Which cycle glasses?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I'm looking for some cheaper cycle glasses as I don't want to spend 100+ euro's on it. I'll be using g it to keep the mud and bugs out of my eyes and some small light filter would be OK to.

I saw some on aliexpress that looks like the more expensive brands.
Anyone uses them?
Wich one ?

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
I got the china POC’s off Ebay uk £20ish they work great.
Looking at the china Oakley Jawbreakers now…

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Check out "goodr". Great deal. I have a 5 pair all with different light transmission lens. Pretty happy with them. I typically have 3 pair in my ski pack for different conditions from snowing to super bright days on the glaciers. Those ones are releatively flat so i have them in smaller hardcases making them easier to pack. Pretty good quality. They were 3 for $90, a bit more now. Just picked up the wraps. Very nice.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'm looking for some cheaper cycle glasses as I don't want to spend 100+ euro's on it. I'll be using g it to keep the mud and bugs out of my eyes and some small light filter would be OK to.

I saw some on aliexpress that looks like the more expensive brands.
Anyone uses them?
Wich one ?
I assume Decathlon are also in Belgium.

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
+1 for Decathlon

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You get what you pay for unfortunately. I resisted paying good money for glasses for a long time.........then relented after every pair I bought either scratched up or the lens coating failed within a few months.....and that was paying an average £30 a time. I ended up buying Oakley Jawbreakers with prism trail lightly tinted lens. 2 years ago and I wear them every ride whether sunny or dull or under tree canopy ( except if I wear goggles and full face). 2 years of being bashed by trailside brambles and branches plus a couple of crashes and the glasses are as good as new. Note the jawbreakers are full frame so also very strong.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I just bought these, Oakley Plazma photochromic. In the sale with Wiggle. I have worn Oakley for the last forty years biking and driving. Yes they are expensive but are good glasses in my opinion. (y)
7A969DF0-47D4-4C83-B388-DCEB228E56DC.jpeg

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Oakley Jawbreaker with photochromic for winter and prism road in summer, can’t understand why anyone would risk their sight with some cheap shite glasses

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Another vote for Oakley Jawbreaker. Have been wearing mine since 2017 with the Prizm Trail lens, and other than the zip on the case being a bit sticky - I’ve had no issues at all.

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
After years of buying cheap rubbish glasses that last five minutes, I eventually bought a pair of Smith Embark photochromic glasses. Great quality, and lenses are superb. Expensive, but your eyes are worth it, surely.

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
Slightly off-topic, but I was having issues with various pairs of glasses steaming up in the rain. I am probably stating the obvious, although it wasn't obvious to me, but I discovered an Anti Fog Cloth on eBay that can be reused 1,000 times. Cheap as chips, such a simple solution, and my glasses no longer fog up!

I probably should invest in a more expensive brand, though. :rolleyes:

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Slightly off-topic, but I was having issues with various pairs of glasses steaming up in the rain. I am probably stating the obvious, although it wasn't obvious to me, but I discovered an Anti Fog Cloth on eBay that can be reused 1,000 times. Cheap as chips, such a simple solution, and my glasses no longer fog up!

If your glasses now work perfectly why buy anything else? :unsure:

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand

Muc off do an anti fog spray that you use with tissue or paper towels. Works very well too

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
Chain saw glasses from the farmers Co-op cost 4.95€ and come in yellow or black. Light, comfortable, and if they protect your eyes from flying wood chips should be just fine for riding. Plus you can use them for doing your winter wood supplies.

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
Chain saw glasses from the farmers Co-op cost 4.95€ and come in yellow or black. Light, comfortable, and if they protect your eyes from flying wood chips should be just fine for riding. Plus you can use them for doing your winter wood supplies.
I get safety glasses from Screwfix, I'm good at loosing them so I'd rather not spend too much.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
tifosi is a bit cheaper and good

Hcd

Aug 8, 2021
Australia
For those getting a little older and having challenges reading the bike display or phone out on a trail, but don’t need long sight correction, I’d recommend BZ Optics (link below). I do a fair bit of night and day riding, and these change from clear to medium tint, and I haven’t destroyed a pair of reading glasses in my pocket since getting these. They do full prescription bifocals also, but are a lot more expensive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles