Who’s kept their acoustic bike and why?

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Ibis Mojo 3. Full custom build and I will never get rid of this bike.

802DE57F-7929-4866-8234-EACD39B03515.jpeg 12307641-B63D-408D-A8D7-E8BF98DF2727.jpeg

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Been riding mine for the last three days as I snapped the mech on my eeb. I've really enjoyed riding it again, especially on descents where it feels so nice. I'm looking forward to having the eeb back up and running next week but I'll definitely be keeping my conventional bikes and will ride them every now and again.

JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Ive kept my HT 29er for commuting and general cycling. I would NEVER EVER leave my ebike locked anywhere where I live. Bike theft is absolutely out of control in NZ. In my city of 500,000 people around 30 bikes go missing every week.

Plus on the road and commuting I like to ride at more than 31kph :ROFLMAO:

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I still have my trusty 2015 Norco Sight, in fact, I rode it yesterday. For most solo rides I now take the Levo SL but if I'm riding with mates on normal meat powered bikes I'll ride the Norco, plus it feels so light and poppy after being on the SL.
It really just depends on who I'm riding with.
1665362757664.png
1665364638122.png

Last edited:

LouCyffer

Oct 2, 2022
UK
I couldn’t get rid of my old custom build Epic. Owned since new and ridden all over. Rarely gets an outing now over the Levo, but it’s still great fun and amazingly rapid. A keeper.

E74F0BE0-F326-4FFA-967F-E0CC498D0B6D.jpeg

jcismo1

Jul 22, 2021
Colorado
I’ve been riding emtb’s for about 3 years now. I agree with many of the others. I’m glad I didn’t sell my analog bikes, because they get the majority of my ride time. As others have stated, it’s kind of nice to have a lighter, more nimble bike sometimes. Also, some places here, still don’t allow e-bikes on the trails.

4D4B08BD-115B-49D5-A38C-4F44D06B0159.png B9A19027-167C-4B02-842D-5F8F61C4EF7E.jpeg

Last edited:

sam.spoons

Sep 8, 2022
M11MM
TLDR, haven't got time to read the whole thread today but FWIW I've kept my three acoustic bikes and which bike I ride will depend on who I'm riding with. #2 son is a keen road/gravel cyclist and much, much, fitter than I am so that'll be the Orrun then, likewise if the others have eBikes. But if I go out with mates with acoustic bikes I will ride an acoustic too unless they are much fitter than me. Then there's the road bike, once the novelty of the eMTB wears of a little I'll get back to my weekly 15-20 mile quick (well, not very quick) fitness blasts (I can't stand indoor cycling).

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
I keep it for a few reason. It keeps my fitness up and most of my buddies don't have e-bikes anyway. Also, I enjoy downhills on the regular MTB a lot more. At some point, I'll go all E though.

Jagged

Sep 11, 2022
Asia
Just sharing my personal journey as I started cycling only in the past year.

Among newbie friends who also started cycling only during Covid ( we’re mostly in our 40’s), I’ve observed that most of them stayed with road or gravel bikes and wouldn’t even dare to ride offroad. Understandably, with age and the commitment that goes with that point life, it might be too much commitment to learn a totally new skill. In my case, I only improved my balance skills a lot after doing mtb riding.

Anyway, just like many others, i didnt appreciate e-mtb’s at first especially with so much negativity in the Internet. But I’ve realized how it allows people of different skill and fitness levels to enjoy riding together. In just a few months from zero skill level, I could now keep up with friends who have been long time mtb enthusiasts. Plus I’d join adventure ride that I probably wouldn’t even consider.

I still do train with my analog bikes regularly but mostly just around my neighborhood to keep my fitness in check.

Last edited:

boylagz

Nov 13, 2021
jcgo1985
Don't sell your suffer bike... there'll be days where you want to take that out instead of the cheater bike. I'm sure you're grabbing the ebike a lot more since you got it, but the novelty wears off (for me it did anyway). Plus you'll have rides where it'll be all suffer dudes... riding with an ebike won't be fun for anyone. Until I blew my ACL (operation in 3 weeks), I've been riding 3:1 suffer to ebike ratio.
Shut up, who has analogs nowadays? 🤣

20221013_094313.jpg

Ballantin

Oct 12, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
I have kept my Cube Stereo HPA (160mm) for several reasons:

- I love that bike and have put quite some effort and money in upgrades
- Lighter and more confident with it.
- It is a 2015 Alu model. It is not worth selling it.
- When it is really wet and muddy it is less worrisome plus the people that I ride with don't want to take out their emtbs when it is that wet.
- If we ride with people with normal mtbs I just take my Cube.

I also have a roadie that is permanently attached to a Tacx turbo trainer.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I still ride normal bikes more than the emtbs, the DJ bike gets a lot of use on the pump track, and at this time of year I put in a fair few miles on the gravel bike as I can jump on it from the house, go fro a quick blast, and when I get back it only needs a 10 minute clean vs the hour it seems to take with the MTB in current conditions.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 09.14.19.png

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
I sold my Kona Process 153 when I got my Rise M10 because they were almost the same weight and geometry… that was a little over a year ago but my wife kept her bike (Canyon Lux, 23 lbs. XC) and has a Rise M-Team so very different… I just bought a Norco Fluid and used a bunch of parts I took off my Rise to upgrade it and it is light and very nimble… it will be my Florida bike while my Rise will be the bike I ride in mountains… I have been riding the Norco almost exclusively for 3 weeks now as I am in better shape because I ride more often because of the ebike:). It is a slower ride but can make an easy trail on an ebike more technical and therefore like a new trail.

1A4AF9EB-672E-4DC8-AFD4-C46E9468C184.jpeg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I started riding bikes on the North Shore and Whistler over 10 years ago which definitely puts me in the DH oriented camp. I will be the first to admit I don't like to pedal up for various reasons including injuries' and the amount of time it takes so when the emtbs came along I was happy to buy one. I bought a Kenevo. It rode up well but it was way too different than what I was used to, on the way down. I sold it and bought a Levo SL. It was much better but I still felt the lack of suspension and weight affected my ride. I bought a Kenevo SL which only weighs 2 lbs more than the Levo SL, has better rear suspension but I have had to replace the motor 3 times in the last 6 months. I am now strongly considering buying a Specialized Enduro to ride Whistler and shuttle, sell the the Kenevo SL and keep the Levo SL to pedal up as I really don't feel that much of a difference between Kenevo SL and the Levo SL after all. Am I thinking the lighter Enduro will more fun to ride than the Kenevo SL, at least of the way down. I am also hoping I can get my wife to pedal the Enduro up on the days we ride together as she actually likes riding up :rolleyes:. She just read this and said f*ck that idea! :LOL:. I am not sure if this is a good idea or if I am just pissed off that the Kenevo SL motor keeps crapping out.

KSL c.jpg

Enduro.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles