Geezer? Need reading glasses?

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I need reading glasses because I'm old-ish. When biking I wear biking glasses but when I need to look at my phone I need readers, very annoying (same for outside dining or other sunglasses uses.

So I had the idea of inventing just the reader/lens part of a bifocal...turns out someone else already did...so I bought it and I'm just posting to say that the product totally works. You can add these lenses to your sunglasses and turn them into bifocal readers as well. I have zero affiliation with this company simply posting as a PSA.

>amazon>Optx 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-On Bifocal Reading Lens

Bezos wins again.

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
I use Maui Jim polarised sunnies with a bifocal element on the bikes. They are getting a bit cloudy now and the health fund no longer allows them to be claimed so I looked into these stick ons. They are currently on an old pair of glass RayBans and work very well for driving. Unsure how they'll go on the eMTB because of the sweat factor, given they affix with water.
They don't seem to stick as well to polycarbonate lenses, though I didn't try that hard.

Chrispy

Oct 19, 2020
Oakridge, OR
I use bifocal contact lenses....when I worked and needed small print too I used trifocal versions....this way I can use any sunglasses I want to.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I need reading glasses because I'm old-ish. When biking I wear biking glasses but when I need to look at my phone I need readers, very annoying (same for outside dining or other sunglasses uses.

So I had the idea of inventing just the reader/lens part of a bifocal...turns out someone else already did...so I bought it and I'm just posting to say that the product totally works. You can add these lenses to your sunglasses and turn them into bifocal readers as well. I have zero affiliation with this company simply posting as a PSA.

>amazon>Optx 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-On Bifocal Reading Lens

Bezos wins again.
I wear one 'reader' contact lens. Takes some getting used to but it works for a lot of people.

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
Whatever you do, consult someone who can offer styling advice.

Don't be like Jeremy. ??
20201020_191744.jpg

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
How do you find riding with bifocals though? I've tried it and wasn't a fan. I stick a pair of cheapo readers in with my tools in case I need to fix something that requires eyes....
Very good. I can see my phone if I need to check a map and it does not interfere with normal vision over the top of the bifocal.
Similarly on the motorcycle, the Optix RayBans let me see the instruments which are unclear without bifocal.
I too however keep an old pair of reading glasses for emergencies like undoing the combination lock in low light.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I can see where I'm going, apparently my Fenix 6 watch is a cracking piece of kit but fucked if I can see it on the bike, I can just about make out how much charge I have on my kiox when I squint in the right light.

My Garmin 830 is actually quiet clear to read directions in 3d mode, god help me when I actually need to program a route into it though.

All becomes clear when I get home and stick the reading glasses on, my watch actually works, my kiox said it ran out of charge 3 miles ago and id totally not followed the Garmin route :(

The joys of getting old :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles