2022 Rocky Mountain new Altitude Powerplay

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
As I said in my thread starter at the top I agree with the image embargo to not take away the wow factor of the actual launch. After all I really like the company and its products (at least thus far, and herein lies the great interest for information about the “all new” these days).

I wouldn’t have thought of it as much had it been about Specialized or Trek, but RM is an underdog when it comes to emtb I think, in terms of market (as many) *but also* primary technologies. Unless we manage to keep the suspense under control, and let RM get its full message out in its full share of attention, there might just be crank integrated clacking 85 Nm motors (or even just Bosch) in a few years time The little currently known stats and data for the 2022 Powerplays seem like full steam ahead in the game though.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Screenshot 2021-10-15 12.54.13.png

Suiso

Oct 11, 2021
Castellon
Good morning, someone has the geometries of the new machine. my salesperson showed me them on his day, but I don't remember them all. I have been told that they are similar to muscle altitude.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Carbon 70 green/black
Carbon 90 full black
Aloy 70 red or orange

The C90 Rally, and usually most versions, are available in two color schemes. The C90 Rally at least in a greenish dark called «Warhammer» and also a more «racing» clear red and dark I believe.

Suiso

Oct 11, 2021
Castellon
The C90 Rally, and usually most versions, are available in two color schemes. The C90 Rally at least in a greenish dark called «Warhammer» and also a more «racing» clear red and dark I believe.
in this case, the power point of the distributor in Spain that I have been able to see, the colors are those that I have mentioned.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hp altitude with that travel is going to rip. Be cool to see Jesse do en ewsE on one and just smash the field by minutes. Things going to be a weapon

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Hp altitude with that travel is going to rip. Be cool to see Jesse do en ewsE on one and just smash the field by minutes. Things going to be a weapon

Doesnt Jesse already run that geo and travel on his Altitude (non-Powerplay) ? I understand it as the new 2022 Altitude Powerplays are just playing catchup in that regard.

EDIT: Oh, you wrote «ewsE»..

Suiso

Oct 11, 2021
Castellon
Doesnt Jesse already run that geo and travel on his Altitude (non-Powerplay) ? I understand it as the new 2022 Altitude Powerplays are just playing catchup in that regard.

EDIT: Oh, you wrote «ewsE»..
sorry, but what happened to the altitude?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
No pedal kickback. Rocky is the perfect co to do a hp with their short chainstay. Other companies with their 450-460 length chainstays with a hp would be a nightmare for a heavy emtb to get around a cornerchainsyay when compressed would end up 480 or 490 😲
What's this mean? I dont know a co from an hp.

Giant can't get me a bike in 2022, maybe Rocky Mountain can! I was considering one last year, but the Trance X launched, and before I could change my mind I was on the X.

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
What's this mean? I dont know a co from an hp.

Giant can't get me a bike in 2022, maybe Rocky Mountain can! I was considering one last year, but the Trance X launched, and before I could change my mind I was on the X.
High pivot. We havent seen the new geo yet i dont think. Probably the same as this yrs altitude acoustic bike. That with a hp should eat up trail. The motor already rips on the climbs

Suiso

Oct 11, 2021
Castellon
Hello, I am following the thread, because I have ordered an altitude 2022 powerplay. I read and write to you with the translator, because I do not speak English. The last post that I have read, I do not translate them correctly because you write many expressions and the meaning changes in Spanish. I have read something that the engine fails going up, is it correct? What do you mean by HP?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have read something that the engine fails going up, is it correct? What do you mean by HP?
No. Está traducido incorrectamente.

"HP" es High pivot. - Pivote alto.

Básicamente está diciendo que con el HP, será muy efectivo en las pruebas.

Piensa que el motor ya está muy bien al subir.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
IIRC one of the reasons RM don’t get much coverage is that whoever does their press doesn’t like giving bikes out - I know several journos etc who have tried to review them and not had RM willing to give out a test bike, despite them getting very positive reviews.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
IIRC one of the reasons RM don’t get much coverage is that whoever does their press doesn’t like giving bikes out - I know several journos etc who have tried to review them and not had RM willing to give out a test bike, despite them getting very positive reviews.
A strange way to market a bike but it does look like that. I dont see many tests/reviews. They did rent them in town here. I shouldve tried one

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Any reviews of Powerplays I’ve seen tend to be of outgoing models.

If you want the latest model it’s never been anything else possible than preordering one 9 months in advance where I live. Since Powerplays launched. Still they’re very popular here and get sold. I’ve only seen one year old A50 in a shop and demo/slightly used ones. A woman at work commutes and goes on picnic runs with a group of ladies all on Instinct Powerplays. I appreciate new bikes going to waiting customers rather than journos, but with all their new developments, different take on things and enduro/free ride heritage they would benefit from reviews that mention that (rather than just the word of mouth from mostly casual amateurs).

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I appreciate new bikes going to waiting customers rather than journos, but with all their new developments, different take on things and enduro/free ride heritage they would benefit from reviews that mention that (rather than just the word of mouth from mostly casual amateurs).

I would tend to agree, however, once the Giants started to get good reviews, I could no longer find one.

Docste

Oct 25, 2021
Italy
I am very interested in replacing my 2018 Altitude 70 with the new model. However, I find no reference to the set-up or even to the geometries. My local dealer seems to know even less... even if they will arrive, when and in what size! Is this also the case with you?
Many thanks and sorry for my bad English ;)

sparrow

Mar 22, 2019
Rivendell123
I am very interested in replacing my 2018 Altitude 70 with the new model. However, I find no reference to the set-up or even to the geometries. My local dealer seems to know even less... even if they will arrive, when and in what size! Is this also the case with you?
Many thanks and sorry for my bad English ;)
If your local dealer truly does not have the info, then they most likely won't be getting any of the new PowerPlay when they are released. Shops had to pre-book these bikes many months ago, and Rocky is most likely sold out already. It'll be worth waiting two more days to see the new 2022 PowerPlay info when it is released. But get in line ASAP with a dealer that has confirmed stock allocated if you want one.

Docste

Oct 25, 2021
Italy
The retailer told me that he had booked a dozen of them in different configurations and sizes, in the face of his much larger request.Unfortunately it seems he has already sold some and that in my size (the M) he has very little or nothing left. And anyway, he wasn't able to give me information on delivery times or geometries.
In short, I don't feel like buying such an expensive and "particular" bike with my eyes closed, despite being in love with Rocky Mountain products.
I'm afraid I have to switch to another brand...

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
The retailer told me that he had booked a dozen of them in different configurations and sizes, in the face of his much larger request.Unfortunately it seems he has already sold some and that in my size (the M) he has very little or nothing left. And anyway, he wasn't able to give me information on delivery times or geometries.
In short, I don't feel like buying such an expensive and "particular" bike with my eyes closed, despite being in love with Rocky Mountain products.
I'm afraid I have to switch to another brand...
Good luck. If you find something in stock, having various sizes and spec levels, let me know first.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So has anyone seen the new models? Is it a totall redesign or just a tweak of the existing design?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles