Any recommendations for prescription mtb glasses ??

ghettogolfer

Aug 17, 2021
Melbourne Australia
I'm a tightarse and just ride with whatever glasses I wear as a daily. Specsavers at $200 for two pairs and I'm sorted. Don't like riding in tinted lens as I struggle with contrast in the shade.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I recently bought a pair of Alpina Twist 5 HR VR+ which are apparently the most sold sports glasses. They are the first photo-chromatic glasses I’ve found which work for cycling as they go from one to three which is not so dark that one can’t see anything when One goes into the woods. They grip well and are treated against misting up which is use when wearing a mask. Finally the arms adjust so one can fit them close or far from one’s face. I believe one can get prescription lenses for them and I think they are quite a lot cheaper than Oakleys.

surlyrides

Jun 10, 2021
boulder, co
Hey, I think I can offer some good info here. I have been riding w prescription glasses for a few years now and I buy all my riding glasses from zennioptical.com. I use these glasses and they run me about $30 per pair with amber tints, I buy several to I have them wherever I go

You can get mirror lenses, polarized etc but I stick to the basics and get plastic lenses. Never had an issue and I ride as rowdy as it gets. You can also get their "fashion tints" which are killer for low light. I just ordered 3 sets for $95 total... Highly recommend

Prairie Dog

Subscriber
Mar 25, 2021
Alberta, Canada
I wear a set of Rudy Project Rydon slims with the RX optical docking system. I love how they fit as both the nose piece and temples are flexible allowing for customizable adjustments.

IMG_20200313_1014295.jpg

IMG_20210206_1557100.jpg

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
My prescription is pretty high, I have Bolle Bolt S, one yellow tint for most conditions and a darker one for full sun. They fit really well and have survived a fair few offs so pretty happy with them.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Anyone tried X-tiger glasses from Aliexpress or Amazon? Any good?

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
Rudy and Oakley are the best I have used. I don't mess with the others anymore. I think Oakley has the edge in lens colors but both are awesome. I only use their prescription lenses.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
Hi all

an update... i got the Oakley Plazmas from Googleman in Adelaide. Totally recommend this dispenser. They sent out a sample packbeing

Oakley Plazma
Wiley Gravity
Wiley Brick
Uvex 225

the Oakleys suited my thin ish face the best (so wifey said)

cost $840 AUD with for mutlifocal and all the bells and whistles (transition , anti fog etc)

Had a few rides and feel so much better than my regular all use glasses (that continually need me pushing back up my nose). Should have done this so much earlier. Still to do a night rise but impressed so far.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
In Australia there is a chainstore Specsavers that do sunnies and regular glasses as a package. They have many sports styles orders of magnitude less than oakley.

hogicid

Jun 2, 2023
United States
Hi,

Having worn contact lenses from 18 yo to about 50 yo my eyes started to reject them. Having also astigmatism corrective surgery not on the cards.

Are there others in my position whom rode with special glasses?? A few recent youtube vids have worried me about riding in my day to day glass specs.

Also im in Australia... so any Aussie specific recommendations would be awesome on Oakley prescription sunglasses.

cheers
Anyone know if it’s possible to get Oakley sunnies like Radar model or similar in prescription. I tried but they are limited in their range of prescription strength. My sph of +2.5 seems impossible. Any pointers welcome

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles