike with the Specialized Mission Control app
How to connect your Turbo ebike to Specialized Mission Control
How to tune your Turbo ebike in Specialized Mission Control
How to use Smart Control in Specialized Mission Control
How to manage your settings in Specialized Mission Control

UPDATE FAQ

What version of Mission Control do I need to update my bike?

Please update to the latest Mission Control 2.4.5 to gain from all the latest features including the firmware release notes.

Note: Version 2.4.3 onwards will also allow you to update OTA but will not show release notes.

I cannot see device updates?

Try logging out of Mission Control, shut down the app, reopen the app and log back in.

I cannot update my bike?

Try logging out of Mission Control and back in.

What if I do not want to update my bike OTA, what should I do?

If you do not want to update your bike using Mission Control please contact your retailer who will be able to update your bike to the latest firmware in-store after the 9th march.

Also find further information at Specialized Support pages >> Specialized Support - Device Updates

If you have any questions please post on this thread.

Thanks, Specialized Team! :)

Last edited:

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
For the users on the new firmware, how is walk mode now?
Its better but still not what it once was, it's very dependent on the gear you are in when you activate it, the larger the rear cog the better. It also does a wheel sensor check whereas before it would not so it would accelerate to max speed regardless of how fast the wheel was moving.

Sportsman

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
Will you be able to do this update with a MacBook, was just going to update my motor at the shop at a cost of £25 perfect timing specialized :)

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
I have a 2021 Comp and will not do any updates until this gets sorted properly. Love my bike but I use walk mode and need it to do what its supposed to do......

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
What difference would that make ?
If you put 27,5 on rear your top speed will be a few km/h lower unless you correct wheel circumference setting and only dealer can change this setting ...

Sportsman

Oct 8, 2018
Silvergolf
Or working for my Levo says updates available but no Option to do it

7690A925-0A7D-456C-AD42-19F8C790745E.png

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
There is no update in Play Store yet, first post says it will be Tuesday 15th December (PM CET) so in a few hours I guess ...

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
EXCITING "UPDATES" (UPDATED 15/12/2020)

Thanks to the help of all our beta testers we are releasing Over The Air (OTA) updates with the latest release of Mission Control 2.4.3 available from Tuesday 15th December (PM CET). Along with this release will be a new firmware for 2.1 Motors. The firmware release is in response to feedback we have received from riders and comes with further improvements for torque peak spikes and walk-assist improvements.

See previous post here regarding last 2.1 Motor firmware release and warranty extension >> warranty extension firmware update

What are over the air (OTA) updates?

Over the air updates will allow you to update any Levo gen 2 (MY19-21) and Kenevo gen 2 (MY20-21) TCU and 2.1 Motor to the latest available firmware using your phone, supported by IOS and Android.

You will also be able to update your TCD to the latest firmware, this applies to all compatible Turbo bikes.

How can I carry out OTA updates for my LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3, connect to your bike, navigate to > Diagnose > you will see an update icon next to "Device updates". Enter into Device Updates and here you will see your current version of firmware and the latest available version. If you want to update then click on "Update my bike". Please read the notice information carefully before updating, also note batteries cannot be updated OTA and you will not be able to roll back to the previous firmware version.

You do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

LINK >> (HERE)

How can I carry out OTA update for my TCD?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3, navigate to > Diagnose > Turbo connect display update > follow the onscreen instructions and put the device in update mode, once happy to update select "Update TCD".

Again you do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

LINK >> (HERE)

Whilst you are there why not check out all the other helpful Mission Control videos available on our SBCU YouTube to make the most of the app and set up of your Turbo Bike.

How to track your rides in Specialized Mission Control
Managing your Turbo ebike with the Specialized Mission Control app
How to connect your Turbo ebike to Specialized Mission Control
How to tune your Turbo ebike in Specialized Mission Control
How to use Smart Control in Specialized Mission Control
How to manage your settings in Specialized Mission Control

FAQ

Is OTA now released?

Mission Control 2.4.3 is now released on Playstore.

Mission Control on iOS will go live late PM CET.

Note: both can take time to become live and available on your mobile device.

What version of Mission control do I need to update?

Please update to the latest Mission Control 2.4.3 to gain from all the new features

Note: Version 2.4.1 will also allow you to update OTA.

I cannot see device updates?

Shut down the app and reopen.

Try logging out of Mission control and back in.

I cannot update my bike?

Try logging out of Mission control and back in.

Will other bikes be supported in the future?

We are working on bringing the functionality to SL and future bikes.

What if I do not want to update my bike OTA, what should I do?

If you do not want to update your bike using Mission Control please contact your retailer who will be able to update your bike to the latest firmware in-store after the 15th December.

Also find further information at Specialized Support pages >> Specialized Support - Device Updates

If you have any questions please post on this thread.

Thanks, Specialized Team! :)
Hi all, please refer to the latest updated FAQ. Thanks.

Damon Hart

Nov 4, 2019
Brighton
in the UK
Mission control update done on android phone at 0930 UTC.
Just gone out to the garage and updated the motor firmware on my 2019 turbo levo comp.
All worked very well and less than the 10 mins advised by the app.
Have not ridden the bike yet but did test the walk assist.
The walk assist is now instant and much better.
Thankyou
Specialized

Last edited:

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Upgraded my iPhone 11 to IOS 14.3...didn’t need to update Mission Control...then upgraded my motor firmware...successful...looking forward to a test ride later in the week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles