Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Never had that happen on any of my bikes, I have replaced my rear meck on stilus has it got bent when overrunning big cog and going into rear wheel, but no cracks like yours. Shimano deore 12 speed is improvement over Sram just my opinion...LOL

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Tried loads such as neoprene Velcro straps etc but ended up getting a crud catcher XL front mudguard-epic results and clip has not suffered since (nor my face) ?.
@Timmoh is spot on, a crudcatcher XL puts a stop to the muddy nonsense on the battery cover release..
IMG_20200912_111003.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Yep this is what I meant :) that cover clip is a real bugger for getting grit in , I’ve taken mine to bits and greased it a number of times . Few not pretty solutions on here to stop it getting mudded up
Just an update for keeping the mud off main parts. I have been fiddling about with odds and sods I had laying around and comparing them. I have attached lots of photos of the best mods for mudguards I have come up with and it shows the extent to which it saves the bike and motor. The photos are from a 25 miler in the damp
surfaces and all at between 0 and 20 mph.
I have used a pair of mucky nutz front fenders for rear linkage/motor protection (I don't care about my arse and back!). I didn't like the way others sometimes run ed paintwork and jammed up.
I have the crud catcher XL as stated previously, but the biggest surprise is the adapted £3 Halfords mudguard I have used to protect the lower portion of the batt cover and the front of the motor/bash guard (which used to fill up with crap after being in the direct firing line from the front wheel)
I used inner tube to protect the paintwork and reusable zip ties for removal.
I think all the add ons still don't make the bike ugly as with some mudguards and also the knowledge that the battery and connections are safe and dry is very reassuring. Btw, the guard does not make the motor overheat as its not close fitting to the vents and is only used in lower temps anyway.
IMG_20201129_110603.jpg
IMG_20201129_143420.jpg
IMG_20201129_143711.jpg
IMG_20201129_143717.jpg
IMG_20201129_143724.jpg
IMG_20201129_110610.jpg
IMG_20201129_143856.jpg
IMG_20201129_143917.jpg
IMG_20201129_110603.jpg y

IMG_20201129_110554.jpg

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Just an update for keeping the mud off main parts. I have been fiddling about with odds and sods I had laying around and comparing them. I have attached lots of photos of the best mods for mudguards I have come up with and it shows the extent to which it saves the bike and motor. The photos are from a 25 miler in the damp
surfaces and all at between 0 and 20 mph.
I have used a pair of mucky nutz front fenders for rear linkage/motor protection (I don't care about my arse and back!). I didn't like the way others sometimes run ed paintwork and jammed up.
I have the crud catcher XL as stated previously, but the biggest surprise is the adapted £3 Halfords mudguard I have used to protect the lower portion of the batt cover and the front of the motor/bash guard (which used to fill up with crap after being in the direct firing line from the front wheel)
I used inner tube to protect the paintwork and reusable zip ties for removal.
I think all the add ons still don't make the bike ugly as with some mudguards and also the knowledge that the battery and connections are safe and dry is very reassuring. Btw, the guard does not make the motor overheat as its not close fitting to the vents and is only used in lower temps anyway.
View attachment 45963 View attachment 45965 View attachment 45966 View attachment 45967 View attachment 45969 View attachment 45970 View attachment 45971 View attachment 45972 View attachment 45963 y

View attachment 45974
You still running tubes @Timmoh ?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
You still running tubes @Timmoh ?
Nah, that's an old one I have kept for things like chainstay protection and stuff like that. I carry a tube under the seat though just in case.
Stans fluid and valves with gorilla tape is the usual MO for me.

Reactions: MPJ

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
I fancy the 625 battery for the extra range as i am empty after 20-22 miles on my normal terrain around home.
i will probably sell the 500 as i cant see me ever carrying a spare with me.
Just to double check ours is the horizontal ?
and its just a quick job to move the spacer down to fit the 500 ?

and tips on where to find one at a good price ?

thanks

Roger

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Hey Roger,

I brought one on here 2 days ago :D.

So o they do come up on here. There is one selling on Amazon for a really good price. I was looking at one on Amazon Wednesday for £560 which was a great price but can't find it now so must have been sold although there is one for £667 still on there.

Yes you need the Horizontal version, the product code needs to end in "543" for it to be the Horizontal one ;). They are really easy to tell apart when you know what your looking for, you want the one pictured on the left:

Bosch-Powertube-500-2018-integrated-001-810x540.jpg

To fit to the Stilus, you take the old battery out and then one of the brackets that holds the battery can be loosened and turned around the other way so it allows the extra room required to fit the 625W battery.

I've not fitted it yet, but its an easy job apparently, and then you should get around 25% more capacity.

20-22 miles does seem fairly short Roger but I guess it depends on:-
- Your fitness
- Your weight
- The mode you ride in
- The amount you climb
- On road vs offroad
- Headwind
- Temperature
- Your tyres
- Your tyre pressures

I weigh 75kg and am very cycle fit and I get double what your getting Roger. When I ran my tyre pressures really low, I was getting 30-35 miles but normally I get around 40-45 miles, mainly in Tour or eMTB.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Phil

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
Hey Roger,

I brought one on here 2 days ago :D.

So o they do come up on here. There is one selling on Amazon for a really good price. I was looking at one on Amazon Wednesday for £560 which was a great price but can't find it now so must have been sold although there is one for £667 still on there.

Seen them on amazon ebay etc but didnt think to look on here.

Yes you need the Horizontal version, the product code needs to end in "543" for it to be the Horizontal one ;). They are really easy to tell apart when you know what your looking for, you want the one pictured on the left:

View attachment 46327

To fit to the Stilus, you take the old battery out and then one of the brackets that holds the battery can be loosened and turned around the other way so it allows the extra room required to fit the 625W battery.

I've not fitted it yet, but its an easy job apparently, and then you should get around 25% more capacity.

As i thought but wanted to double check thanks.

20-22 miles does seem fairly short Roger but I guess it depends on:-
- Your fitness Low
- Your weight 115kg
- The mode you ride in mixed as low as i can get away with
- The amount you climb lots living near the coast in Devon
- On road vs offroad 90%+ offroad on most rides
- Headwind not really a factor where i ride
- Temperature Low tend to ride mainly evenings so last few rides all below 5c
- Your tyres ewild 2.8's
- Your tyre pressures now 35 was very bad at 18 !!

I feel my range is about right from what i am asking of it normally 3000 ft of climbing in 20 miles and the ground tends to be very soft and power sapping.

I weigh 75kg and am very cycle fit and I get double what your getting Roger. When I ran my tyre pressures really low, I was getting 30-35 miles but normally I get around 40-45 miles, mainly in Tour or eMTB.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Phil
Thanks for the detailed response always nice to see someone elses stats to compare and check you are somewhere near where you should be.(i have replied within the quote box somehow !)

Roger

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Your fitness Low
- Your weight 115kg
These will have an effect on your range. Are you slogging along in a high gear and low cadence using the motor as support? Spinning in a lower gear is more battery efficient.

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
These will have an effect on your range. Are you slogging along in a high gear and low cadence using the motor as support? Spinning in a lower gear is more battery efficient.
Mostly in the right gear spinning quite well.
have lost 20% range as the ground has got softer.
last ride was 22miles and only 0.5 miles on tarmac the rest was on soft or very soft ground.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Thanks for the detailed response always nice to see someone elses stats to compare and check you are somewhere near where you should be.(i have replied within the quote box somehow !)

Roger

Seems reasonable Roger. The 2.8 eWilds are fairly big tyres when your slogging through winter mud which will definitely impact your performance.

I'll try and get the battery on over the next couple of weeks then will report back on the range difference.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
I wonder whether it will be the same setup Rob, or something different?

I wondered whether Decathlon just thought "we'll take it off the webpage and order a few thousand of these Frames from Lombardi and once they arrive, we'll start flogging them online again".

Or whether it will be their new own upgraded Rockrider which they initially suggested would be released next year (about 60 pages ago in this thread :D

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
There is. 100% confirmed.
Lucky to have an "original" and it never fails to make me smile every mile.
Just hope for the punters out there that they don't knock the value for money the original one was. I would assume either slight price hike or drop in suspension/wheel choice is inevitable.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I have to agree with Timmoh, it really is a decent enough bike full on its own merits. It's not particularly pretty to look at, you only get one colour, the chainstay is four miles long but for all that. it's a very capable, hugely enjoyable thing & for half the price of a lot of very comparable bikes. Other than it tried to kill me, I have no regrets at all & it'll be with me for a good few years I chinny reckon.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
My busted arm's not really healed either. Ride bikes, fall off, that's the deal I suppose. Fun though!

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
OMG - is the bike ok?
Thank God, yes it is ?. That was my first check while my missus looked on in disbelief. I only realised my thumb had gone when I changed gear and it bent in a strange shape ?. I have now rotated the shifter to a vertical position so I can still ride by changing gear with my wrist.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I pasted this in the wrong thread, yep I’m a muppet! Admin please feel free to remove from the warranty thread.

Having a bit of time on my hands I decided to have a look at what the next iteration of the magnificent Stylus might be.

We know that they are made by Lombardo and with a bit of tinterwebery I have come up with the following info. I used a conversion of £1:33 to the euro but who knows where we will be in a few weeks time and I have also used a average retail price. As we all know there can be a larger variance in just how much profit a shop wants / needs to make.

All the bikes run a Bosch Gen 4 in a frame that looks the same as the current model but some of the listed weights do vary. All bar the Sport use a 625 battery which weigh heavier that the current 500 so there has been some weight saving somewhere as they are still alloy construction. Here are just the headlines:

View attachment 46542

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I pasted this in the wrong thread, yep I’m a muppet! Admin please feel free to remove from the warranty thread.

Having a bit of time on my hands I decided to have a look at what the next iteration of the magnificent Stylus might be.

We know that they are made by Lombardo and with a bit of tinterwebery I have come up with the following info. I used a conversion of £1:33 to the euro but who knows where we will be in a few weeks time and I have also used a average retail price. As we all know there can be a larger variance in just how much profit a shop wants / needs to make.

All the bikes run a Bosch Gen 4 in a frame that looks the same as the current model but some of the listed weights do vary. All bar the Sport use a 625 battery which weigh heavier that the current 500 so there has been some weight saving somewhere as they are still alloy construction. Here are just the headlines:

View attachment 46542

so is it could be like this ? Or are these old models ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles