Where to ride in europe during the months of January / February ?

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
Hi all,

could do with some pointers and advice please.

Due to a few injuries and arthritic knees I made he decision this summer to hang up my winter ski touring boots in favour of pursuing more emts adventures during the winter months.

I have just watched Robs latest preview of riding Finale Ligure however on researching trips during the months of January and February it looks like that region pretty much closes down then for MTB riding.

So, our objective / brief is to spend a week riding , a couple of days with a guide, a few days exploring, enjoy local cuisine, wine and take in some local culture. Probably hire bikes , we have our own Kenevo's but reckon we might struggle with standard airline weight allowance of 30kg.

We are very hardy and not adverse to the wet cold conditions of the UK but would like to now cast the adventure trip net further a field into some warmer , drier regions of europe.

ANY recommendations greatly received .

Chris.

PS: Rob Hancill feel free to comment

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Can I semi-hijack this and ask about mid-March too.

I have a work event in early March in the Aosta Valley, this year we went to Santa Margherita for some downtime before heading home to Australia, I saw Rob‘s video on Finale Ligure, showed the wife, she would be happy to stay there with our daughter and I could get a few days in on the bike if it’s the right time of year.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Your biggest problem is going to be the airlines, they will not transport a big battery, full stop!

As long as you can either hire a bike or beg, steal, or borrow a battery to get past the airline ban on transporting big batteries, how about Tenerife?

Then use these people, Lavatrax
Enduro / All Mountain

Tenerife in Jan and definitely Feb is sunny and with temps from 20degC upwards. We have been burned in Feb, so take plenty of water proof sunscreen. Lavatrax are based in Los Christianos, which is near the southern airport (most popular). They run a pick up service too for those who are further out. Give the owner Darren a call. He is a Brit living the dream.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles