DIY: Range extender for Levo (and Kenevo)

Tasa

Jul 11, 2022
Lithuania
Hello All,
thank you Villho for detailed information "on how to" build range extender.
I have made it for Bosch system and it works. Just I together with my friend electronic engineer created PCB with two Ideal Diodes with second battery disconnection function.

1667925909319.png

1667925921673.png

1667925947028.png

I have installed it to 2021 Focus Throne eMTB.
For additional battery connection I have bought original second battery wiring kit (p.n.:0275007930).
The system works quite fine, but sometimes I have 550 error (after restart of the systems, error codes disappears).

1667926305590.png

The Diode should work for all types of bikes. I have already tested with bosch, Yamaha systems. If it works with Levo,Yamaha and Bosch it should work with others as well.

If someone would like get more info, can contact me.

iamanej

Apr 3, 2023
Slovenija
I've bought a 480wh extender battery for kenevo SL from VOLABIKE and I must say that the bag is ugly as f*** and impractical to put on and off after usage.
After all you don't want to have 1,8kg extender battery on for every ride, just for planned longer ones (stock 320wh + 480wh extender = 800wh).
Does anyone know where to buy some kind of a simple lock similar to FIDLOCK system for watter bottles so I would make a custom box for the battery which would simply attach/detach after usage?

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
I've bought a 480wh extender battery for kenevo SL from VOLABIKE and I must say that the bag is ugly as f*** and impractical to put on and off after usage.
After all you don't want to have 1,8kg extender battery on for every ride, just for planned longer ones (stock 320wh + 480wh extender = 800wh).
Does anyone know where to buy some kind of a simple lock similar to FIDLOCK system for watter bottles so I would make a custom box for the battery which would simply attach/detach after usage?
just use the ugly bag , ride your bike, and you will find it nice as the ride will be cool

Electricmtb777

Feb 24, 2023
Santa Barbara
I want to buy that battery but they don’t appear to ship to America?

iamanej

Apr 3, 2023
Slovenija

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hello.
as far as I've been able to notice so far, the m510 is about 20% stronger in peek than the turbo levo, but the brose is more drivable-smoother. what's your opinion?
according to what you wrote to me, the m820 is not far behind the brose motor.

the only thing I can think of is the problem, there is no Specialized service in Zagreb anymore. I have to go to Slovenia for service. about 200 kilometers. so I would assemble the cef50 so I can repair the bike myself.

Moreteen

Mar 18, 2024
Germany
Hi, I have the Range Extender of Dany de Neuve.
This part on the pic is part of the cable and the reason why my ext. battery doesn`t work anymore.
Does anybody know if this is an ideal diode? If yes which one is IN OUT Grnd?

Connections.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles