where in europe to go bike touring?

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
I am a yank who likes to mountain bike. I know most of the people here are from the UK. I want a leisurely bike tour with a bunch of people who are intermediate riders for a week. I dont know what's available in Europe. Has anyone here done anything like this?

I purposely left the question vague as I dont know where to start but I could imagine any number of formats:
1) Have a tour guide and I am responsible for all lodgings/transportation
2) Have a tour guide and bicycle transportation where I just need to worry about feeding, housing and transporting my body
3) Have a tour group that pretty much handles everything, brings my bike to the trail with my body in a bus, we ride, then they transport us to lodging and (next location)
Obviously I would need to ship my levo from the US and back.

zegroeg

May 2, 2019
Colliers Wood
Have you looked into how you will transport the battery as you won't be able to take it on a commercial flight (discussed at length on another forum and online). You could possibly hire/buy a battery from a Specialized dealer once in Europe.
As for routes, if you want to see a variety of countries and cultures, then one option is cycling along the Rhine which you could do unguided and keep meaning to do myself: Rhine Cycle Route - EuroVelo

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
As @Zimmerframe said, there are loads of guided transalp tours for every level of biker.
I thoroughly recommend it. I did a more hardcore version, but there are many lighter versions that can be taylored to your riders abilities.
Just google "Guided transalp tour"

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
You could hire an ebike easily in Europe instead of bringing your own, it may also be cheaper.

Check out the videos on youtube of the Verbier e-bike festival, EMBN did a good video of it which should give you an idea of Europe. Verbier is killer steep though, one of my favourite ski destinations.

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Are you including the UK as “Europe” , just asking as we are included at the moment.
(Don’t use the B word in any replies please members)

We have lots of amazing places you could visit ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles