Will my acoustic bike get ridden

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
First off, I've yet to have heard the term acoustic until joining here.

Topic:
I pick up my first EMTB Monday (Trek Rail 7) and have been told by my LBS that I may very well never saddle up on the bikes I currently own ever again.

I've been biking religiously for 30 years and can't imagine the EMTB being this exceptionally appealing but I've never ridden one.

At what rate do you grab your E vs acoustic?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I had a Nukeproof Mega 275 when I bought my Powerfly. I kept the Mega for a year for uplift days and didn't do a single one. In fact, the only time the Mega got ridden was one day when the Powerfly had a flat battery and the dog needed a good run so I sold it to a work colleague (the bike, not the dog... :ROFLMAO: )

However, times change and I have an itch that may only be scratched by a rowdy trail bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well it all depends from person to person - For me the EMTB enables me to ride more in a shorter time frame, but if I have a full day available I might take out one of my other bikes.

The EMTB gets ridden the most, but still love my other bikes

Last edited:

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I still ride both of mine equally. It helps that they are quite different, I did sell another full suss bike that I know I wouldn't have ridden much as it was too similar to the ebike. The hardtail is used a bit like a gravel bike, gets lots of use in the winter.

PXL_20210205_162458990~2.jpg

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Depends on your motivation.Fitness is a big factor for me and after buying my first emtb, I upgraded my manual bike within weeks as the electric reinvigorated my overall love of the hobby.Both are different but complimentary.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
After I got my Rail, Strava tells me I’ve ridden my Slash a little more than my Rail. I love them both, but I hate going on bike rides on my ebike with people who don’t have one. Still have a lot of friends on regular bikes that i like to ride with. I also like to try to keen the leg stamina I’ve built up over the years?
Ebike are great for exercise, but not so much for leg strength I find

congratulations on a great bike. You will love your Rail.
I find that in the winter, I only ride my ebike. Regular bike isjust to much struggle on snowand ice

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Marley....Please stop using that irritating term " acoustic " ..
You have up to this point been riding a mountain bike( mtb) / road bike or just plain bike ..and are soon to be riding an ebike( emtb)
Don't join the f--kwits trying to be trendy ..?

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
I use mine mainly for the local runs, as i find the EMTB is a little too much for this, due to the length of ride but I do have great fun on both ?
42A2A694-2D6A-4755-8A59-CFFE3CE733EF.jpeg F4CFE75B-F11B-4980-A7ED-DAC799BF7DCC.jpeg

baydoh

Dec 22, 2020
Australia
I sold my Trek Slash so I could afford to purchase my Trek Rail. I wish I had a hard tail so i could ride it around the streets and lake with the kids . As far as using a normal bike on the trails- that's never going to happen !

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I rode my emtb for a while and then went back to the mtb just to check what I was missing. Nothing except knee pain. The ride reminded me why I had bought the emtb. But the big mistake was in selling the mtb. I absolutely should have kept it. It was a spare for when the emtb was out of order and it would have been a great bike for my grandson's next bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles